[Rambo Invitational Tourney] Jesus vs Colin....winner will face Hellraiser for Crown

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAR nº 7: DAK_21PzDivision (axis) Vs TaoJah (allies)

We are in September 1945 (more or less), 168 turns have been complete.

A complete year since the last report and lot of things has happened.

A German winter offensive took a great succes for german forces which took Leningrad! Then they prepared to resist the CA from reds (never happend that CA) with 3 armoured tanks (level 4) and some other units.

On the other hand, in late spring, after a great air offensive, two complete west allied armies landed next to LC and took Brussels, and in the following three turns moved to the west and liberate Paris (in the following 3-4 turns they also liberate Brest), destroying all the german units in the area (5-6) but not the HQ which moved to Marseille with other units trying to stop the advance over the south and west of France.

This was the worst time for Germany, German Commander was under big pressure... Stalin was trying to liberate Romania and his forces even liberate the oil camp despite the hard bombing of the luftwaffe over its units (2 - 3 units destroyed each turn with the air units)...

"What could i do...?" I was at my job thinking and thinking in the game... ;)

Finally we tried a desperate strategy... we took my lovely planes and Manstein HQ to the west... we looked that 3 allied planes and two bombers was in France... if i didn't stop that i will loose the game in a short period of time. I also see that i could hit some of this air units with corps from the France city at the southwest (i dont' remember its name...) and landing paratroops jumping from my lines... I also notice that my planes was better not in technology (mines level 3, his level 4) but yes in experience and HQ, so i prepared the CA to be started at the begginins of summer...

And we were luck!!! with the help of corps and paratroops we could destroy 2 of 3 airplanes and severe damage others in Britain! At the same time, some german forces started to move over Brussels from Essen and Cologne, meanwhile the italian marine destroy brest port and my bomber did the same with brussels port, isolating allied forces.

I was very excited because it seemed that the west allied air units couldn't damage my planes hard enough, so i continued with the pressure, both in the air and land...

On the other hand, (a surprised for me), the russian army stropped its offensive in all the east front (it's also true that it was really weak at the south due my previous bombing...) so i was happy to not having to spend mpp in that area...

Then, week after week, the German and Luftwaffe were destroying a lot of allied units (which include some new air units and 3 HQ) and this turn we "liberate" paris (brussels some time ago)!!! A complete succes that i never could think some time ago!!!

It is also a nice new that italian forces has conquered Egypt and liberate Syria. It's very important that german subs and the italian marine is isolating UK from the rest of the world from one year ago.

In the last e-mail that Taohaj sent me, he explained me that he was trying to hold Paris at all cost because a rule that said this: "

I thought that the game would be over when I would have Paris, Moscow, London and Washington at the end of August 1945. Turns out that that option wasn't turned on in the beginning of the game, only the option for 1947.
". I don't remember that rule :eek: so if he had win i would be very surprise but i was very lucky because the rule was off in the standard game!!! tongue.gif

What a great game!

<grumbles>

I thought the game would end in August 45 if I had Moscow and Paris... It seems that I got to have those cities in 1947 and not 1945 ?!?

If I knew that, I would have played totally differently with the Allied. I even sacrificed alot of my planes, most of my UK troops and all US troops to hold on to Paris until august 45, grrrr.

This game (and my other simular Allied game) is gonne be hard !

Round #1 update:

Rambo vs Sy -----> Rambo

Normal Dude vs SeaMonkey

Preusse vs Hellraiser -----> Hellraiser

Canuck_TAR vs Lars --------> Lars

Colin vs arado234

K Man vs Konigs----------> The "K" man

Agamemnon vs Baron -----> Baron

TaoJah vs Jesus

List updated!!

• 2 weeks later...

AAR nº 8: DAK_21PzDivision (axis) Vs TaoJah (allies)

We are in September 1946 (more or less), 207 turns have been complete.

A complete year since the last report and lot of things has happened again.

Axis major victory!

