POLL: Vote here Please (about areas we feel must improve in SC2 compared to SC)

I am starting a topic finding out how important certain improvements (compared to SC) are for us players in SC2.

Vote in a scale 1-10 (1= not important at all, 10=extremely important)

a) Improved Look and feel (graphics, sound, UI)

B) Improved game balance

c) Improved/new features in the game engine

d) Competition features (pre-game viewing, online spectators, replays, time limit system, scoring systems, ...)

[ April 16, 2004, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Hmmm... looking at the list and subsequent responses it's a good thing I focused on all 4 areas ;)

Keep in mind yesterday's announcement is just an early stage of what's in store... eye-candy aside there have been many refinements/improvements to not only game play, balance, and options, but YES.... I have even considered competitive features ;) There are no full details just yet, but I can say that a time limit for TCP/IP turns is planned. I fully agree that this is a feature that is sorely needed, if not for all games, but at least as an option.

In general the design process was not just limited to adding in popular requests, a lot of thought was put in to stay true to the *Keep It Simple* philosophy with each new addition. SC2 is really a huge step forward from SC1, a new game engine, new looks, and combined with many new editing options it should allow for many different styles of game play, be it a fast game with limited options or a more detailed one with most options selected. I've seriously tried to maintain the middle ground in the design, much like how the original SC was an attempt to balance playablity with historical accuracy, and in the end, hopefully the result will speak for itself smile.gif .

Originally posted by fischkopf:

Now please quit distracting the man. He's proven, with a single title, to be a game designer of the finest quality. Now let him design his next masterpiece.

Hey Dumkopf, stop licking his butt. Firstly, learn to play SC (I'll see u up there on the top-10 rankings) before you start rebuking creative SC players. There is no one forcing you to read this topic. Goodbye.

"fish-dummy" (fischkopf) ---Dude, Hubert is a big boy, he's not going to go cry if somebody suggest/polls for ideas. It's called creation, that's why BF is a small independent company. Engineers deal with discussions allday in design. Sales people deal with rejection allday looking for the one sale. And Fish, have a hook in their mouth.

Sucker ..............................