Any chance of a vehicle list for the CMBB area?

I’ve watched my post from last week gets slowly vanquished to page 7 or 8 but that’s ok with me. I know its been a little busy around the old BTS forum and in the CMBB area but I thought it was a good idea and would like to see it maybe before the release of CMBB.

I was around before the beta demo of CM and before they released the full version they posted a list of vehicles which had made it into the final version. I was just wondering if BTS is planning on adding a list of vehicles in the CMBB area before the final release version. I enjoyed reading the list and being very excited about all the different vehicles that were modeled.

I also enjoyed the CMBB demo and the 4 hour 33 minute download wasn’t to bad but none of the scenarios that were released really stuck with me like valley of trouble or chance encounter. The person who designed those did an excellent job but who ever did the ones for the CMBB demo could have done a better job.

I played Valley of trouble and chance encounter numerous times before the CM release but only fired up the CMBB demo that weekend and haven’t touched it in over a week because the scenarios were not exciting.

I didn't have any problems running the demo on my G4 450mhz system.

Thanks and I looked forward to the final version and designing my own scenarios.

[ September 07, 2002, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Kestrl ]

Originally posted by Kestrl:

...none of the scenarios that were released really stuck with me like valley of trouble or chance encounter. The person who designed those did an excellent job but who ever did the ones for the CMBB demo could have done a better job.

I played Valley of trouble and chance encounter numerous times before the CM release but only fired up the CMBB demo that weekend and haven’t touched it in over a week because the scenarios were not exciting.

Could that be because when the CMBO demo was released there had never been anything quite like it before? It was a real kick in the head in tht sense alone. Now we have become a bit blasé perhaps and not so easily stirred. Personally I think the scenarios are okay and the Citadel scenario is perhaps the best ever put on a demo. In CMBO I almost never played defense, but I'm thinking of a little ambush for Hitler's Panzers that might just singe a little tail, heh, heh.

Michael

I actually I quite like the Yelsia one it seems to me to be more I don’t know, intricate? Oddly enough I preferred the Beta Demo scenario Riesberg to the later add on Chance encounter and the Gold demo debut VOT.

As Michael says it might have more to do with people being inured due to previous exposure to CM than any fault with the chosen battles.

An official list from BTS on what vehicles from the modeling contest made it into the final release would be cool. I want to be surprised on what new vehicles are in the final product so don’t want to know every single vehicle in CMBB but would cool to see what vehicles I’ll get to use around 30 Sept or 1 Oct.

I have a day off from work at the end of September so hopefully I’ll have a nice early birthday present this year.

Yes it would be cool, but the only complete list exists only IN the gamecode and the only man in the universe (if a Brain soaking in a Nutrient Tank can be called a man) who can do that has been too busy lately to yank that all out to populate a list.

It IS planned to provide such a vehicle list at some point though.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yes it would be cool, but the only complete list exists only IN the gamecode and the only man in the universe (if a Brain soaking in a Nutrient Tank can be called a man) who can do that has been too busy lately to yank that all out to populate a list.

It IS planned to provide such a vehicle list at some point though.

Madmatt

I'll do it the hard way for you! :D All I need is the complete game. ;) If I play with the scenario editor long enough, I'm sure I can find 'em all. :cool:

I was looking at the list of vehicles for the modelling contest and I had to find out more about the Hungarian Nimrod. smile.gif I found a couple of sites that may be of interest to grogs:

http://users.swing.be/tanks/index.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~Sturmvogel/Panzerkeil.html

My apologies if these are already well known sites.

And I found this particularly amusing:

http://members.tripod.com/~Sturmvogel/tanker.html

[ September 07, 2002, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

Ryan???? Private James Francis Ryan???? Your brothers have been killed...

Whoops, wrong thread- you purchased basically the same PC as I from Dell back when CMBO came out. Are you upgrading now? If so, what are you upgrading to? I have actually thought about straying from the dell camp. My wife is chomping at the bit to get her hands on my CMBO PC, so getting a new one for CMBB is fine with me.

Originally posted by CrapGame:

Ryan???? Private James Francis Ryan???? Your brothers have been killed...

Whoops, wrong thread- you purchased basically the same PC as I from Dell back when CMBO came out. Are you upgrading now? If so, what are you upgrading to? I have actually thought about straying from the dell camp. My wife is chomping at the bit to get her hands on my CMBO PC, so getting a new one for CMBB is fine with me.

OK, I went a little overboard, but I don't have a wife smile.gif

Qty: 1 Area51

~ Case: Dragon Full-Tower Case (340-Watt PS) (Space Black)

~ Power Supply: Enermax EG465P-VE 431 Watt Power Supply

~ Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.8GHz 533MHz FSB w/ 512KB

Cache

~ Memory: 512MB RDRAM PC-800

~ Hard Drive One: 120GB Western Digital UltraATA 7200RPM 8MB Cache

~ Optical Drive One: 16/48x IDE DVD-ROM Drive w/Software MPEG-2

Decoder

~ Optical Drive Two: Lite-On 48x12x48x CD-RW - IDE - Black

~ Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce4 Ti 4600 w/128MB Dual Monitor

~ Video Cooling: KoolMaxx Video Cooling System

~ Sound Card: SoundBlaster Audigy 5.1 w/1394

~ Network Card: Intel® PRO/100 S Desktop Adapter

~ Modem: US Robotics V.90 56K Internal Voice/Fax/Data

~ Display One: NEC 22" FE1250+ MultiSync Flat CRT - Space Black

~ Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 200-Watt THX Speakers - Black

~ Keyboard: Microsoft Internet Keyboard (Space Black)

~ Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer USB 3.0 (Standard Color)

~ Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional

~ Productivity Software: Microsoft Office XP Professional