Done with SC2 already

Very interesting choice, a lot of players ask me why I quit in '43, and a lot of players I know quit then too or earlier or shortly after. Because there is no other victory besides a total and it cannot be achieved within a reasonable timeframe or at all after a certian point. However if say Axis achieved a Minor Victory, holding Most of Europe by late '44 or early '45...perhaps call it a negotiated Stalemate. Likewise for the Allies if they do not lose a Major by this point, same... that way the incentive is stronger for a player to make an aggressive Push, perhaps even upping that time a year...

instead of a player Camping on his Economic advantage, the diplomatic aspect is forgotton. The Allies had to kill of Western Europe, they had to liberate it for Democracy or the Reds would've overrun it all. Likewise the Reds had to overrun Eastern Europe in time, so that the Germans weren't turned into a Puppet Allied Regime.. Either is likely and a good Historian would tell you

Either way I'd leave it to the pros to decide on what would be a partial victory.. Moscow fallen, in 1945 Paris still Axis in my opinion definitely would mean a very very potential partial axis victory

Originally posted by Blashy:

Not only a good thing, but much more historical.

Very fun is also a BIG plus. The fact that I'm enjoying my AI games to the end is a good indication of this.

Timskorn, how about me and you do a PBEM with my mod?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Cap:

I think the reason I don't like Sc2 is because of dick heads like Rambo. I can't beleive any of you guys take this moron seriously!

this is a community of players, ever go play tennis and there are 50 guys that regularly frequent the courts and 1 or 2 will say things that annoy you or will be even verbally abusive to themselves mostly, would you stop playing or doing something you love? Because of that???

Well, bye then, aurevoir, synora

we do not need panzies, we need PanzerMen to be in a community like this. I regularly put several players in line and though Rambo may say things many disagree with at least HE FINISHES HIS GAMES, and is accountable for HIS GAMES. Many of you play, disappear when you lose, do not report your losses, act like babies when you're not winning, or whine on the bulletin boards. What one player says does not reflect the Majority nor the Moderators, Owners, or Each individual. Just like when you play Schindler's List and Fienne's Character believes that shooting down Jews is interesting Recreational Sport, it's not neccessarily what Spielberg thinks is it? Or the Creators of the Film? Or even Oscar for that matter?

You going to not watch the movie because that character? ROFL

Closeminded ninnies bother me more than diehard Nazis, the Nazi will tell you to your face he loathes you and wants to conquor you, then you can fight it out for Victory. Though the closeminded Ninnie, will go Whine, "Oh I do not wanna fight, I just can't take it, I'm a whittle baby..ewwww waaaa, MA MA!" ROFL tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

BTW: Moderators, why not close this stupid friggin' topic!

If people don't like SC, there are alternatives, since this is a Community of SC fans, I believe non-fans can let out their grief on the Hearts of Iron Boards or go play Gary Grigsby's Lovely non-PBEM game tongue.gif

Originally posted by Liam:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cap:

I think the reason I don't like Sc2 is because of dick heads like Rambo. I can't beleive any of you guys take this moron seriously!

this is a community of players, ever go play tennis and there are 50 guys that regularly frequent the courts and 1 or 2 will say things that annoy you or will be even verbally abusive to themselves mostly, would you stop playing or doing something you love? Because of that???

Well, bye then, aurevoir, synora

we do not need panzies, we need PanzerMen to be in a community like this. I regularly put several players in line and though Rambo may say things many disagree with at least HE FINISHES HIS GAMES, and is accountable for HIS GAMES. Many of you play, disappear when you lose, do not report your losses, act like babies when you're not winning, or whine on the bulletin boards. What one player says does not reflect the Majority nor the Moderators, Owners, or Each individual. Just like when you play Schindler's List and Fienne's Character believes that shooting down Jews is interesting Recreational Sport, it's not neccessarily what Spielberg thinks is it? Or the Creators of the Film? Or even Oscar for that matter?

You going to not watch the movie because that character? ROFL

Closeminded ninnies bother me more than diehard Nazis, the Nazi will tell you to your face he loathes you and wants to conquor you, then you can fight it out for Victory. Though the closeminded Ninnie, will go Whine, "Oh I do not wanna fight, I just can't take it, I'm a whittle baby..ewwww waaaa, MA MA!" ROFL tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif </font>

Liam

Are some sort of left wing wanker? You obvouisly are a Commie! which are no better than Nazis.

You and comrade Rambo speak the same mindless crap that turns meaninfull posts into utter BS!!

@Crap --- Cap, sport, who watered your pot & spung you to life? Because you're a Wallflower, lol. Nine posts in 4 years, and one of your posts you don't even say anything, just double quote an Icon. Pal, come to think of it, you're not a Wallflower, rather a weed, that needs pulled out of this glorious garden.

Make a move,

-Legend

Do you even own Strategic Command 2?

Originally posted by Cap:

Liam

Are some sort of left wing wanker? You obvouisly are a Commie! which are no better than Nazis.

You and comrade Rambo speak the same mindless crap that turns meaninfull posts into utter BS!!

