Aaarrrggghhh, NEED another mirror

I've been downloading since shortly after the demo link was posted.

But it's going painfully slow, 6.1K a sec., over 40 minutes to go still.

Uggh. smile.gif

I should also note that I'm on a cable modem. Thus my considering 6.1K slow. ;)

[ August 31, 2002, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Lee ]

Can't download - get message: Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer. I'll come back in a few days and try again. Maybe I can download at a higher rate for DSL that 4 to 6K as I was before. Just can't wait 4 hours at that speed. Had to cancel download.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to check that you guys are aware Matt added a link to the CMHQ download site? I just tested it and I can get 100k+ all the way down in Australia. I could have download the whole thing in 10 mins if I let it go, which isnt too bad smile.gif .

Dan

KD,

I am d/l from ftp.combatmission.com right now but it is just around 5KB/sec here in Hong Kong and I am using some pathetic ADSL link... if there is any links that we dunno, please post it asap.

From somebody hasty. smile.gif

When I tried the CMHQ link I was getting 100 odd k Griffin, but I am on cable smile.gif

Guys, Im sure more mirrors will come, but they will take a little time to organise. The demo has only been up for a couple of hours or so but the response has been huge, so keep trying smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

When I tried the CMHQ link I was getting 100 odd k Griffin, but I am on cable smile.gif

Guys, Im sure more mirrors will come, but they will take a little time to organise. The demo has only been up for a couple of hours or so but the response has been huge, so keep trying smile.gif

Dan

NP KD, always your customer. I am getting the German version right now. I am wondering if I should call off a date... smile.gif

Anyway, "I have told you so!". You good people should plan more mirrors from the start. That reminds me of CS & DoD...

Hooked up at home on my 56K modem at 7pm PST...the indicated 16hour d/l time was far too long to wait.

So.

Off to work, where a huge pipe exists! W00T!

Only to find a miserable 2KB/s and 5KB/s rate on the mirror and BFC sites, respectively.

The German version d/l'd in approx 5 min.

3 hours till the English jobby finishes.

Cheers

MRD

Originally posted by Claymore:

Hooked up at home on my 56K modem at 7pm PST...the indicated 16hour d/l time was far too long to wait.

So.

Off to work, where a huge pipe exists! W00T!

Only to find a miserable 2KB/s and 5KB/s rate on the mirror and BFC sites, respectively.

The German version d/l'd in approx 5 min.

3 hours till the English jobby finishes.

Cheers

MRD

7hrs and 37 min to go...oh wait, my posting added another ten hours. doh!