"Shock Force" - is this really an appropiate name?

Hi,

you all remember the "shock and awe" crap that dripped from some warmongers' mouths when preparing for the criminal Iraq invasion using the US army.

As expected, it turned out to be rather "murder and terror" than "shock and awe" what american soldiers did, on behalf of their glorious brainwash-training, their chiefs'

commands and their insidious equipment.

"Towelheads" they called the Arabs -that's

the speech of people who come with friendly intentions of "liberation". Arab children they lured and shot with candy. Spreading radioactive waste all around the country, poisoning and killing areas, water, children and people for years to come. All right, real liberators.

Blah Blah blah (Tons of evidence for crimes reaching the moon and beyond).

So do you think it's a wise idea to call any upcoming war game "shock force", thus associating it with illegal presiden&government-ordered terrorism, crime and murder?

I really don't think so.

[ February 19, 2006, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: Günzel for Kanzler ]

Originally posted by Günzel for Kanzler:

Arab children they lured and shot with candy.

Whatever people might think about the rights and wrongs of the Iraq war I can't stand by and listen to this drivel. If you are referring to incidents in which children have been blown up because of suicide bombings of US patrols, you would have to be pretty warped to blame this on America just for handing out candy before they were attacked.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this thread will be locked very soon.

PseudoSimonds (I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the posters point on this forum) I think he meant the word "shock" in this particular setting. If it was a game building roller coasters or simulating Civil War 1861 or searching for dragons and amulets or pretty much any game that doesn't depict U.S. armed forces in modern day Middle East then I would guess he would have no problem with the use of the word "shock" in a game title.

Originally posted by Elvis:

PseudoSimonds (I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the posters point on this forum) I think he meant the word "shock" in this particular setting. If it was a game building roller coasters or simulating Civil War 1861 or searching for dragons and amulets or pretty much any game that doesn't depict U.S. armed forces in modern day Middle East then I would guess he would have no problem with the use of the word "shock" in a game title.

I'm sure you're right but even within the context of the setting his point is laughable. Does he feel the same way about CMBB? How many atrocities were committed during Barbarossa? Does his hand tremble with guilt as he herds his SS troops into battle? I doubt it.

PseudoSimonds (again I'm not defending him or his opinions) since you asked...I don't know what his feelings are about the bits of nastiness you bring up but I think the point he was making was the title using the word "shock" and in trying to make his point he took the oppurtunity to spout off his opions on the war.

Hi,

you all remember the "shock and awe" crap that dripped from some warmongers' mouths when preparing for the criminal Iraq invasion using the US army.

As expected, it turned out to be rather "murder and terror" than "shock and awe" what american soldiers did, on behalf of their glorious brainwash-training, their chiefs'

commands and their insidious equipment.

"Towelheads" they called the Arabs -that's

the speech of people who come with friendly intentions of "liberation". Arab children they lured and shot with candy. Spreading radioactive waste all around the country, poisoning and killing areas, water, children and people for years to come. All right, real liberators.

Blah Blah blah (Tons of evidence for crimes reaching the moon and beyond).

So do you think it's a wise idea to call any upcoming war game "shock force", thus associating it with illegal presiden&government-ordered terrorism, crime and murder?

I really don't think so.

Sieg! Sieg! Sieg!

Yes we did pick up those moon rocks, but that was over thirty years ago.

Ok, just for the hell of it...you want it, right?

I want it, too. Give me a hell of ignorant posts.

I'll give a cheers to the one with the dumbest content.

>Did he actually talk for two days after his >death?

I guess not. Date should be corrected. And your point on my post would be?

>So no one is allowed to use "shock" in the title >of a game ever again?

No. Instead noone is allowed misinterpreting someone's post, for whatever reason.

>If you are referring to incidents in which >children have been blown up because of suicide >bombings of US patrols (...)

No. I am not. It's been a year ago, iirc it was

on the website of Joe Vialls (R.I.P.).

>insidious equipment??

Excuse me in case I did use a wrong word here. Otherwise, shooting with radioactive waste/material, scatter bombs and the like, it's not what I call polite.

