Who Are They?

Shep

Michael, I think you have it in reverse. In the demo, there are officers in blue pants and brown tunics; in the screenshot, there are guys in light blue tunics and those funny fur hats. Kind of look like the canadian tuque or something.

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

Are they really Russians?

Or are they those Spaniards that fought for the Axis? They had a whole Division, didn't they?

Hey, anyone know if they are being modelled in CMBB?

Last I recall they will be modled the same as normal Germans (Name was the Blue Division).

They cannot be from any of the Axis minors, since they're fighting against Germans, their base is red and they're in the midst of a string of unspotted 'red star' symbols.

So the question remains. I do not think they're cossacs since their tunic dosen't resemble any particular cossacs' garment I've seen, moreover they seems to be wearing a simple pilotka and not some strange fur cap.

Perhaps they're airborne troops with some sort of obscure jumping overall?

Amedeo

IIRC the Blue Division, Spanish volunteers who fought as part of the Heer on the Ostfront, were issued the 08/15 works (slang for stardard German issue). I think they had Spanish colors painted on their helmets in place of the familar black, gold, and red shield, but that was about it in terms of any thing that distinguished them in outward appearance.

There were a number of scenarios regarding their actions included in the game East Front II by Talonsoft which had background information about them included in the scenario introduction blurb.

But back to the original topic, it can't be them in that screenie, as it is the Germans who are fighting them... and really putting them through the meat grinder too! :eek:

Could they be the "Black Death"?

Originally posted by V:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shep:

In the Gamespot preview, there is a screenshot that has Russian soldiers in blue tunics. Who are they? Partisans?

My first guess would be Soviet Naval Infantry</font>

Originally posted by Shosties4th:

IIRC the Blue Division, Spanish volunteers who fought as part of the Heer on the Ostfront, were issued the 08/15 works (slang for stardard German issue). I think they had Spanish colors painted on their helmets in place of the familar black, gold, and red shield, but that was about it in terms of any thing that distinguished them in outward appearance.

There were a number of scenarios regarding their actions included in the game East Front II by Talonsoft which had background information about them included in the scenario introduction blurb.

But back to the original topic, it can't be them in that screenie, as it is the Germans who are fighting them... and really putting them through the meat grinder too! :eek:

Could they be the "Black Death"?

you are right about the Blue Division.

Originally posted by Shosties4th:

They also wore an armshield in Spanish colors on the right sleeve. However, many Guripas (Spanish volunteers' nickname) didn't get the helmet decal and some of them didn't even get the armshield. Blue shirts under the tunic (for those who were Falangists) and Spanish decorations and insignia were tolerated. Otherwise, Spanish volunteers looked as any other German soldier.