I Triple Dog Dare the Boots and Tracks Boys to release a Berlin Pack

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

{{Michael has ofcourse, technically breached protocal by jumping directly to the Triple Dog Dare, and bypassing the Double Dare, and Double Dog Dare respectively}}.

smile.gif

So who gets to stick their tongue to something frozen now smile.gif:D !!

-tom w

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

...or is another urban pack not really a great idea?

Some other time, perhaps. I love urban fights, but the Statlingrad pack has filled my craving for them. Let's see a something like the "Blitzkrieg pack", with all 1941 battles. That gives them a nice variety of battles to choose from.

Of course, that's just what I want to see them make. There must be others interested in the early war, though. Right?

[ November 30, 2002, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Partisan Chief. ]

Originally posted by Partisan Chief.:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Some other time, perhaps. I love urban fights, but the Statlingrad pack has filled my craving for them. Let's see a something like the "Blitzkrieg pack", with all 1941 battles. That gives them a nice variety of battles to choose from.

Of course, that's just what I want to see them make. There must be others interested in the early war, though. Right?</font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

...or is this in the works already?

This is not in the works. Not by us, anyway.

It's a good idea. Stalingrad and Berlin are very different - the urban landscape is different, the forces are very different, the opposite side is (usually) attacking. And then look at the various urban battles in the Stalingrad Pack - no two designers had city maps that looked the same. Lots of possibilities. And besides, we really only scratched the surface with Stalingrad as it is.

Anyway, it is a good idea, but I'm not sure when we'd get to it. We have a pretty full plate at the moment, and putting Stalingrad together was a lot of work. I was thinking about that project back in July and started laying the groundwork for it in August. Anyway, the point of that project was mainly to commemorate the battle; that's part of why we teamed with Der Kessel to do it, so that it would be less of a "look at us, we rock" thing as it was a "let's remember Stalingrad" thing.

We do want to do more battle packs, but we haven't decided what we'll be working on next and as we'll be busy with RoWIII and a variety of other projects for the next several weeks, I couldn't even begin to tell you when we'd be looking at something like that. I can say that we'll probably be shooting at making them a bit smaller than the Stalingrad Pack.

In the meantime, the team is mainly working on scenarios on their own - catching up on pet projects and things they had to sideline for a month due to the Stalingrad Pack. They totally earned that; I'm very happy with how the project turned out.

Originally posted by Andreas:

I am sure Scott is already planning to publish that for the 60th anniversary of the start of the Berlin operation. He is very methodical, you know.

What's your schedule look like for April 2005? :D

Scott

A regular PBEM opponent and I were speculating about future similar projects and I came up with Barbarossa, Kiev and tne Destruction of Army Group Centre as possible locations/events. Of course speculation is easy when you don't have to the hard work yourself smile.gif .