Fantomas_SC2_Classical_Wargame_Mod : Version 3.5 : Light octogones and new towns

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

Is it possible to have the units kept in a rrectangular shape that fits into the center of the octagon instead of like now expanding over the upper border?

No : the strengh windows of the units is not editable in bitmaps, and it is too high : so, if I place the counter at the center of octogone, strengh windows will be dissimulate the unit.

And I dont think the old sc1 cities looks that nice. They would need some "sharper look" to be useable.

The mod is free, and anybody may use it or modify. Personnaly, I like old cities of SC1, but any player may create his own and modify the mod as he prefer, no problem with that ;)

[ April 10, 2006, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

fantomas, I just tried your latest mod and I have to say that you probably saved the game for me.

I was going to buy the game either way, but i could tell from the demo that I was going to have a hard time playing the game with the isometric look.

But your mod has made all the difference in the world. It makes the map much easier to read. Thank you very much!

maybe Hubert could allow bitmaps to fit into the octagons so the hex-people at least get something to work with?

Good idea. ;) I sent him a mail and said him that he might use the files of the mod as he want, modify them for a patch,etc...

Originally posted by JameyCribbs:

fantomas, I just tried your latest mod and I have to say that you probably saved the game for me.

I was going to buy the game either way, but i could tell from the demo that I was going to have a hard time playing the game with the isometric look.

But your mod has made all the difference in the world. It makes the map much easier to read. Thank you very much!

Thanks. tongue.gif In the future, I will try to add roads or rail roads, fields countries, jungle (for vietnam and indochine scenarios),etc... But result is not guaranteed, I have to wait the game and see how I can do with the editor.

Download mod (Actualized 09/04/2006 22h30-France)

[ April 10, 2006, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

Originally posted by Sombra:

Fantomas, thanks for your work. Have you tried how your mod works with squares instead of Octagons?

No tried. I don't like tiles, not only in the game, but in general ;)

[ April 10, 2006, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

It's cool to see that mods like this are already being done for the game. I can only imagine what will be available to us a year from now!

On a related not, I really like the new perspective in SC2. At first it was a little awkward, but after a few play throughs I can't imagine going back to the old view.

I don't come from a long history of hex-based wargaming so I like the current look. In the end I really don't care either way, as long as its fun. smile.gif

Files of mod have been updated (version 3.0) : New adapted look for middle-east capitals and towns

Download here - 11/04/2006 13h30 France

Note : I use Winrar because it is in my opinion the most easy "zipper" and because fileshack do not accept 7Zip files in upload.

You may download Winrar here :

http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250-10007677.html

[ April 11, 2006, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

A strange thing occurs to me: I am spellbound... :eek: Due to playing the demo with a 3D isometric map, I am used there and I could now not play any more SC2 with another sort of map...

Hubert is a damned strange magician ! :D

But I keep my general aversion for tiles.

So, to adapt my counters at the 3D isometric, I gave to them a relief.

Their position is vertical and not horizontal, as if you are to playing on a paper map.

I will in the future realize 3D isométric maps and not 2D maps, as I initially wanted : 3D isométric are effeftively more better adapted for SC2.

The strategic command house is no mode divised. ;)

But : No damned tiles in the old South. Never !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Dtongue.gif

Actualized files of mod are here :

Download version 3.1 mod - works with isometric map

Originally posted by Blashy:

And .rar compresses more than .zip, very usefull when you do pbem games.

I just mentioned it because so few people use rar. Effectively you're setting up a stumbling block to them using the mod by making them download another utility.

I provided the link to 7zip since it's freeware, and it can extract your rar files Fantomas. Wasn't trying to get you to switch to it, just provide something that others could extract your files with if they wanted to try the mod. Winrar will work too of course, but it's shareware.

No difficulty, it is just a question of perspective

Files of mod have been actualized 13/04/2006 0h15-France (version 3.2) : added new special isometric counters, that are more adapted for the map of SC2.

Note that some positions of these counters are not exactly correct in Octogones. I will rectify that when I will have the game, at the same time I will verify all the mod in the editor.

[ April 12, 2006, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

Files of mod have been actualized today 13/04/2006 10h30-France -VERSION 3.3

Isometric counters are now inclinated (20%), better according to the isometric map of Hubert.

Note that some positions of counters are not exactly correct. I will rectify that when I will have the game.

isometric9fv.jpg

Those who prefer old fantomas_counters (version 3.2 and previous) may find them in a special directory “alternate_counters”. They have to rename them “unit_sprites_military” before using ;)

Wish for Hubert : I did not founded hot key for changing national color on/off, and finally, it would be nice to have one : so, we would be able to swith very easy between simply basic grid and national colors (one unic letter, please : not something like "control + L". And work fast ! It is a strategic priority order ! :D

I suggest we ask the USA government to decide that Hubert will be not authorized to make a break, and to decide to mobilize him in " 1st Batallion of strategic cyber infantry" (I am the chief ot this unit). :D:D

[ April 13, 2006, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: fantomas ]

Files of mod actualized 13/04/2006 - 15h00 France - Version 3.4

New "on map units informations system" : circles on map are replaces by little icons and did no longer give troubles with isométric view.

Isometric counters inclinated at 0% are now the default (those who prefer isometric counters inclinated at 20% or old counters 2D will found them in the directory "alternate_counters" (do not gorget to rename before using in game)