So, what will be fixed/added in 1.08 ?

Same question as above asked to Steve, as news from 1.08 are rare these days. :D

While I am at it :rolleyes: ,it's time to post a feedback of 1.07 version , so here is a list of bugs/improvement list I consider, IMHO, being important :

*Bugs:

-Clipping issues,

ie units model overlapping an obstacle or a nearby unit. It's especially annoying for vehicles ; when there is no way to get out from a row of vehicle or a convey, vehicle then could alway go thourgh the vehicles. This is both unrealistic and gamey.

A collision detection should be implemented at least to vehicle.

-WEGO display bugs ( such as a crater appearing a whole turn while replaying)

*Improvements:

StratAI:

-Triggers for AI

Discussed several times on this board. It would make the AI really reactive and more flexible.

-Free use of artillery by the AI

Infantry modelling:

-Hand to hand combat

Related to clipping issue as there need for a collision model between soldiers, so it might be more difficult than with vehicles

-Surrendering units

1:1 makes prisoner handling more difficult because soldiers must be allocated to guard them, and couldn't under heavy fire condition. But the lack of surrendering unit change unrealistically gameplay, as it tends to be fight to the death scheme.

Commands:

-Cover Arc. A move to contact within cover arc command, similarly with CMX1, would be helpful.

-Drag and drop waypoints.

BTW, you could post your 1.07 feedback here too.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same question as above asked to Steve, as news from 1.08 are rare these days. :D

While I am at it :rolleyes: ,it's time to post a feedback of 1.07 version , so here is a list of bugs/improvement list I consider, IMHO, being important :

*Bugs:

-Clipping issues,

ie units model overlapping an obstacle or a nearby unit. It's especially annoying for vehicles ; when there is no way to get out from a row of vehicle or a convey, vehicle then could alway go thourgh the vehicles. This is both unrealistic and gamey.

*Improvements:

StratAI:

-Triggers for AI

Discussed several times on this board. It would make the AI really reactive and more flexible.

Infantry modelling:

-Hand to hand combat

Related to clipping issue as there need for a collision model between soldiers, so it might be more difficult than with vehicles

-Surrendering units

1:1 makes prisoner handling more difficult because soldiers must be allocated to guard them, and couldn't under heavy fire condition. But the lack of surrendering unit change unrealistically gameplay, as it tends to be fight to the death scheme.

Commands:

-Cover Arc. A move to contact within cover arc command, similarly with CMX1, would be helpful.

*Bugs:

-Clipping issues,

*Improvements:

StratAI:

-Triggers for AI

Infantry modelling:

-Hand to hand combat

-Surrendering units

Commands:

Improvements I would like to see in 1.08:

- helicopter and jet sounds as suggested by M1A1TankCommander

- Apaches should be more precise (no more "drunken shotgun of the gods"); in addition to that, I think it would be better if they would stay over the battlefield; the long delays between attacks ( when the "coming around" message is displayed) seems unrealistic to me

- correct symbols for the quality of a spotter as discussed here:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=003954

- Apaches should be more precise (no more "drunken shotgun of the gods"); in addition to that, I think it would be better if they would stay over the battlefield; the long delays between attacks ( when the "coming around" message is displayed) seems unrealistic to me

More Details in Tanks modelled. Elements that change the performance Data of a Tank. Like more Fatigue to Russian Tankers due to some Equipment Reasons.

A Comprehensable Small Arms Modell. Some things just dont really work out as they should work (like 3 US Squads fighting FUll Auto 1 Syrian Squad and get more Casualties then they do).

And an Overworked Moral and Supression Modell. Units recover way to fast from Supression.

More Details in Tanks modelled. Elements that change the performance Data of a Tank. Like more Fatigue to Russian Tankers due to some Equipment Reasons.

A Comprehensable Small Arms Modell. Some things just dont really work out as they should work (like 3 US Squads fighting FUll Auto 1 Syrian Squad and get more Casualties then they do).

And an Overworked Moral and Supression Modell. Units recover way to fast from Supression.