I am dispointed with the game!

Agamemnon! ...i can symphatize with you in your painful dillema!. I know how miserable it can be to learn a new type of gameplaying!.

Please give yourself a chance!, the game really is not that difficult or mind-bending or frustrating to play...it just takes...presenting your specific game situation's to us here in the forum.

We will then be glad to give you the benefit of our personal experiences with this game,...and ultimately, help to guide you through this dark forest of uncertainty!.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agamemnon

Some of what you describe as "bugs" looks like there might actually be a reason caused by situation of units involved. (such as supply or movement points available) As covered in another thread, they may have to tweak some of these "rules", and a patch may help. But again a bug and game "rule" are two different situations.

You can only rebuild units if supply is bigger then 5.

So let me get this straight, if a unit doesn't have supply of 5 or better it's gone forever. Never to be rebuilt.

Regarding your HQ let me guess its on a amphib transport unfortunately its supply and readiness is around zero, perphaps bad weather and now its doing the flying dutchman? Happened to me once I learned the my lesson to send attack vessels instead of transports.
Unfortunately none of those conditions were true. It had supply. it had movement points. I just could not move it. It was on the Atlantic arrow, just got there from the med. No other units were near it. It just couldn't be move.

Maybe if you knew how to play the game, it wouldn't seem so buggy!
So that is how the game is played? You send a unit to the Atlantic though the arrow in the red sea, and it is suppose to go back and forth forever with no way to move it off the arrows. Now that I understand that the game is surely not worth playing.

Hello Agamemnon!:

I know that when supply is restored...the ability to replenish units with supply/replacements/tech advances can be done!.

However if a unit is destroyed when having less than a supply of 5 is something i have no answer for yet!.

To get a supply >5 one need's to move your HQ closer to a City or to your home countries border,...or capture an enemy city so as then to have a fresh supply source!.

From what i have come to understand...is that if you embark troop's onto Transport's or Amphibious Landing Craft...you should plan accordingly so as to minimize the amount of time that they are embarked on those craft,...as it may indeed be detrimental for moral purpose's or for an HQ to provide supply as it was intended too!. [i have never kept troops embarked for any longer than necessary...so i have not had the chance to experience negative result's in this regard]

OK!...so now im reading that your Troop-Transport-Vehicle got stuck on an Atlantic Arrow???,...that should'nt be happening!...i would say that...that may very well be a BUG in this game!.

Anytime you encounter a 'SERIOUS BUG',...please post a New TOPIC indicating something like 'Game Bug'...then a brief heading for the pertinent bug topic!. I also have never used those arrows to move from region to region!...so someone else who has had direct experience with this matter will be better able to assist you!.

I have used the arrows to move ships from the Med to the Atlantic in many games and I have never had a problem with them getting 'stuck' However I have never tried moving troops that way and it very well maybe a bug. If you have a saved game I am sure they will want to see it, this game is VERY well supported and they will look at your save game if you have it and if you start a new post with bug in the title I am sure you will get a response from.

Agamemnon, sorry to hear about the trouble and as mentioned here if you think you are seeing something here as a bug please don't hesitate to report it to the Tech forum and/or send me a saved turn where I can repeat the issue. This is the best way for me to let you know exactly what might be happening and of course whether or not it is a game feature or indeed a bug.

To clarify, for re-building units at a lower cost and percentage the unit must have a supply >= 5.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I should add that Bill has taken the supply documentation feedback to heart and has come up with a much more detailed supply tutorial that will be available with the first patch.

Patch is just around the corner, there are a few introduced errors I need to iron out, but it should help resolve almost all bugs reported so far as well as address many game play/balance issues and quite a few AI bugs as well.

Just letting you know so you don't fear that feedback has been falling on deaf ears smile.gif

Guest Mike
Originally posted by Blashy:

I unit has to have a supply of ZERO to be destroyed permanently.

If it has a supply of 1, you may rebuild it at the lower cost.

Don't you mean if it has supply 1-4 when it is destroyed it can be rebuilt for the normal cost, and if it has supply 5 or more it can be rebuilt for the reduced cost?

Of course the BEF was arguably destroyed while out of supply on the Dunkirk coast........from which you can't evacuate it in SC2 anyway.........

Thanks guys for helping my PBEM bud (Agamemnon) out.

He's a veteran SC player and a good one at that, he just gets frustrated from time to time.

No wonder, I've led him down the primrose path of GGWaW and some of my SC1 custom scenarios, which he adopts to very quickly and always provides me good opponent.

A great SC veteran, just a little confused at the moment. Hey, we've all been there.

Come on Ag...we'll get this thing figured out.