Since we're all goin' a little cuckoo clock

Here,

I gotta finish my own tick-tock

With this...

mpaac:

I'ma shoot

I'ma smoke

I'ma walk up on yo ass and bust yo ass in the eye

I'ma roll this blunt up

I'ma I'ma

I'ma ride 2 da end (end)

Ball till I fall (fall)

I'm on the hunt for tha paper

Gimme s'more

I gotta get mine (hey)

All about the currency (yea

LOL,

Well,

You ain't quite got the drift,

That there great Galactic SHIFT

In warped apperception

Which occurred

A VERY short while it was,

Mid to late 60's or thereabouts.

You know,

Reading all about it in Time or Newsweek

Ain't near the same thang.

**[... fair warning, enny ain't cotton

to 60's tales told by admitted Idiot,

stop! right here,

thatta way, no back-handed complaints

later, eh? ;) ]

For one instance,

I used to go to these mad hatter happenings

Up in Laurel Canyon,

Back then I wuz auditionin'

For B-movie parts (... lost one real rasty role

in a biker movie to ol' D Hopper, that

fast-action, show stopper)

And I kinda accidentally got to know

Frank Zappa.

Yep,

Once the meet was over and done,

He'd call me up on the rotary phone

As we had back then, oh,

Down in Venice where I lived,

If you want to call it that, LOL, in a 3 room

Shack that set me back, oh,

'Bout 90 smacks per month,

Utils incl, what a sweet deal!

And anyway,

He'd juke around a bit and then

Drawl it on out:

"AD? Gonna get down tonight,

here at the ranch,

can you make the scene, Man?"

I'd ponder, respond:

"What's the ratio - gone be?"

He'd pause, thinking 'er over and say:

"60-30-10, but, AD, it's that 10 I got problems with, as you sure enuff know, dig it?"

I knew.

I could dig.

Well, "AD"

Was short hand for "Army Dude," see

I had wandered into one of his blow-outs

A lusty lively summer night

In Levi cut-offs and unlaced jungle boots

Carrying my usual long-neck

Bottle a' Bud,

And sure,

Wouldn't you know, some

Ruined through & through fruit-loop dudes

Had been botherin' and

Pesterin' the "hippie" chicks,

You know? :rolleyes:

[... I puts hippie in quotes cuz ONLY

the Dumbell Media used that term, NOBODY

I knew EVER did, LOL! smile.gif ]

Had Zodiac rings on 3 or 4 fingers,

And come-hither bo-jangle bells

On they bare-foot toes?

Long, ironed-straight hair w/shower of flowers

Like honey-suckle & clover woven

In purest innocent faith, in there?

And anyway,

Zappa was pretty "straight" in many ways

But... 'e had this inside light gleaming,

And, a'times - screaming out,

Like some Magic Lantern

Deep down in 'is gut, always weird aglow,

[... as an aside, my old lady from

High School days back in Desert City,

Well now, she played in this all-girl

Rip rock band, even, ironically,

Went on tour with ol' Frankie Z,

Up to Alaska,

Where she did a tiny Mickey tab

And damn near slid off the edge

Of an ice-cliff, well, I had TOLD him

Before they hit the road,

"Look here Z machine, don't be messin' with

my special girl, see?"

And he'd looked me in the eye longest while,

And finally flat out stated:

"Ain't no come-on, in me; she floats & flits

on the Boone's Farm, well, then we just gotta

play it as it lays, wait and see."

I stared back and then shrugged,

I knew the way of it,

How the "free-love apples"

Fell easy off the tree]

Far out, at's how it had to be. ;)

So,

As our Story goes,

That particular eve,

I got just disgusted enough, these

High hard & wasted kind of Cats

Harassin' and hasslin'

Them dream-away lovelies,

And I'd run a couple right on out,

Told 'em to get their kicks down on Sunset,

With all the rest of them sold

'Ere mean-old-soul, psychotic

Sorts a' hang-around 'causin

Nuthin' but cap-T trouble,

Freaks.

Ever since that occasion,

He'd ever now & then ring me and giv

That - "hey AD we could use you" sort of

Grok-talking, fire-lighted

Lantern kinda jive.

IF

He had plenty those Flower Childs

Gone be listenin' to Sitar, there,

I'd - maybe, stir it up and go.

O/W, just

Wander the beach, oh, didn't matter,

Balboa, Venice, Manhattan, Hermosa,

All the same to me, see, I had that

Long-neck to keep cool company.

Long story shortened... you had

To a' been there, man,

No use grindin' & groanin' over what you

Didn't see or didn't get,

How you missed out

On that big bad Moon

A'risin' over right raucous

Laurel Canyon sorts of places

All over!

Captain America, ah, well,

It's how folks can be these days - revisin'

The hell out of what it WAS, man.

