One neat detail I noticed regarding casualties

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@M1A1TankCommander: I might be wrong, but I think that medic units wouldn't be too complicated to integrate in CM:SF as the basic mechannisms (first aid on squad level) are there. Medic units should just have a much better chance to prevent a WIA from becoming KIA.

@M1A1TankCommander: I might be wrong, but I think that medic units wouldn't be too complicated to integrate in CM:SF as the basic mechannisms (first aid on squad level) are there. Medic units should just have a much better chance to prevent a WIA from becoming KIA.

What is in the game is Combat Lifesaver simulation. Basically some soldiers IRL go though a voluntary short course on basic medical terminalogy, learn to insert IV, etc. They do not become medics

I would like to see actual medical units in the game (strechers, medical ambulance humvee,etc), as well as MP units (with dogs), and Engineer units with smoke vehicles, plows, minerollers and MICLICs.

This would make the game a little more complicated, but create a variety of scenarios not doable now.

[ December 08, 2007, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: M1A1TankCommander ]

What is in the game is Combat Lifesaver simulation. Basically some soldiers IRL go though a voluntary short course on basic medical terminalogy, learn to insert IV, etc. They do not become medics

I would like to see actual medical units in the game (strechers, medical ambulance humvee,etc), as well as MP units (with dogs), and Engineer units with smoke vehicles, plows, minerollers and MICLICs.

This would make the game a little more complicated, but create a variety of scenarios not doable now.

This would make the game a little more complicated,
hmm

It would make the game A LOT more complicated, off the top of my head your request for all those features would take the BFC team (mostly Charles and Dan on graphics) about 12-18 months to perfect.

When v1.05 comes out you will see just how far we have come in the last four and half months alone, and you can see for your self the rate of recent progress just to perfect the features already in the game that still need to be tweaky and fixed.

hmm

It would make the game A LOT more complicated, off the top of my head your request for all those features would take the BFC team (mostly Charles and Dan on graphics) about 12-18 months to perfect.

When v1.05 comes out you will see just how far we have come in the last four and half months alone, and you can see for your self the rate of recent progress just to perfect the features already in the game that still need to be tweaky and fixed.

hmm

The in-game tactics are not complicated enough. Not enough variety IMO.

If BFC had a bigger team, they could add more features faster.

I agree that the current programming needs "tweaking and patching", but that doesnt change the game design. It still lacking(IMO) additional features (eng with plows, MICLICs, medic, MPs, barbed wire, water feaures)

A game like Armed Assault comes to mind. What I like the most about CM is the WEGO feature, with pause and rewind function. Thats why I prefer CM games over others.

What I would love to see would be a Armed Assault-similar feature-packed CM game with WEGO.

[ December 08, 2007, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: M1A1TankCommander ]

I agree that the current programming needs "tweaking and patching", but that doesnt change the game design. It still lacking(IMO) additional features (eng with plows, MICLICs, medic, MPs, barbed wire, water feaures)

A game like Armed Assault comes to mind. What I like the most about CM is the WEGO feature, with pause and rewind function. Thats why I prefer CM games over others.

What I would love to see would be a Armed Assault-similar feature-packed CM game with WEGO.

The thing i hope for the most the Patch 1.05 is doing is to make the multiplayer Part of the Game more Active. More Playability and Scenarios. Good LOS/LOF and good TacAI. You also overworked the Spotting system? Or you can still hide a whole Squad in a House 10m infront your Troops and cant find them on good overwatch when they dont want to get found?

The thing i hope for the most the Patch 1.05 is doing is to make the multiplayer Part of the Game more Active. More Playability and Scenarios. Good LOS/LOF and good TacAI. You also overworked the Spotting system? Or you can still hide a whole Squad in a House 10m infront your Troops and cant find them on good overwatch when they dont want to get found?

We'll never add a complete medic component for several reasons, the primary one being playability. Taking care of wounded is a complex process that almost constitutes its own "game". Personally, I understand why people think they want it, and I also believe some would be happy with it, but overall I think it would not be popular with the bulk of players due to the extra complexity. Since the other reason to not do a full on simulation of evacuating wounded is a sizable development effort.. it's just not going to happen. Months of programming would be needed to do his right and that's a major investment for something that most people would probably complain about :D

Steve

We'll never add a complete medic component for several reasons, the primary one being playability. Taking care of wounded is a complex process that almost constitutes its own "game". Personally, I understand why people think they want it, and I also believe some would be happy with it, but overall I think it would not be popular with the bulk of players due to the extra complexity. Since the other reason to not do a full on simulation of evacuating wounded is a sizable development effort.. it's just not going to happen. Months of programming would be needed to do his right and that's a major investment for something that most people would probably complain about :D

Steve