>Hush, you brainwashed automaton!!

I guess you would you have typed that as well if I had been saying "USA lies" before Iraq was attacked under "weapons of mass destruction" argument?

>Funny, I don't remember shooting any kids while I >was there. Must have been the brain washing...

Yeah, if you really are one of them, and not just claiming, some question: Got any vaccinations? Feeling alright? How about the gulf syndrome

I read of, all rumours? They didn't vacc you this time, or not with poison? Lucky.

>If it was a game building roller coasters (...)

Hooray. Someone actually got close to the point.

>Does he feel the same way about CMBB?

No. Can't detect any "shock force" or similar in "Combat", "Mission", "Barbarossa", "Berlin".

>Check his post in the "microwave" thread. But put on your tinfoil hat first.

So you saw any of these sources I mentioned there? How was it? Some detail, please.

>PseudoSimonds (again I'm not defending him or his opinions)

Guess what would happen if they suspected you.

>but I think the point he was making was the title using the word "shock" and in trying to make his point he took the oppurtunity to spout off his opions on the war.

Well, yes. I think thats fine.

>Yes we did pick up those moon rocks, but that was over thirty years ago.

Sorry, I don't believe the official missions crossed the Van Allen belt.

Yes they did vaccinate me, thwe usual overseas vaccs (gamma globulin etc.) also anthrax, and small pox. Yes I did have some of the symptoms of GWS mostly swollen joints and a mold allergy I didn't have before I went over there.

Now to the real point, noone I know of, including myself EVER targeted any children or unarmed civilians at any point during both of my deployments. If they had those individuals would have spent alot time in jail.

All in all, if you're not some idiot trying to start a flame war, you have some definite reality issues. Don't imply I'm a murderer again.

I guess not. Date should be corrected. And your point on my post would be?

Errrm, maybe that you don't check your facts?

Otherwise, shooting with radioactive waste/material,

Do tell, what "radioactive waste/material" have US forces been shooting people with in Iraq?

Please note that I expect an answer to this question, and I believe that the word "radioactive" has a quite well-defined meaning.

Sorry, I don't believe the official missions crossed the Van Allen belt.

You are, of course, entitled to believe any counterfactual flapdoodle you like. After all, you yourself are the person ost likely to suffer for your inability to perceive facts.

All the best,

John.

>Does he feel the same way about CMBB?

No. Can't detect any "shock force" or similar in "Combat", "Mission", "Barbarossa", "Berlin".

I guess I have to spell it out a little more slowly for you. You're tenuosly tying all the "illegal" things that have come from "shock and awe" to the name of a game called "Shock Force" and you say that it's inappropriate. I'm simply asking why you don't apply the same standard for all the truly vile things that occured during Operation Barbarossa? If the name "Shock Force" can get you this worked up, surely you must go into fits of rage every time you fire up CMBB, no?

Wow, this is a horrible thread. Bad OP and no good in any of the following posts.

OP: At least you admit to using the thread for your own rant. As for what you are trying to articulate, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your trying to suggest that it's inappropriate to use the 'shock force' title as it alludes to the 'Shock and Awe' campaign that had negative connotations to most around the world. It's too bad your didn't think to phrase it like that.

Next time, please think about what your posting and do a little more to shroud your idiocy. I think you need to do a little bit of research and maybe a little practice with your presentation.

Reply: Maybe your right, however I don't think it's worth changing because of it. It will sell copies of the game if it is linked with US 'shock and awe' warfare. Sad but it's true. What's good for BFC is good for me. It is also somewhat descriptive of the blitzkrieg style action that the Styker force executes.

AN ASIDE JUST FOR YOU:

Keep your anti-semite **** out of here, it's not welcome. I'm willing to bet you don't know dick about the situation in Isreal/Palestine and probably aren't from there. Don't be an idiot and confuse zionism with being Jewish. You aren't allowed to justify an opinion like yours without knowing your stuff, and 'Jew's are bad' isn't a legit argument among adults. I'm not Jewish but I'd be pissed that you'd pick that Patton quote for posterity. Grow up or move along, or else I sense we shall not be board mates for long. ;)