Patch 1.03

As far as I know, the "8800 problem" is slow gameplay. I have an 8800GTS and I'm able to play the game at frame rates of ~10 fps. Not great, but playable for WeGo (which is what I prefer to play). If you're just having miserable performance I would look into the multicore CPU workarounds. If you've done all you can and it still isn't remotely playable, well you're experiencing something most 8800 card owners are not.

I also have a Geforce 8800 GTX and am having no problems with performance and stability, none at all everything is up high 1280 x 900 and it is running at about 40-50 frames a second average. I also have a quad core intel No problems with my multi-core, I'm on XP as are most who are having so called "the 8800 problems".

So some of the people with problems may want to consider a few things about the way have their system are configured and what kind of programs they have running and drivers installed or maybe you just have a corrupt file somewhere.

AA and AF are set quite high on mine so these aren't an issue-I've also tryed without them and had zero problems.

To say the the Geforce 8800 series are having problems is evidently wrong, even if it is some one from BF who says so. Yes if the forceware drivers were better it could probably run a little faster, but no lag on my end in fact it runs quite sooth and I don't believe it runs slow for many who have the 8800 GTX.

[ August 16, 2007, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: FaxisAxis ]

Sorry Faxis, I have an 8800 and a core two duo and the game does not play well for me. I don't have fraps so I can't tell you what my FPS is. However, I can say that when I play medium-large maps, the game slows WAY down. basiclly to the point that I have to make a small movement with the mouse, wait, then see where the cursor is now. I am looking forward to 1.03 to see what fixes BF can come up with.

There is definitely SOMETHING wrong with the 8800 cards that is choking the framerate. It isn't doing it for everybody, but I'd say most are experiencing some sort of problem. There are a few other nVidia cards that are also having some problems, but to a far lesser degree. Charles has had a system on order for THREE WEEKS and the buggers keep telling him "it's almost ready". We need this system because the problem isn't just with the card, rather some interplay with other hardware and/or OS. Which is why we haven't been able to fix it yet. We're doing battle now with the company to GET OUR FRIGGIN SYSTEM and if not then we'll try someone else that won't screw up (and the company we bought it from is a big name too).

It is our desire to have the nVidia fix in v1.03. Once the hardware arrives it probably won't take more than a day or two to fix.

There are a lot of nice fixes and some game improvements in there already.

Steve

But back to Topic: Is there any Date when the Next Patch will be out? I still dont like the Pathfinding and the TAcAi + StratAI. Hate it when my Boys get shot in the Open and they dont retreat, laydown, seek cover and get hammered. This Game is still a Mess. So any Date of Release so far?

Well, they stated that they aim for two weeks after 1.02. You can't get a more precise date as they obviously have not made it yet and thus don't know what kind of problems they run into.

The current patch rate is excellent btw considering that they have a very small staff.

Is there an ETA for fixing artillery adjust and the click-and-drag selection of units?

I understand that technical/hardware compatibility issues have to take precedence but I have never, ever bought a game with such hobbled playability "out of the box".

Maybe BFC should hire extra programmers to work 24/7 because if it takes, say, six months to address basic gameplay problems like those mentioned above and the eye-wateringly bad tacAI/pathfinding, I'm not sure there will be anyone left here but the hardest of the hardcore.

It has now been three weeks since release and there is no sign of the "special edition" of the game I preordered two months ago. This just twists the knife in an already suppurating wound. BFC's intentions are good but I think it's time they admitted responsibility for a truly disastrous initial version of their product and a release so chaotic that it included chumming the critical waters with a Beta dressed up as a "finished" game. And 1.01 was only marginally better. They should fess up, wipe the slate clean and announce a patch schedule that would give us some idea of when we might expect the game to be playable. I don't want to sound harsh, as Steve has been nothing but courteous and helpful, but a baseline of credibility needs to be established in order to maintain consumer confidence. Naively, I once had the same expectation of President Bush but I still have more confidence in BFC. Come on, guys, just admit that the TacAI is at about 40% of the minimum acceptable standard (with pathing at 20% at best) and give us an estimation of both the expected level of enhancement and the timetable for achieving it. I would stick with the game and wait patiently for patches if some undertaking were made to get both of the above to, say, 70% fully optimal. That's not an unreasonable demand, is it?

[ August 17, 2007, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Bahger ]