CMSF vs MBT, aka "Peng Challenges Again"!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Hey, who let management in? Sheesh, what ever happened to standards? Common Decency? The bouncer at the door? Lady Yeknodathon, did you forget to pay the lad again? sigh, if you want something done right.... *grumblings fade into the distance*

I blame Old Foul Joe for leaving Boo in charge of the door. </font>

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J Ruddy:

This place stinks like a pair of armoured trousers after the Hundred Years War. Mr. Hortlund, have you been eating dung again?

You know what is really unimpressive JPuddy? And when I say really unimpressive, I mean really unimpressive...not as unimpressive as NG Cavscouts win/loss ratio in CMBB of cource, but almost...well you get the idea.

Its when people who cant be funny on their own accord rip quotes from old Blackadder episodes and pass them off as their own. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J Ruddy:

This place stinks like a pair of armoured trousers after the Hundred Years War. Mr. Hortlund, have you been eating dung again?

You know what is really unimpressive JPuddy? And when I say really unimpressive, I mean really unimpressive...not as unimpressive as NG Cavscouts win/loss ratio in CMBB of cource, but almost...well you get the idea.

Its when people who cant be funny on their own accord rip quotes from old Blackadder episodes and pass them off as their own. </font>

Originally posted by Mace:

*ears perk up* when is it time for the oral sex?

Find your own camel. Should be plenty of them around where you are?! </font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

So Peng, if you read this a simple "oops..." would suffice to put this behind us.

Truly yours,

Steve

Spoken like a gentleman!

Except for that bit about calling me 'Madame Seanachai'.

I'll do you for that one, Grammont!

...you know, in the context of the offending remark, that sounds a bit weird...

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Well, seeing as it was the Head ****stick and all who approved that thing that Baldy posted, I suppose I could say you are forgiven for broadcasting an unfunny "customer service" response like that. I can't imagine any other situation, in any other business where an employee would still have his job after broadcasting "If you don't like us have a warm glass of shut the hell up."

Perhaps. And I can't think of many forums where you and I would both still be posting if the buggers in charge didn't have a singularly bent sense of humour.

Let's give 'sense of humour' a shot, eh? That's the way I took Madmatt's post.

I just found that statement appalling on so many levels I felt the need to express my outrage. It was a wide swath you cut with that remark. Mine was aimed directly at the poster.

Yeesh, Peng fella! You never worked Retail, did you? I mean, do you know how thoroughly despicable and hateful all of Humanity is? You would if you'd ever worked Retail.

When I worked Shipping and Receiving at a major book retailer, the floor staff used to come back to Receiving and go off for 20-30 minutes about the customers. Most of it was just shouted obscenities that never even attempted Matt's wry tone.

I think we recorded some of it. Got it around here somewhere...

When the forum's lackwits are trying your patience, if you don't have time to respond to each individual complaint, then I think you might want to take a bit of your own advice.

Keep in mind that, to an Independent Game Manufacturer, what Matt was responding to was the sort of thing that you normally get from Upper Management. And you want to actually kill them, don't you, instead of just mocking them?

I think the ability to be able to 'poke some fun', as well as 'letting off some steam' as regards their customers, especially a customer base as combative, opinionated and vicious as this one, is absolutely essential.

Now, besides being a fellow Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread, as well as, strangely, your friend, if you decide that it is all just freaking insupportable, then tell me, and I will join forces with you and we will abuse and revile them unto Heaven, ravening like maddened wolverines until we are both summarily banned. I will bring to this Jihad my own not inconsiderable abilities at vicious invective (and thank you for not poaching my own signature 'c********r' attack).

If, on the other hand, you want to consider that maybe we, the obstreperous, vulgar, satirical and very often 'completely off our goddamn heads' customers should perhaps extend to them the same rights of satire, stick-poking and even occasional 'anger', then perhaps an 'Oops' might be in order.

C'mon, man. This isn't Wal-Mart. I'm pretty sure it's a company being run by human beings not unlike ourselves. Frankly if there's anybody on this Forum who should be willing to cut others a bit of slack, it's you and me!

Face it, if this Forum were being run by the Bush Administration, not only would we have to put up with completely humourless, vicious abuse of the customer base, but you and I would already have been featured on an episode of 60 Minutes buck naked, with hoods over our heads, being forced to make a human pyramid while menaced by attack dogs while young women pointed at us and smiled for the camera.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

If, on the other hand, you want to consider that maybe we, the obstreperous, vulgar, satirical and very often 'completely off our goddamn heads' customers should perhaps extend to them the same rights of satire, stick-poking and even occasional 'anger', then perhaps an 'Oops' might be in order.

Yep. turnabout is fair dos. Besides, Madmatt clearly needs the practice.

:D

Michael

Originally posted by Seanachai:

...buck naked, with hoods over our heads, being forced to make a human pyramid while menaced by attack dogs while young women pointed at us and smiled for the camera.

While it's a terrible thing to do to the unwilling, I think I'd personally enjoy that.

*takes off clothing, then dons a hood*

*waits*

*waits some more*

*waits a bit longer*

err...any young women pointing at me yet? I can't see out of this mask!

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

*ears perk up* when is it time for the oral sex?

Find your own camel. Should be plenty of them around where you are?! </font>

Yeah, its a good thing those creatures only live in that godforsaken desert where none of us will likely ever travel...oops...you're already there arent you? Maybe this would be a good time to check your clothes and bed for spiders? Ive heard they like to climb up on the tent sides and then drop down on unsuspecting NG soldiers sleeping in their beds.

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

so close to seeing the humour in this, but I can see that I need to explain this so that even a kniggit of the cesspool can uderstand. (I'll try to use small words, ok?)

Well, I saw the humor in that, so I guess you should be credited with some success.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

...buck naked, with hoods over our heads, being forced to make a human pyramid while menaced by attack dogs while young women pointed at us and smiled for the camera.

While it's a terrible thing to do to the unwilling, I think I'd personally enjoy that.

*takes off clothing, then dons a hood*

*waits*

*waits some more*

*waits a bit longer*

err...any young women pointing at me yet? I can't see out of this mask! </font>

Back from Texas ... then OFF to Texas again tomorrow ... {sigh}

And I missed a flameout by Peng and an appearance by the holy of holy's in the form of Madmatt and Steve ... damn work.

NG Cavscout, apropos of nothing at all, during the first Gulf War a Warthog wife discovered that a certain brand of mouthwash was EXACTLY the same color as a certain brand of booze. The squadron was, thereafter, the wonder of the Saudi postal inspectors due to their apparent obsession with oral hygiene ... I'm just saying ...

Boo ... SPECTACULARLY average work lad.

Joe

Guest PondScum

Im drinking beer right now.

And this is different from every other waking moment how, exactly?