Found blog on indies, mentions CM

I found this blog on how independent game developers work compared to big corporations like EA etc. Lots of talk about CM and Battlefront in it, and not bad. He talks about community relations between gamers and independent developers (he mentions Steve's recent 'future' post). It's in danish, so only scandinavians need apply :)

Comment: My favorite scenario always was Chance Encounter. I even played it in CM:SF, still as good as the first edition in CMBO. As for his points about indies vs big players, I think he need to give big players credit for pushing the envelope on the technical aspects of games design, something the small timers are not capable of. I mean, despite fancying myself a wargamer, even a grognard, I love eye candy (don't hate me) and I invested in the latest nvidia card etc, it would be sad if games like Crysis, COD4 didn't find its way on my harddrive too, wouldn't it :)

Good job on the 1.08 patch!

link: blog

Comment: My favorite scenario always was Chance Encounter. I even played it in CM:SF, still as good as the first edition in CMBO. [/QB]
A great CMBO scen that has transferred wonderfully to both CMAK and CM:SF. I'm glad you've enjoyed the latest version.

Hi,

“To bad, my danish is a little bit rusty”

Too true… spent all of my summer holidays as child on as farm outside Aarhus until the age of fifteen… bliss full… rural Denmark of sixties was the perfect playground for a child…

Anyway… have forgotten all the my Danish.. ;) .

Good to see Danes too enjoy CM… smile.gif .

All the best,

Kip.

Hey, I even understand some written Danish alltough I am not Scandinavian ( I do not speak Scandinavian language as mother tongue) I am still Nordic. We have to learn Swedish at school, Swedish is second official language and about 5-6 percent are swedish speaking in Finland. Still I understand even my Swedish is quite bad

This is also from Denmark

Originally posted by Duke d'Aquitaine:

Hehe, very funny. I didn't realise norwegians possessed the ability to crack jokes that make sense outside Norway ;)

Going by the Norwegians I see in Denmark, the only ability possessed by Norwegians is getting ****faced drunk and acting like teenagers having their first party without parental supervision.

Originally posted by Rankorian:

Where as, in the US, on the coasts, we supervise our first teenagers ----faced drunken party.

Hire the boat, club....

Bring the champagne....

I guess there are some cultural differences.

Does that affect our inclination to pull the trigger?

The difference being that the Norwegians are on their 30's, 40's and 50's...