CMBB: what will be your favourite side?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As in CMBO, I'll stick to the Germans at any wartime period.

I'll have good, trained men early on with "inferior" tanks. Mid-War, you'll get to the fancy gear also. Late-War, I'll deal with manpower shortages as well as access to the late war equipment.

I'm really looking forward to dealing with the T-34's early in the war and playing with the new MG rules. Can't believe I'll have to flank enemy tanks with my panzers... guess the Panthers and Tigers have spoiled me :D

Originally posted by Terence:

Bah.

I got no love for the leadership of either side.

Horrible dictatorships both, may the Nazis and Communists both, all burn in hell.

Can I set up battles where they both lose?

:confused: So I take it you're not getting CMBB? :confused:

Bah.

Horrible dictatorships both, may the Nazis and Communists both, all burn in hell.

With a mutual, truly biblical pre-game bombardment, probably so!

Bah.

Hm. All soviets? All germans?

Are you one of those creatures like Morgenthau?

I'm wondering if you ever heard about fighting troops and the following ones.

Nice to see, that the veterans of both sides have a bigger horizon than you, when they together are remembering the fallen soldiers of both sides.

Ofcourse your oldtestamentary hate will never understand a knightly behaviour of soldiers, that life must go on and forgive and forget is most important for all aspects of life.

This thread is about CM. If you're speaking about leadership, it's logical, you mean the officers.

So your answer was in this context a generalisation to all officers.

If you meant the political leadership, it doesn't fit into this thread.

Holy smoke. Some people have to chill out a lot.

CMBB is a "game", only a game.

Both the Nazis & Communists were evil. If anyone thinks differently, they are incorrect.

I suspect that after a short time at the front, the poor soldiers of both sides in the east who fought just wanted to get home in one piece. However, millions suffered & died.

I hope that BTS quickly locks any threads in the CM forum section that goes into the politics of these two despotic regimes. The general forum is OK for such discussions.

Matt, lock me up now.

Cheers, Richard

[ July 14, 2002, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: PiggDogg ]

Is nobody else curious to see how the Hungarian armored division plays with their Turans and other very poorly known tanks? I definitely am!

Yet, favourite time and place: Soviet offensive on the Karelian Isthmus in summer 44, both sides.

Huge Portinhoikka-operation, any scenario-builder wizard interested???

I'll play either side, but I'm particularly looking forward to playing the soviets in the early part of the war. Not only to they have cool vehicles, but it will be nice see what I can do with the (mostly) poorly trained troops at my disposal against the fascist invaders.

The Rumanians & Hungarians of course. I tend to play all sides in CM with a slight tendency to pick the Brits over the Americans and the Germans over the Allies. Anything but those dang Canadians posers.

I just want to see if I can stop a T-34 Company supported by a battalion of conscript Infantry from rolling over any Axis allied unit..........