Poor AI, UI and pathfinding even with 1.02 patch ????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone is playing a 1.02 yet, and as far as I know, 1.01 is being developed as of right now and will be released on the 27th. Reviewers have been playing 1.0.

Having said that, the problems he mentions deal with the basic core of the game, and I can't imagine they'd be "fixed" in any patch. From what I've read, 1.01 deals with smaller issues such as glitches with Nvidia cards, etc.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Well for starters there is no 1.02 patch, so I’d discount the rest of the article accordingly.

I don't see any place where he says he's running 1.02. I think the author of this post is confused.

I wouldn't discount anything the article has said - especially considering that another reviewer agrees with him in the comments section.

AI stuff has been fixed - but mind the behaviours of the strategic AI is set by the designer, the TacAI is in-game.

All these things are coded, therefore even if they are the core of the game they are adjustable, not some fixed on stone sort of thing.

Cheers fur noo

George

"Troy Says:

July 20th, 2007 at 7:15 pm

I would think this would have been caught earlier, and I am disappointed this is a 1.02 fix. While I write my review, this will be an issue and I can’t pretend it’s not."

He is still wrong smile.gif

Cheers fur noo

George

You've got to understand grog culture. Nothing is any fun; nothing works as expected; the graphics are always too slow; everything is a disappointment; nothing is historically accurate; the graphics are never pretty enough; and none of their fantsy expectations are ever fuifilled. Did I forget anything?

Oh, did I mention that whatever it was they're reviewing was most probably something like 8 Beta builds old?I don't even think there is such a thing as a 1.02 patch yet. Take a deep breath. Wait for the demo. How many movie reviews of your favorite film would you have agreed with?

I'm just checking. Are all of these statements true?

1) A couple of reviewers have mentioned pathfinding and AI issues with their version of CMSF.

2) No reviewer has played with the 1.01 code yet.

3) The 1.01 patch specifically targets pathfinding and AI issues.

Originally posted by George Mc:

AI stuff has been fixed - but mind the behaviours of the strategic AI is set by the designer, the TacAI is in-game.

All these things are coded, therefore even if they are the core of the game they are adjustable, not some fixed on stone sort of thing.

Cheers fur noo

George

So you're saying that version 1.0, the version sent to reviewers, has considerable problems with the basic core functions of the game - AI, user interface, and pathfinding - however, these are all magically fixed in a 1.01 patch? I don't believe you. Sorry smile.gif

Originally posted by George Mc:

I would think this would have been caught earlier, and I am disappointed this is a 1.02 fix. While I write my review, this will be an issue and I can’t pretend it’s not."

This is in reply to another comment where a user speculates that an Nvidia bug will be fixed in 1.02, not 1.01. Nobody is saying that they've played 1.02 - it doesn't exist.

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by George Mc:

This is in reply to another comment where a user speculates that an Nvidia bug will be fixed in 1.02, not 1.01. Nobody is saying that they've played 1.02 - it doesn't exist. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Seems like a petty gripe to me. What about you?

I'm just trying to clear up the confusion about what version of the game is being reviewed. The original author of this post is/was under the impression that the version being reviewed was 1.02, when in fact the only person to mention a 1.02 was a user (and he was merely speculating.)

I think I'm just confusing things further.

Originally posted by Moon:

I just emailed Troy and he has a version that is about 5 weeks old. I just sent him our latest and greatest. BIG difference.

Martin

If I would have known that everybody gets a copy for free who writes a stupid review... :D

Originally posted by Moon:

I just emailed Troy and he has a version that is about 5 weeks old. I just sent him our latest and greatest. BIG difference.

Martin

Ahh, well that clears things up a little bit. However it would be sensible to also supply this "latest version" to Bruce for CGW to get his impressions straight.

Hope the demo will clear things up to your favour.

cheers

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Seems like a petty gripe to me. What about you?

I'm just trying to clear up the confusion about what version of the game is being reviewed. The original author of this post is/was under the impression that the version being reviewed was 1.02, when in fact the only person to mention a 1.02 was a user (and he was merely speculating.)

I think I'm just confusing things further. </font>

Originally posted by Vern_S:

Thx Moon for setting things straight...

How far has your hair line receded with this release? I'm sure that between TOW and CM:SF it's got to be getting pretty shiny up there... smile.gif

LOL !

First of all making a simulation for hardcore grogs *shudder*....secondly getting slapped across the face with reviews from an unfinished product ...*ouch*...

Winecape,if your still around, these guys need a refill ;) .

With all that said I fear for how the game will run this saturday on my Core2Duo, Vista 64bit, 8800 GTX config :( .

//Salkin

Salkin, that might depend to some degree on Nvidia fixing the bugs in that driver for that card and that OS. Charles (rightly so) refuses to code things to specifically break them because of that faulty driver. However, it should still run.

Martin