• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe this will help spur debate:

th_por3b.jpg

th_por2b.jpg

th_por1b.jpg

It looks as good as any FPS I've seen.

I recall BFC said they couldn't 'do' ethnic groups in CMx1 because the faces were random and the necks & hands were part of the common uniform set. I wonder if in CMx2 we're going to be able to get us a mix that "looks like America" this time.

[ July 11, 2006, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

That's one very detailed looking M4 carbine in his hands. We've discussed everything else on the board (repeatedly) but nobody ever thought to mention the topic of accurately rendered personal weapons! :D

You wont belevie how hard it is to track down accurate photos of the various RPG rounds...that sounds like something for anothe blog entry though ;)

And to answer the question yes, these are the soldier models/textures that have been photoshopped over an actual photo at this stage. We basically just wanted to see if the concept would look good enough and we got good results!

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Dorosh should be around shortly to find errors in the uniforms.

Bring it on ;) Hehe actually there could be a few tweaks needed as its a new uniform and they have gone through various changes since the inital batch. For instance I notice they are now wearing their valcro name tags on the outside of their vests, but overall I think we are very close even at this stage.

[ July 11, 2006, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Glad you enjoyed it Vincere!

For those whom havnt seen it yet there is a article on the RPG-7 in the Blogfront news section. Youll find some renders of the in game models for the various RPG-7's and their rockets (click the image to enlarge), plus some information on each. Ill post it in a new thread here as well in the morning after some sleep smile.gif

Dan

[ July 14, 2006, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Is this all final artwork as well? or is it still alpha as mentioned in the previous blog? :| well, even if it's final it looks absofrigginlutely fantastic! hats off to you BF!

I can't wait to experience the same amount of excitement I've had when firing up CM for the very first time! :D

Is this what you're looking for?

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

The models for CMSF will be made and texture mapped all with a software package called 3D Max (we will be using version 8 once it arrives). Actually I am even texturing them in Max as part of the process so that when I put the models in game they will be pretty much finalised.

from here.