[Rambo Invitational Tourney] Jesus vs Colin....winner will face Hellraiser for Crown

Okay, I'm already got my Camp Rambo Fisticuff league...in the middle of my "Give War a Chance Tour", but I'm interested in a tournament. A tournament where heroes & heartbreak are born. Do you have game? Are you interested? Or are you a loser playing wargames on your Mom's computer afraid to post?

Suggestions for the name of the tournament:

Heroes & Heartbreak Tournament

Von Herr Rambo's Winter Invitational

Bunta Buster Barrage Banquet

World Cup of SC2

Anybody game?

Anybody got a tourney name?

Suggestions?

I'm game,

-Legend >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

[ June 29, 2007, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, thanks for the responses. Seems we have some things to organize. Not sure when the next patch starts.

Based on how many people would like to play, will determine things, I guess? Small tourney, say 8 players, we can have a standard bracket tourney with a draw.

Far as picking sides, we can use a bidding system smile.gif

Far as scenario, we can use one for the entire tourney, or let player decide in their own match-ups. Personally, I'm game for whatever...just time pending.

Please continue to post ideas & requests.

I guess I'll join as well...

For picking sides...hmmm...tricky stuff here...any bidding can seriously impact the game balance as it is now...really the game is pretty balanced right now. Perhaps we should have a game master or something to pick sides for players ... or some coin flipping software smile.gif

Okay guys. Please start posting your preferences & stats.

Captain Jon J. Rambo

jon_j_rambo@yahoo.com

ICQ #234-993-018

Can play TCP on weekends. For tournament TCP, I need to schedule appointment. I live in Pacific Coast Time zone, and do limited TCP/IP during the week (evenings). PBEM works just as well too, average couple turns a day.

Far as "what we play", looks like we're going to get roughly 8-12 players? I recommend a very simple bracket format, single elimination to get the ball rolling. In the past tournaments have almost gotten too big, thus taking forever to complete. Lets make it KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid.

I vote for a 1-game match, all or nothing, with the standard '39 classic scenario. If the players both want the same side, they need to bid. If the players want change things for their own individual match, custom, whatever, that is between them. BUT, the default will be the classic set-up, with bid to determine who gets what side if their is no agreement.

Is that clear as mud? Keep the suggestions coming, cast your vote, etc.

Far as the bracket, we could try to do it by seeds...but, I don't know the skill levels of everybody. Random works too. Or if the crowd would like to make some rivals battle in the early rounds, that's cool too.

It's all about having some fun, enjoy the WW-2 history gaming, smack, etc.

Back to work for now >>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

What's the "window of opportunity"....ie time schedule? Are we waiting for 1.06?

Is 1.06 compatible with 1.05a.....Hubert?

Rumors abound that some very interesting custom scenarios are in the works. IE. I like your suggestion ND.

v1.06 won't be out for at least a few weeks... just polishing it off now and making sure it stands up to some further testing.

Hubert