*MOD* M1A1 Abrams V1

M1A1TC

This skin mod is actually very unique, because you can't see it's best part on the exterior of the vehicle :D

...shouldn't it come with a PG-13 warning on it? tongue.gif Although it does point out the reason - be it direct or subconscious - for all wars past and present. So in fact, this is a very historical mod.

[ February 17, 2008, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: The Louch ]

I'm outraged that anyone would even consider putting pictures of naked women inside a tank. I haven't quite decided how to voice my outrage yet. I'm going to spend some more time studying the offending image in fine detail before making my final decision.

This is a serious business, so I may be quite a while. ;)

And which bit is the 'doghouse', and why is it so-called?

Still not sure which the dog house is - maybe because in Britland a dog house (which we call a kennel)traditionally has an inverted v-shaped roof and eaves. Maybe not so in US?

I thought it might be called dog house because it's the worst place to be in the tank. Reason I thought that: in Brit Eng if you're 'in the doghouse' you're in a very uncomfortable place, often without quite understanding why - the reason usually being that you've done something (f**k knows what!) that's upset your wife or girlfriend.

Very nice mod, btw.

[ February 18, 2008, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: handihoc ]

Originally posted by handihoc:

Fantastically quick response. Thanks.

Yes, looks like dogs in US and UK have different styles of accommodation.

Heh, all the dog houses that I think of are like those you described and I'm in the US (DC).

Fortunately you asked before I had to admit to my own lack of knowledge ;)

pet-guys_1985_40183766

Here is an example of a dog house that would explain why the tankers name the thermal sight housing so.

My dogs have always lived in MY house with me and my family, I thinks its cruel to leave a dog outside in a "house", unless its a working animal and not a pet, even then it just never seemed right to me.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

pet-guys_1985_40183766

Here is an example of a dog house that would explain why the tankers name the thermal sight housing so.

My dogs have always lived in MY house with me and my family, I thinks its cruel to leave a dog outside in a "house", unless its a working animal and not a pet, even then it just never seemed right to me.

maybe they should call it the rabbit hutch ;)

Nice mod M1A1!

Originally posted by handihoc:

Darkmage, you beat me to it. It's a rabbit hutch, sure 'nuff.

Those Americans, they can't tell the difference between a hound and a bunny!

Here's a real dog kennel, complete with basking pooch. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop

Handi you'll have to upload that photo to imageshack or something similar we won't be able to see it saved on your computer smile.gif

The apex dog kennel roof is completely weather resistant. The roof extends over the kennel entrance to help shield the weather. The Dog Kennel itself is luxurious; the quality of the finish is truly superb. The 12mm tongue and groove has been dipped in a pet friendly wood preserve and is finished to the highest standards, there are no rough edges or splinters. The base of this dog kennel sits approximately 2 inches off the ground on adjustable feet.

1048s-diagram.jpg