New PBEM bug? Anyone playing successful PBEM games?

I am running V1.02 and can play single-player games without any major problems.

In my first PBEM game (ATGM scenario) playing as U.S., a squad that I loaded into my APC has disappeared on turn 12 or so, even though the APC is intact, the door opened after I gave the move order to the squad, and the floating symbol for the squad is still just above the APC symbol. There is no one home inside, however, by visual check.

I know that BF is working on PBEM fixes for 1.03, but I am puzzled as to why this and other PBEM bugs reported didn't appear in beta testing. There was beta testing of PBEM, yes?

I know that BFC is working on these PBEM bugs. And I have full confidence that they'll get the job done right. But RuhrRiver brings up an interesting point: How did the testers miss such a glaring issue? I hope that when the dust settles that a calm, business-like review of the testing process be done.

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

I know that BFC is working on these PBEM bugs. And I have full confidence that they'll get the job done right. But RuhrRiver brings up an interesting point: How did the testers miss such a glaring issue? I hope that when the dust settles that a calm, business-like review of the testing process be done.

Remember that the testing wasn't near being completed. Don't blame the testers - blame the schedule.

-dale

Actually, Dale, I don't Blame anyone. The Testers were up against date certain deadline. I only suggest what would be, I think, a good business practice: deconstruct the testing method to evaluate what IF ANYthing can be done to improve it. It certainly doesn't mean I don't like them or value their service. I have done hundreds of hours of testing myself so I feel qualified to discuss this. To me, Dale it is never about Who is right but What is right...just a goofy business practice I try to abide by. smile.gif

Well Mark (as in MarkEzra, above) and I just finished having our second PBEM end in failure as my troops appeared in the midst of his with a resulting brief but comical battle. Then one of his "technicals" trucks disappeared from around his guys, leaving them sitting in thin Syrian air at the end of the turn. As far as I can see, pbem is basically unplayable. These are the kind of bugs I would have expected from other companies, but not BF. 1.03 can't come soon enough. I'm signing my name, as my user name & # doesn't reflect how far back I go as a BF & CM supporter. This is pretty bad--hope lessons have been learned.

--Max Molinaro

I have almost stopped playing CMSF completely due to issues in all aspects of play. Infantry continues to not follow commands...move to the nearest action point regardless, short armor battles with T72s firing HE only, PBEM totally screwed, and screwy buldings...invisble walls. I have spent three weeks basically testing CMSF to see what and how things work. There are threads in both support and strategy forums detailing glaring issues and gets no response from BFC.

Up to this point, I have recommended CMSF to friends, probably resulting in several sales. At this point, I am no longer recommending it. 1.03 better fix a LOT of things or I will feel that I spent about $100 (US) on BFC for the right for them to use up 800Mb of my HD (that includes TOW).