Firefight from the Insurgent side

To my mind you can't include Islamic Terrorists in the game and not have them shout Allah Akbar now and again. It just wouldn't be realistic.

I would even go as far as to say that it should be consciously included in the game, in a similar way to the way the Russians in CMBB shout "Huzzar" or whatever it is they shout just before doing a human wave attack.

Have the terrorist units have a special "rally" command in which they all start wildly chanting Allah Akbar for a few moments. After this they all get a slight morale boost but their accuracy suffers because they are so pumped up!

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

Have the terrorist units have a special "rally" command in which they all start wildly chanting Allah Akbar for a few moments. After this they all get a slight morale boost but their accuracy suffers because they are so pumped up!

Then they kick their moms in the face and wail on electric guitars, making the heads of enemy American troops explode out of sheer awesomeness!!1 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Steve, I would say both the hardcore terrorists and the other irregular forces would say Allahu Akbar. For the regular-trained Sunni troops, I haven't seen any footage (at least not any that wasn't ING trained by us), so I can't comment, except that given that the fictional Syrian government would be a fundementalist one, I would expect religion and fanatacism to be turned up more than a notch, say like Iran's troops in the Iran-Iraq war. The highly religious nature of the government eclipses the secular.

Also, consider the "whooo" effect we talked about in the last thread on this topic. Our soldiers are some of the best-trained and equipped in the world, yet vid after vid from our side sounds like a crowd at a Forth of July fireworks show. I wouldn't expect any less from the other side.

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

in a similar way to the way the Russians in CMBB shout "Huzzar" or whatever it is they shout just before doing a human wave attack.

it's "OORRRAAAAAAAH", very similar to the Marine Corps batte cry, except in a Russian accent (plus, you roll the "R")

but for the record, its also not completely a battle cry, like "Allah Akbar", whenever my Russian friends and family get together, we all yell "OOORRRAAAAAAAAAAAH" after a toast or whatnot.

Capt.Toleran,

given that the fictional Syrian government would be a fundementalist one, I would expect religion and fanatacism to be turned up more than a notch, say like Iran's troops in the Iran-Iraq war. The highly religious nature of the government eclipses the secular.

That wouldn't happen overnight.

You can mod the game any way you want, but we're not having conventional forces shouting Allah Akbar since that would be unrealistic. Period, end of discussion. The well disciplined unconventoinal forces, what we call Fighters, would also not be doing it as a matter of course. The undisciplined unconventional forces, what we call Combatants, probably would to some extent. But nowhere NEAR the amount you hear on the propaganda videos. As people have mentioned, these things are recruitment tools with an extremely concious religious message to communicate. Keep that in perspective. These videos you see are not documentaries, therefore don't treat them as such.

Steve

Originally posted by John Kettler:

...and was that an ammo belt laid out on the ground for the jihadist full power MG in the last part of the video?

Don't know if it was a full ammo belt, but I think that was a PKM or something of that ilk, and the gunner was having some trouble with the spent belt - the PKM using a non-disintegrating belt.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Capt.Toleran,

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />given that the fictional Syrian government would be a fundementalist one, I would expect religion and fanatacism to be turned up more than a notch, say like Iran's troops in the Iran-Iraq war. The highly religious nature of the government eclipses the secular.

That wouldn't happen overnight.

You can mod the game any way you want, but we're not having conventional forces shouting Allah Akbar since that would be unrealistic. Period, end of discussion. The well disciplined unconventoinal forces, what we call Fighters, would also not be doing it as a matter of course. The undisciplined unconventional forces, what we call Combatants, probably would to some extent. But nowhere NEAR the amount you hear on the propaganda videos. As people have mentioned, these things are recruitment tools with an extremely concious religious message to communicate. Keep that in perspective. These videos you see are not documentaries, therefore don't treat them as such.

Steve </font>