One of the best things about CMBB will be......

In no particular order

1. Early war - when men where men and tanks were only armed with MG's.

2. North Africa scenarios. Think about it. With the Lend-lease vehicles and a little MOD work its all there....

3. Factories. They make things. Like good firefights.

4. Any sound file that says comrade.

5. Italians. Bless 'em.

6. IS2's. Woof.

7. Molotovs. Think how many needless Russians deaths will occur as you attempt to get in range...

8. Italians.....Mama mia...thank the lord for stereotypes. I'd love to form my own opinion about everyone in the world but frankly I haven't got the time.

9. 9 all the other bits I've forgotten please feel free to expand.....

[ February 23, 2002, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Farnz ]

I am psyched about the maps being set up by regions and the weather conditions effecting the soldiers. That's a nifty little piece of realism. Oh! and firing arcs and moving to contact.

I have only recently, in the last year and a half, been sucked into a deep interest in WWII, and the whole Russian Front thing has really got me juiced. I have learned quite alot about the Euro Theater, though only a drop in the vast sea of the topic that it is, and look forward to learning about The Great Patriotic War through this board and CMBB, and personal reading.

There is soooo much to learn and it's an utterly fascinating topic. I can't belive it took this long into my life (33) for me to take the plunge. But anyway it's gonna be great. Oh and one more thing I am excited about graveyards being included, that will add some nice atmosphere to any village/city fights.

Originally posted by Farnz:

In no particular order

1. Early war - when men where men and tanks were only armed with MG's.

It's not going to be that early. I think you will find nearly all tanks and armored cars armed with guns. And the infantry were accompanied by a fair number of guns as well.

2. North Africa scenarios. Think about it. With the Lend-lease vehicles and a little MOD work its all there....
How do you figure that? There will be a whole slough of British and Italian equipment missing, including those MG-equipped tankettes that you seem to think so much of. It will require a lot more than modding to reproduce their performance...or lack of it.

Michael

Well, just to play the against the Russians and the T-34s. Then there's the ton of infantry they've got. And the artillery. Lots and lots of it.

What's going to be the kicker for me is before getting the bigger guns that I'm going to have to get used to seeing German rounds *bounce* off the T-34, esp. early war stuff.

I'm going to have to flank an enemy tank? WTF? :D

From my point of view, playing this stuff on both an iMac and an iBook, I'd love it if I could have some control over the map size that I see on screen. I'm not too sure of the percentages I'm seeing at the moment, but I always seem to zoom from too small to too big. I guess that means map scales run from clunky settings such as 25:50:75:100.

I work in desktop publishing, and I can see any scale I like, from 1% to 800%, and while I can fully appreciate the techical problems the excellent Combat Mission folk must confront, I am thoroughly sick and tired of playing the game ether too far away, or too close.

Well done on a great game system, and may "doing it better for more" be your ongoing motto.

Cheers

REVS