Lars vs Stalin's Organ AAR

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike

Jeez - 9 poinyts of level 2 sub sunk by 2 cruisers without inflicting a single hit in return - you been spending some MPP's on ASW Lars??!!

German armoured groups and HQ land between hte Suez Canal and Alexandria, wiping out the Desert Air Force. The Italian navy pounds Alex and British troop positions.

In the USSR German recce spots some big nasty looking Russian tanks.....

Nope, ain't spent a dime on ASW. You just got unlucky.

But you did get lucky when that dang AF sunk my BB in London port, so we're even now!

As noted, two Tanks and a HQ land in Alexandria's rear area. The Leeb HQ gets hammered down to 2. He'll die in the sand. Alone.

And on the Russian front, since Mohammed won't go to the mountain, the mountain starts to come to him.

US gets Intel 2, Industrial 3.

Guest Mike

No he won't! smile.gif

Leeb gets reinforced, Regia Marina passes through the Suez & attacks the Carrier - which gives better han it takes unfortunately.

7th armoured is hammered down to 1 pt.

Russians start moving towards the Balkan minors, a tank group gets straffed by the LW & Romanian airforce.....

And I knew that BB was in port, and that it only had a couple of points left, so luck had nothing to do with it!! tongue.gif

Leeb gets hammered again down to 1. RN CV hits sub and escapes. 7th Armored reinforced to 9, unlike the two cutoff Axis Tanks at 6 and 7. No city, no port, no supplies, no hope. Guess Leeb won't be all alone when he dies...

Russians slog forward on their southern front through the mud, meet up with the Romanians sitting in their mountains, praying for help, cuz there's a LOT of p.o.'d rooskis coming their way.

US gets Heavy Tanks 2.

Guest Mike

Um..Lars...you seem to forget that Leeb himself is a source of supply - you don't kill him and the tanks are just fine thank you smile.gif

with the Carrier gone the Italian navy is going to remove Cairo as a source of supply for yuo in a turn or 2...so yuo won't be any better off than me smile.gif

and the Russians met the Romanians LAST turn.....but were too scared to attack (yawwn....)

I find it curious that people are loosing as Axis when everyone is stating Axis is too powerfull. I do tend to agree that if you play the Axis properly you should have no problem winning.

But the Axis advantage is thin and one error can tip the scales.

Guest Mike

Oi!! who said the axis is losing??!! tongue.gif

but yes - you're right - you have to get it jsut right with the Axis, and I think I've made 1 or 2 [cough]minor[/cough] screw ups here..... :rolleyes:

Guest Mike
Originally posted by Lars:

Bugger, you're right.

Remember this day - it's taken Lars years to finally realise what has been axiomatic for the rest of the world forever!! ;)

Guest Mike

German HQ in hte Suez gets reinforced, tanks and Italian infantry smack a couple of units around so they arent' use for much any more.

Sov's advance another square and dont' attack anythign again so LW & Romanian AF beat up a poor defenceless KV sitting out in hte middle of the plains.....but htere are an awful lot of htose Soviet Corps....

Oh andhte stupid Japs attack the USA too....damn!

Originally posted by Blashy:

I find it curious that people are loosing as Axis when everyone is stating Axis is too powerfull. I do tend to agree that if you play the Axis properly you should have no problem winning.

But the Axis advantage is thin and one error can tip the scales.

Yep, I think the Us is too strong . Scale it down

tongue.gif

But you are right. As Allies you can lean back and wait for the mistakes of the Axis. As axis player you have to know what to do. Though between new players I think the allies will win most of the time.

Yep, same as in SC 1 - new players there can also play without any bid and Allies are even in the advantage ;) . But experienced players have to give Allies >10.000 mpps to balance it.

In SC 2 it´s similar - Version 1.0 balanced for new players, but strongly in favour of Axis after some games experience smile.gif .

Leeb hit down to 2 again. All those new pants with red stripes must be getting expensive by now. Axis tanks down to 3 and 5. Amphib landing on the Tobruk side by a lone Italian corps ignored.

Seems there's a new sub out there sitting on the Egypt convoy lines.

On the Russian front, attacks by five AF on Russian tank knocks him down to 2. Fully repaired. The advance on the southern front continues slowly in the snow, and the Russian corps start the process of digging the Romanians out of their mountains.

USSR gets Long Range 1, Anti Tank 1.