Lars vs Stalin's Organ AAR

Gave the Kiwi the Axis.

Pretty standard opening. Poland, he went for the AF with a Tank. Down to strength 2, not worth reinforcing. Everything else took hits too. The Corps and Army did get a free shot on a HQ though. On the other end of the map, French dinged his Corps up on the Siegfried line.

USSR received Infrastructure 1 right out of the gate.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike

USSR getting tech already?? R u reloading??!! ;)tongue.gif

I am determined not to repeat Jon's mistakes and dilute attacks to the point where minors and France hold out for far too long! ;)

You can anticipate more schwerpunkt from this avatar of the OKW :cool:

Guest Mike

that's all right Jon - I'm using my game with you for pointers against Lars, so fair's fair!

I've already decided not to invade Syria!! ;)

Guest Mike

I'll just have to come over and borrow it then! smile.gif

Actualy you probably got that 'cos Germany got intel 1 last turn :(

Guest Mike

Today it was announced that nothing much happened.

Except Il Duce was so impressed with the Whermacht's swift conquest of Poland that he has decided that Germany is invincible and is preparing to join the fray.

Troops deploy west, Germany develops infrastructure and it's muddy everywhere! :(

God how I hate Mud, I would rather have snow, sure seems like some years there is only about 2 or 3 good weeks of weather to have a good fight in smile.gif Keep the AAR going this sounds like it could get interesting.

Hush you. And send a turn so I can finish your crushing.

Stalin seems to be going for an early France. Lots of stuff showing up on the French border in Op moves and Italy is coming in early. We'll see if the mpp cost doesn't come back to bite him in the end.

Also, UK gets Heavy Bomber 1.

Guest Mike

I didn't spend any MPP's on Italy smile.gif

However the mud turned to snow, and I screwed up the invasion of Denamrk - forgetting that amphibs can't unload in snow, so the Danes will survive longer than they deserve! :mad: :mad:

Guest Mike

Copenhagen holds again dammit - and it's snow again so still no Amphib!! Still hte Kriegsmarine gets a hit or 2 on the city cutting down hte Danish supply level and hence also their reinforcements.

DoW on the Low countries but appalling combat results see only minimal damage on the garrison of the Hague! :mad: :mad:

The Italians come across hte Alps, and don't lose a single elephant doing so.

Amphib landed in Denmark, so I didn't get a shot at it.

However, the Danes and the Low Countries provided spotting on the German Subs, so the combined UK/French fleet goes in and dings up the Subs. Better now than when the BB's show up, eh? Stalin got lucky on some diving and the storms helped protect him too, only did 7 in total damage.

All those Subs withdrawn to Kiel this early, I think somebody put money into Advanced Subs. ;)

[ May 12, 2006, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Lars ]

Guest Mike

All the subs stay live & I kill one French cruiser - but Copenahgen and Brussels still survive :mad: :mad:

I hope it's eating up some of his MPP's 'cos it's pissing me off no end! :(

Danes and Low Country hold out again!

UK sees Sub, sinks same. Knocks another down to 1 next to Copenhagen, and down to 4 next to Keil. Also, bottles up the Skaggerak, which will really tick Stalin off, as he just loaded up an Army in amphib. :D

On the front lines, French bloody both German Panzers, partially withdraw from Maginot, and hit the Italians as well.

In order to more perfectly simulate French/UK discord over strategy, Lars goes to get another beer...

Guest Mike

No - that Army was the one that you thought had already unloaded - you haven't been paying proper attention! smile.gif

Any ticking off 'cos of hte Danes is more than countered by a Massacre of the French and the capture of the Hague this turn smile.gif

Germans go through the French like bad brie. Would have been like bad Camembert if the tankers were still around, but they pulled back to put the wheels back on. French navy gets their revenge by hitting all troops in Denmark and the Danes continue to hold. RN hits and runs as there's no point in sticking around, the Kriegsmarine has wisely run away.

Guest Mike

The germans continue to go through the French, and wheeless panzers come back to aid the capture of Paris - France surrenders and there's a bonus MPP haul smile.gif

Denmark also finally sees sense and gives up.

It's May 1940....hmmm...where to now.... ;)

Hey, the Danes didn't give up! You bombed the snot out of them! :mad:

The surrender monkeys go down though.

Hard.

Stalin's winter offensive paid off in spades. Didn't get a single Free French out of the deal or a chance to get the AF out of there. Stupid Frogs...

But made him work for it at least, he did get bruised. Hope the plunder doesn't repair everything in one turn.

UK get Long Range 1.