how many of you are on broadband?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Pud:

56k. I am totally amazed at the number who aren't on 56k!!! But as mentioned, in australia broadband is rooted, very expensive, limited availability and capped :mad:

Maybe not totally rooted! With this option and wisely used, you can get 12gig downloads per 30 days for under $80 bucks!! I get ADSL connection sometime in January (fingers crossed). Guess which plan I'm looking at!

http://www.iinet.net.au/products/broadband/home/bliink512.html

Aussiejeff

56k dial-up at $20 per month because I'm not going to pay $40 more each month for less dependable service on the wild frontier of telecom madness in the USA. Mostly, I just come here, download mods, and play PBEM. Works fine and very dependable.

Sure I want more speed, but the cost and connection hassles aren't worth it. I can wait until broadband is ready for primetime.

Cable... once you go broadband you will never be able to do 56k again. I remember many moons ago debating whether to DL a 2 meg file knowing it would take 4 hours!! One of those files was Descent, one of the best Demo's I have ever played!

Related topic : how does BB costs over the world ?

Here in France, 512/128k ADSL is at 45€ (that's 45$) a month. Somewhat expensive... but I can afford it.

Before that (18 mo ago) I had 56k at 20$/mo for only 20hrs (in France you pay local comms !), and often had to pay 10$ more for overuse.

So for 35% more I have a 400% better speed and unlimited use ! smile.gif

In Canada, cable TV and BB combined w/taxes in $70.00(Can)=approx. $40.00US/mth. Installation was free, one of their introductory offers.

Next month we get access to cable phone w/1 time intro offer of all 3 for $100.00(can.)= $58.00US/mth. Anyone useing cable phone service?....if so what do you think?

KC