After the "big break" in the west during the battle for Paris, Axis commander took notice that the west allies were defenceless, so we started to plan a late Sealion with massive supporting from Luftwaffe and marine (italian + german).

After some rounds hitting allied airplanes in England we decide to launch the assault in early spring 46. Then, as the british only had some light corps the powerful german armies landed in britain could took the island (with the big help of Luftwaffe). British surrendered as Egipt was under italian control.

Allied fortified Irelan and took there a lot of planes and some ground forces. That forces were distubing german units in Britain but italian and german marine prevented any CA over Britain.

After that unexpected succesfull hit, the game was almost wan for German. Luftwaffe were repared and operated to the east, with all the armoured units. Week after week, red cities were fallen, Moscow, Arcangel, Gorky, Kurst, Rostov and Stalingrad.

Red army only could delay german advance and reconquering Iraq to italians.

BTW, in the final stages of the war, Turkey joined Axis.

I know that i had been very lucky, but i also know that i have fight hard. Im very happy of this victory. But if Tahoaj were the winner it won't be strange. He played very very well, but the battle for Paris was a big problem for west allied.

Here the final map:

taovictoryod4.jpg

Hellraiser (Axis) vs Lars (Allies) started a while ago - going a bit slowly because we decided to PBEM it. So it is on average 2 turns per day.

It's June 41 -> Axis went the aggro route, i.e. Vichy, Spain, Tunisia, Algeria, captured Alexandria and are reorganizing their troops for the final assault on Cairo. Iraq joined Axis some turns ago. Brest (which previously was left alone due to Axis having other priorities) was captured last turn. Some naval battles occured near Alexandria-Suez -> axis lost a it. cruiser and the Bismark, Allies lost - I don't remember, Lars will tell you. Everything went pretty standard for Axis, aside for the egyptian campaign which started very late and Malta really did a huge mess to the supply, its effect kicking every turn like a bomber was parked there not a freaking corps. UK even managed to kill off a german army in supply <5 ;) In return they lost a tank, army and corps.

I will have to take a short break because on Wednesday I leave for Germany. Game to be resumed most probably on Monday.

[ April 17, 2007, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: hellraiser ]

No prob.

You took down two BB's in the Med. A fair exchange for the Bismarck and other Italian stuff I dinged up.

So far the game has been the standard Allies tactic of delay, delay, delay. Did manage to shut off the Swedish convoys with diplo, but it's probably a wash with the loot from Spain, Vichy, and Tunisia.

At this point, we're both just waiting for the balloon to go up over Russia. Readiness for USSR and US are right up there.

Well Colin, looks like your my next opponent. Congrats on moving on. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. I've played arado and he is a good player. Do you have a preference on sides? (If not, my preference is allies.) Look forward to the next battle...

Round #1 update:

Rambo vs Sy -----> Rambo

Normal Dude vs SeaMonkey

Colin vs arado234 ------> Colin

K Man vs Konigs --------> K Man

TaoJah vs Jesus --------> Jesus

AAR nº 1: DAK_21PzDivision (axis) Vs Baron(allies)

We are in September 1945 (more or less), 29 turns have been complete.

For the time being, the game is being less risky than my game againts Taojah.

France surrendered at the ends of July with no casualties for German army. Allied armies are hidden anywhere, i don't know where...

No action in Afrika, no action anywhere except in France but only with frenchies and some air combats with british air carrier and RAF.

At this time some german forces tries to take the las city owned by british (Chebourg), protected by RN and RAF.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Round #1 update:

Rambo vs Sy -----> Rambo

Normal Dude vs SeaMonkey

Colin vs arado234 ------> Colin

K Man vs Konigs --------> K Man

TaoJah vs Jesus --------> Jesus

Hellraiser wins, and I ain't saying a word. ;)

Look out Rambo, he's coming for ya!

I am FAR too busy with more pressing matters at the moment, such as college finals in Organic chemistry, calculus, and calculus physics, and uh... other stuff... so I am conceding the game to SeaMonkey. I don't want to hold up the tourney any longer.

Seamonkey advances to the next round.