[Poll] : Nominate & Vote for your favorite German

Alright guys, time to vote for your favorite Germans. Mine are:

1) Martin Luther --- Dude meant business with his beliefs.

2) Nina --- 99 Luftballons

3) Dirk Nowitiski --- He can't play any defense, but the Dallas Mavs are more exciting to play due to his run & gun shooting.

4) Schindler's List --- WW-2 Fritz buried in Israel, a total Legend.

5) Berhard Langer --- Great golf game, made a run at the Master's a couple of years ago at age 50 or something. Must be related to DragonSlow, because he gets penalized all the time for slowplay.

JS Bach, of course.

If we're counting Austrians as Germans, then Beethoven, Mahler, Schubert, Brahms, Bruckner and Johann Strauss with his ditzy watzes.

Einstein

Franz Joseph Haydn

Brahms

Mozart

Robert Schumann

Richard Wagner

Thomas Mann

Goethe

Werner von Braun

Werner Heisenberg, especially if he actually did hold back the German Atomic Bomb program.

Arminius (16 BC-AD 21), in Germany aka Hermann der Cherusker, for his defeat of the Romans.

Karl Marx

And the nameless thousands who could have become nazis but worked against them instead, most of the resistence members losing their lives in the process.

Found this quote by Rambo over at panzerliga;

"Yo, the USA doesn't have any players, it is very strange! There are 300,000,000 people in the USA, is there even anybody playing here except Liam & myself? Even during the original release of SC, the USA players were old men & kids......no Legends like myself. The German dudes like to kick ass, part of the culture I bet. Germany also has 2nd largest economy in the world after the USA, amazing! Germany had population of 100,000,000 at the start of WW-2, another amazing statistic to me. Germany kicks ass, you guys are serious ass kickers, damn near took over the planet. Now, if there was a competition, Germany would win, plus you have Yoda Terif."

Dammit you gone full out german worshipper? Damn your more bunta-lover than JerseyJohn.

Hey I'm as good as Rambo<as Axis anyways> tongue.gif

And I'm half Americano

Best German, Erwin Rommel........He holds the spirit of the German General during World War II. He was neither political affiliated either way but to what he was forced to do to make Rank. He didn't allow SS men into N.Africa and he was overall likely the best German General at least by reputation in the 20th century. Think of taking that lousy group of nothing and nearly conquoring all of North Africa from very hard and determined Limeys. That wasn't an easy feat. He was clever to flood the marshes in Normandy and had he been present and fully in control who knows how long the war would've been protracted, until 1946? Whoa, good thing he was no more early on.. An A-Bomb could've hit Germany!!! Thank Hitler for one thing ;) he was so homicidal/suicidal he ended before the big one hit Europe tongue.gif

Adding...

Handel --- Dude wrote in a month, the Messiah

Max --- anti-Nazi boxer

Braun --- thanks for the electric razor.

Hinderburg --- nice ballons.

Guttenberg --- nice printer, was he a bunta?

Also, I want to recognize any dude with the name of Helmut, Wolfgang, or Fritz.

My favorite Germans (Austrians and Swiss included), no particular order

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Ludwig van Beethoven

Carl Friedrich Gauss

Leonhard Euler

Karl R. Popper

Ludwig Wittgenstein

and my favorite Americans (Canada included)

Hubert Cater smile.gif

Donald E. Knuth

Robert J. Fischer

JerseyJohn

Condoleezza Rice

Rambo :rolleyes:

Boris Becker,

Best tennis player I ever saw

(... haven't watched a jot of it

since he retired - why settle for

all them... mediocre rest?)

This guy was like a young jungle cat

Almost stilled

For the fierce finishing pounce:

bb.jpg

And,

Max Wertheimer,

Founder of "Gestalt Psychology"

(... our perceptions are naturally

and necessarily DIFFERENT from

the SENSATIONS that comprise them)

Wertheimer.jpg

Ottosmops Popper was hip to that failed super Ego trip, ah, that quasi religion known as Science, as well. :cool:

Ottosmops,

As one of the Americans mentioned I'd like to say appreciated. One of the others on there, Robert J. Fischer, was one of my childhood idols. I grew up in Brooklyn when he was a 14 year old winning the U. S. Championship (the real one, not the Jr version) wearing sneakers, dungarees and a T-shirt. :D Happily I was able to meet him a few times back in the mid-sixties. That was in his tailor made suit days, before he became noticiably eccentric and defeated Spassky (the first time).

LOL, interesting votes. Germans? Heh, a very strong group. Remeber, English has a lot of German in it, heavily influenced by Saxons. Throw on some Norman and native Briton

Norwegian and Dutch has a lot of German in it so does Austrian, Swiss<in places> and Luxembourg... That is a large region... Historically next to Russia one of the largest ManPower pools of Europe I suppose why so many brilliant people would come from there. It is in the end just a place ;) with lots of People, now nolonger what it was however how many Americans have Germanic Ancestory(I)

OH and I borrowed Boris Becker's Serve ;) Even though thank the French or else noone would've kept the Germans in Check over the past 2 centuries, we do owe them that...

It figures Puniworth loves Karl Marx. Although Kuni "tries to be cool", deep down inside, he's a Commie...who'd love to take my right to Faith, Gun, Land, Money, Property, Work Ethic, Flag, SC purchased copy (I'm sure his was copied), and anything else to hand over to the mass.