Peng Challenges the Rodina to a Dance

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

p.s. Still painting the house ... Gawd I hate painting the house.

Would that be Camouflage Green for the doors, or that nice Salmon Pink Colour?

</font>

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah! Jury duty next week. Fecking turns will be slow in coming.

It is possible that my stated policy that anyone arrested must be guilty of something deserving capital punishment will get me dismissed from the jury, but I wouldn't count on it. This is North Carolina, after all.

Perhaps if I appear in full Taoist regalia while chanting from the Book of Odes they'll give me a pass.

I would like to thank Persephone for the heaping bowl of good old fashioned nightmare fuel she just posted.

Trying to get us in the Halloween spirit early?

Speaking of Halloween (Well, we weren't, but I was, so tough.), I don't know how many of you actively participate in Trick or Treat, keeping a bowl of goodies by your front door to pass out to the neighborhood kiddies, but this year, instead of giving them candy (which they don't need) or fruit (which they won't eat). Do what I do. Give them soup.

I hate this game.

OGSF can attest to my reaching a low point, as he just crushed my inner wellspring of life force with one frikkin' T-34.

I hate this game. It appears my quest for hatred has succeeded in a way I would not have imagined.

Originally posted by OGSF:

Mace ye Aussie reprrrobate! Didnae pretaind ye workin' mon. Keep tha MBT on page wun, Ah'm gwintae baid jus' noo.

At looks like a wee jobbie fer a Gubmint Employee!

*Somewhere within the hallowed halls of the Victorian state Government, someone stirs*

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz Huh? Can't you see I'm *yawn* working. Limme alone! Zzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mace

[ October 14, 2002, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

Mace ye Aussie reprrrobate! Didnae pretaind ye workin' mon. Keep tha MBT on page wun, Ah'm gwintae baid jus' noo.

At looks like a wee jobbie fer a Gubmint Employee!

*Somewhere within the hallowed halls of the Victorian state Government, someone stirs*

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz Huh? Can't you see I'm *yawn* working. Limme alone! Zzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mace</font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

What's the deal? You Aussies on holiday or somefink?

Boo_ Didn't you know that Colombus was also looking for a place to start a penal colony?

The rest is history.....</font>

What a weekend...

Space is too short to tell of the drunkeness, debaucheries and young lasses in bikinis who have troubles with their tops. Hard to find around here this time of year, let me tell you. But soooo gratifying when you do...God, I'm going to miss the boat this next six months...

Err, where was I? Oh yes...

So instead,

Gamey Updates!

Seanachai – I've sent him the setup. It had every thing he asked for. Now we wait for a file in return. It's only been a week...

OGSF – Has a frickin King Tiger boresighted up the road all my tanks have to advance down. Anybody want to know the kill chance for a T-34/85 against a King Tiger at 1300 meters?

Agua Perdido – Forgot to turn rarity on when he sent the setup. Nuff said.

MrSpkr – We're still stumbling around in the dark. There's flags on the map so we're bound to run into each other sooner or later.

Iskander – I'm blowing up buildings. I have no idea what he's doing.

Goanna – He picked paratroopers, so, in an effort to be historical, has allowed himself to be surrounded.

Panzer Leader – Out of the blue I have received a setup for playtesting. Always a good sign when the scenario notes say "This was not accepted military practice but we have heard of it happening".

Papa Kahn – Strangely enough, the scenario Papa Kahn sent was one of the few historical cases where accepted military practice was not followed. Guess who got which side. BTW, Congrats on getting out from under Joe's thumb. Now quit drinking and partying, get the underwear off your head, and send a feckin turn.

Simon – Coming to the end of this one. I have him trapped and am just applying the last little bit of high explosive.

Malakovski, don't think I missed your little snide attempt at a challenge. You'll get yours after I clear off some of the above from my plate.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Wear jeans to weddings.

Now sod off.

Guest PondScum

Papa Kahn, it's time to either fork out for that Hotmail Extra Storage (and that will be money going into my pocket, so it's the preferred option), or CLEAR SOME FECKIN' SPACE IN YOUR INBOX.

After all, you do want to see the Cannister-totin' StuG of Death take over the churchyard, right?

In other Updates from the Fields of Gameyness:

Goanna is having the hardest time taking over one little factory. And I'm finding that the nicest thing about the new suppression model for CMBB infantry is that you can now pin the buggers down with light mortar fire for long enough to drop some SERIOUS artillery on their heads. As if being slaughtered in the open wasn't enough, he's walked right into the middle of an ambush in the woods. I suspect the boot will be on the other foot when his T34s roll over the horizon, though.

Malakovski and I are exchanging undying hatred (and LOTS of dying hatred too) in the hell that is The Gate Keepers. This scenario pretty much defines the "T34s rolling over the horizon" experience. It also defines the "what do you mean, frontal turret penetration?!" experience, and the "85 second command delays for a TANK?!" experience. I gave up on all the fancy-shmancy tactics and just rolled every damn clankety thing I had towards his lines. They die, they panic and reverse, they burn and explode and spall, but enough of the little buggers keep going ("T34 - The Little Tank That Could - Occasionally") to grab victory by the balls. I'm feeling very Russian about the whole experience.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air, I never thought I could be so fre-ee-ee

Flying away on a wing and a prayer, who could it be?

Believe it or not, it's just mee-ee!

Man, I wish you had dropped your instructions in the desert somewhere....

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air, I never thought I could be so fre-ee-ee

Flying away on a wing and a prayer, who could it be?

Believe it or not, it's just mee-ee!

Man, I wish you had dropped your instructions in the desert somewhere....</font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Hmmm... point the lad toward Russian literature, and we never see Festor again. Don't you wish they were all this easy?

She was naked, Berli. Perhaps he got hung up on the naughty bits.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

First it was "Gilmore Girls", now it's "Greatest American Hero". Even for the Pool, this is low.

And he wonders why we had him neutered.

Perfect solution achieved a generation too late, sadly. And I believe at one point that he told me he has chidlren, so another chance to elevate humanity lost.

Oh, well, hopefully he married outside his own family, and the wife may bring some uncrippled DNA into the equation...

[ October 14, 2002, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]