We need snowy ground!

This game craves for accurate simulation of WW2 combat and it succeeds brilliantly.

BUT, we cannot have snow in the ground in winter QBs, unless the snow is falling, or there is a blizzard.

This is VERY UNREALISTIC, given that on the eastern front, there was snow on the ground from at least November to March.

I have tried to save a snowy map created with the editor, but when I load it, the ground is GREEN.

Please BTS, include a terrain option or make the ground snow covered for winter battles!!!

Posters, I kindly request that you post here, so the thread is noticed.

Thank You

Import a map, its easy. Go into the scenario editor, create a battle, then go into the map editor, allow the computer to generate the map (make sure the map goes east to west when you adjust the Height and width).

Make sure you select the proper parameters and its that easy. You can fight a battle in November where the trees still have leaves and the ground is covered in snow. I can send you a quick battle if you want me to prove this ;)

Umm, Hoopenfaust, I sure can't get this to work. Are we speaking about different things?

Make and save map in editor with snowy ground. Check.

Set up a QB for Winter month, northern region, clear sky, everything else random. Check.

When the QB map generator comes up, load my saved map with snowy ground. Check.

Continue loading the QB, and the correct map comes up... but with no snow.

Are you referring to something different than this?

- Old Dog

I agree with BlackVoid- this is something that needs to be addressed. I don't think it worked in CMBO, but it definitely needs to be the case in CMBB.

We want snowy ground QBs without having to set the weather to snow. And, I don't see the need to create a map and have to load it into the QB- that is just an extra step that I don't have time to do.

Any word from the BFC developers?

Didn't BFC already say that we get an additional Quickbattle menu for the ground conditions?

Personally I am more annoyed by getting damp ground very often, even for perfect weather. If you want a tank runaround battle that is not what you want.

[ November 03, 2002, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Redwolf and Mr. Noobie, The damp ground thing is a bug that is known and listed as fixed in the patch.

I don't see a reference to adding another QB "selector" box to allow snowy ground in clear weather in the patch list though, Redwolf.

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Old Dog:

I don't see a reference to adding another QB "selector" box to allow snowy ground in clear weather in the patch list though, Redwolf.

- Old Dog[/QB]

No, but Madmatt suggested that it might be included in a patch - so perhaps the second one?

Snowy ground - without the need for it to be snowing - is a vital option for ground conditions in East Front battles in the winter months.

Originally posted by James Crowley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Old Dog:

- Old Dog

No, but Madmatt suggested that it might be included in a patch - so perhaps the second one?

Snowy ground - without the need for it to be snowing - is a vital option for ground conditions in East Front battles in the winter months.[/QB]</font>

Great news with the snow smile.gif

If you want a temporary workaround to get good chances of Dry ground with Random weather settings, fight your QBs on the Southern front only.

After testing Random weather I found that the all pervading Damp exists on all fronts except for the South.

To be honest I've given up on Random settings for weather now, as I get all kinds of odd combinations. The last straw was a QB in November 1941 which had Very Hot :eek: temperature (the thermometer was totally red) and of course Wet ground.

If you want realism then you need to stay away from Random weather settings.