• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mike
Originally posted by Lars:

Hey, the Danes didn't give up! You bombed the snot out of them! :mad:

I can't have - they were still snotty when I marched in! tongue.gif

But made him work for it at least, he did get bruised. Hope the plunder doesn't repair everything in one turn.

Everything except 1 panzer group and a couple of corps - and that only because I bought 6 or 7 chits...... :D

Originally posted by Stalin's Organist:

It's quite what??

Boozy.

Poor typo there, eh?

This turn Stalin finds a UK Corp well dug in at Brest. BB's sail out to try to add to his pain.

USSR gets Heavy Tank 2. Last time was Infantry Weapons 1.

Stalin invades Norway.

And gets denied. Now he has a bit of a "situation" on his hands. :D

Major mistake here. He only hit it with the Paratroop and bombarded with one AF and one CA. Came very close though, knocked the capital Corps down to 1. Bet he wishes he'd added an amphib or another AF. Didn't launch any amphib up the coast either, which was lucky for him, as there was a welcoming party sitting up there.

Both Norwegian Corps reinforced. UK carrier fleet comes in, dings up a cruiser, spots sub. UK cruisers go for sub, but the little bugger dives twice. Perhaps I should have killed the cruiser off, but I think you gotta kill a sub when you get a shot. Just bad dice rolls, oh well.

Brest holds out, Iceland comes over, and Iraq convoys start. UK mpp take gets a major improvement. :cool:

Guest Mike

Nah - I stuffed up the timing again - the amphib corps were waiting........

Oh and I did it 'cos I was bored after the conquest of France!! ;)

[ May 15, 2006, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

Stalin hits Brest below it's re-supply level, so UK Corps says goodbye.

Another German corps shows up in Norway, but Oslo holds out. German supporting air and sub goes for a carrier. Heavily damages it, but sub gets sunk on the riposte from the remaining carrier. UK fleet then withdraws from the Skaggerak.

USSR gets Advanced Air 1.

Guest Mike

Happy enough to damage the Brit carriers & if his fleet has bugged out then the German HQ can amphib in to provide a bit of support.

And if Brest is empty then I can transfer teh other LW to make it a bit more expensive to try to intervene in Norway again! tongue.gif

And he amphibs in the HQ.

Either to banish the dumkopf for screwing it up in the first place or to lend moral support, I haven't figure out which. tongue.gif

Norway continues to hold and we have an early Axis DOW on Yugoslavia.

Stalin gets serious. Three AF attacks and two CAs, followed up by a Para. Kiss Norway goodbye.

However, a UK Corps sitting in Trondheim denies him that sweet, sweet ore. Bwahahahaha.

Yugo gets hammered, gonna fall next turn.

USSR gets Industrial 2.

Guest Mike

Cool - a UK corps to hammer and kill out of supply - I know he doesn't have too many of them! smile.gif

He got lucky actually - I had a DirectX problem half way through the turn and it crashed out - in that version I captured Belgrade too....

Guest Mike

Stalin hits Trndheim with 2 airforces and a depleted parachutist......perhaps that 400 MP's isn't quite a s lost as some ppl think??.....

What the heck is an Italian AF doing in Norway? The mind boggles.

Yeah, the Paratrooper was rather depleted after you dropped him down a mountain ravine. Wouldn't go to their reunions if I were you.

Elsewhere, Romanians join up, UK raids Antwerp, and a Italian sub pops up next to Gilbralter, trading shots with the BB.

Guest Mike

Trondheim gets severely bombed, the Kriegs marine surrounds the port...well mostly...., a Corps amphibs in to capture the mine and generally everything is fine unt dandy smile.gif

Except at Antwerp where the RN pounds its erstwhile allies!!

Sweden takes a step on the right side as public support for the Thousand Year Reich increases

[ May 21, 2006, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Stalin's Organist ]

Well this is interesting so far smile.gif A slightly differnerent aproach then the norm, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. One thing about Norway I still question trying to take it, even had you done well from the start you will have to garison it and that waste units, and for what a few crummy MPP? I could be all wet about Norway but seems like a waste for such a small gain.

[ May 22, 2006, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Rolend ]

The Bismarck, two CA's, and two AF hammer Trondheim. Stormy seas in the south prevent the RN from doing much about it.

The plucky Brits holding out in the city give them the finger.

USSR gets Inf Weapons 2 and Intel 1.

Guest Mike

Rolen MPP's are the game - nothing else is important...IMO of course smile.gif

Norwegian MPP's can be protected by allied corps that can't be upgraded and so are pretty much useless as combat troops - even against "real" partisans such as Yugo's and Sov's - the Italians are ideal vs them with an infantry weapons upgrade or 2.

Norwegian MPP's are also increased by German Industrial Technology.

And Trondheim and whatever-the-port-just-south-of-it-is are great places to base a U-boat or 2 to intercept the Arctic convoys and surfacte ships to support them - which will cost the USSR a lot of MPP's - conceivably hundreds in a year.

The RN is already weakened from it's fights at Denmark, so it's not going to be so efective in protecting convoy routes any more. Eitehr that or he has to spend MPP's to rebuild and upgrade it.....

So what I'm doing is trying to attack his MPP's in as many places as possible, or create the threat of such an attack.

Of course it may be a crap strategy, but time will tell! :D

And if Sweden comes on board then that's no bad thing either.....