Without the slimmest dimmest clue

As to who was a Head,

Who a' actin' aces Cat,

And who a get down, stand up

Kind of... Dude,

Like in the picture show, see

What I mean? :cool:

[ July 09, 2006, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Desert Dave ]

@Cap: Rambo can make a lot of fuss and have some special ideas but like Liam said, he finishes his games, plays fast and is a strong opponent who likes to teach others how to play, thats what matters. You just dont seem quite smart, i suspect your a 10year old boy who likes to use dads account to spend time writing crap (crap indeed if u think of rambo as a commie, gfl a commie haha)

Originally posted by Qyusson:

@Cap: Rambo can make a lot of fuss and have some special ideas but like Liam said, he finishes his games, plays fast and is a strong opponent who likes to teach others how to play, thats what matters. You just dont seem quite smart, i suspect your a 10year old boy who likes to use dads account to spend time writing crap (crap indeed if u think of rambo as a commie, gfl a commie haha)

The whole point of this post was to examine game issues that "Yohan" brought up, Not how wonderfull Rambo is!

I have no doubt that Rambo knows the rules well, knows all the tricks and plays SC2 likes its some playstation console, But this is not a strategic level game that requires careful thought and planning. Having said that, I have enjoyed the game in the sense that it is fun if not taken too seroiusly and hell, you can even fire off turns when you've had 1 too many pints!

Communism was the scourge of the 20th century! I don't see the "Legend" taking a piece of that action.

[ July 09, 2006, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Cap ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Na-Na-Na-Na-Nah, Hey, Hey, Goodbye smile.gif

Yo, Hans Boobie, CU. You always were a skirt. Fame & Fortune wasn't meant to be for you. Hit the bricks kid.

"Well, the world needs ditch diggers too" --- Judge in the classic comedy, Caddyshack.

To quote your favorite US general "Rambutt". "Spank me" or I think that was what he said as his batman took the riding crop to him.

[ July 09, 2006, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Yohan ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Too many skirts came out of the closet with SC2. Where are all the competitive smack talkers?

Umm, is the same fellow who has been whining the US gets no respect? Not enough troops? Glad you are not the skirt in charge of the USA.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Yogi:

I see no reason we can't have both a great editor and a great game "out of the box".

Agreed, but I don't see why people are so closed minded they won't even think of trying some improved campaigns or like Dice they think it is impossible for the game to be improved via this way.

Then again Dice likes nothing about the game so I have no clue what he is still doing here.

I look forward to futur patches but since I have some tools at my disposal to actually improve gameplay SIGNIFICANTLY and feels more historical (and have the time) I went ahead and did it, has anyone here complaining tried it? I doubt it considering it has less than 30 downloads which is probably 10-12 actual players. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

I don't think that was quite Dice's point, Blashy.

He's just saying you can't make it something it was never meant to be.

He's not made one good comment about the game, I think his point is quite clear, he does not like it.

Try my mod, you'll be surprised at how it is possible to increase this games historical accuracy quite significantly. </font>

Originally posted by dicedtomato:

Where do I start, Desert Dave? There are so many places where SC2 fails as an historical simulation. Here are a few:

* An abstract naval system where fleets gallop around like panzer divisions.

* A random tech system where you can go from WWI-era tankettes to medium battle tanks in a few months - or be stuck with 1939 tech in 1943.

* A strategic movement system where units zip Spain to Moscow in a week.

* A peculiar economic system where diplomacy and troops use the same currency (MMPs), so France buys chits instead of troops.

* A logistics system that allows the Axis to romp across the Middle East, Scandinavia and Russia - all within a couple of months.

* Diplomatic chits that turn diplomacy into a guessing game (Sweden goes pro-Axis by 40 percent, and you didn't have a clue the Axis were pressuring it. Surprise!).

* A morale feature that demoralizes or elates the Red Army because Tunisia has fallen.

* Ridiculously overblown air and naval bombardment.

* Generic force pools with little differentiation (which is why the Italian fleet can fight the Royal Navy on equal terms).

Many of these flaws are intrinsic to the game. Giving the U.S. a couple of extra armies, or toning down air bombardment, will help a little. But the game is basically strategic Panzer General and its "let's all pile on the bunny" tactics of swarming a target until it's destroyed. That's not going to change (maybe with SC3, but I doubt it). Adding realism band-aids will just complicate the game without tackling the underlying weaknesses. Better just to have fun and get our realism fix with another game.

Diced Tomato

Very well said

Iron Ranger.

In my mod you can "win" as Axis, meaning an Axis victory is holding Berlin and Rome by Aug 31 1945.

Believe it or not, it is actually more FUN to play it and yet it is also more historical (the Axis just could not have "conquered all").

It is especially more fun in HvH games. Why? Because the Axis player does not say "I concede" the second he see's all is lost, there is incentive to fight to the end because that is when you "win" by surviving and achieving an armistice.

Even in my AI games, ALL of them I've gone to the end by date or until both Berlin and Rome were taken before the end date.

DT, One of their very serious plans was actually massing in Africa and go through Middle East onto the Caucausus, obviously they chose another plan.

But I do agree that taking Egypt is too easy in the default campaign, it is much better in what I've done but Minor units need to be able to have tech, when/IF that happens I think it will be just about right with what I have.

In my Mod...Braak Braak

no need to go on