artilery how blind are they

ok this is realy getting to me when i play any side the artilary is just plain droping it in the aria but the coputer haves no problem with hitting me. and when the motars and artilary exsplodes under neath the tanks say t-34 and dose nuthing whats with that is there a way to get that fixed??? :confused:

Nebel.

if you fire youe artilery without LOS (Line of sight) from your FO then the artilery will drop at a random location.(It will miss in other words)

Only heavy calibre artilery can be counted on to "damage armour" and even then not that often.

Atrilery is HE (High explosive) not Armour Peircing.

Just to be contrary:

Vader's Jester:

I have to question your reading comprehension... or at least pattern recognition skill. If you read the "nonesense" words phonetically you can figure out what the inscrutible Nebel means. Really.

Dave H: I hope this board is a sufficent outlet for you, and that you can interact with others face to face without gratuitous slurs. :rolleyes: (Or are you just encouraging to aspiring pizza drivers everywhere? If so, sorry.)

Cpt Kernow: You misspelled "your" - you might want to edit your post.

NebelRugen: In spite of his terrible spelling, Cpt. Kernow was correct. Furthermore: If you see "artilery" dropping _under_ your AFVs check to see if you have the viewable size of your units increased (the +1 Size through +4 Size thing.).

Terrapin: Err... no oddly misspelled words... no insults, just a matter of fact post....... I hate you. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kingfish: To follow your lead:

Fv ibhf yvfvrm Qnf Unaqohpu, qnf Fvr jreqra irqn pur vy zrgbqb cre n negvyunevn gnetrggvat é

rkcyvpnqb qrgnyynqnzragr.

I hope this helps. ;) Not. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Tarqulene:

Dave H: I hope this board is a sufficent outlet for you, and that you can interact with others face to face without gratuitous slurs. :rolleyes: (Or are you just encouraging to aspiring pizza drivers everywhere? If so, sorry.)

Sorry for the confusion. I simply looked at NebelRugen's profile and saw the occupation as student/pizza driver. Judging from the spelling in the post, the student occupation has room for improvement. I was simply wishing NebelRugen more success in the other half of the occupation category! :D

in my experience there are only three (3) ways to use an FO in this game: 1) pre-plan or 2) have los (line of sight) to the target area or 3) trp.

in other words (iow), without pre-plan, los, or a trp the FO's barrage is going to fall in some random place.

also, it appears as though a 105mm barrage usually does nothing more than immobilize t34s and KVs...

150 might be a different matter...

...or 105s against BTs...

or soviet artillery against early war german... or... hopefully you get the picture...

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tarqulene:

Just to be contrary:

Vader's Jester:

I have to question your reading comprehension... or at least pattern recognition skill. If you read the "nonesense" words phonetically you can figure out what the inscrutible Nebel means. Really.

LOL! Okay forum "dad." Go back to the cesspool. :Dtongue.gif </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Just to be contrary:

Vader's Jester:

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Just to be contrary:

Vader's Jester:

Going BACK TO THE THREAD TOPIC, I have learn to my cost that you must get LOS at all times - but what does annoy me is when I have LOS, drop a few ranging shots and then want to move the whole lot 50m into the lee of the hill behind which I can see, but I think a company of cooks is waiting. Nope, it appears to be randomised all over the fricking board. Surely, if I only want to move it a short distance out of LOS, the gunners can do this for me? Comments please...

And on the tank hitting issue - I have found that if you drop arty on a bogged/immobalised tank the crew bugger off pretty damn quick. Can get rid of something that otherwise sits there as a pillbox....

Originally posted by GRUMLIN:

Going BACK TO THE THREAD TOPIC, I have learn to my cost that you must get LOS at all times - but what does annoy me is when I have LOS, drop a few ranging shots and then want to move the whole lot 50m into the lee of the hill behind which I can see, but I think a company of cooks is waiting. Nope, it appears to be randomised all over the fricking board. Surely, if I only want to move it a short distance out of LOS, the gunners can do this for me? Comments please...

So do you have LOS or not? Your statement is a bit contradictory.

I believe that my esteemed opponent Grumlin is speaking about adjusting fire from an area within LOS to an area less than 50m away from the original target but out of LOS.

This was a very popular CMBO tactic, but probably overused and a bit gamey. You could use the short countdown within LOS and then spend the rest of the game walking that fire all over the map, often far outside of LOS by the time you were done.

They went out of their way to cut down on what was considered overly pinpoint and/or gamey use of artillery in CMBB.

That said, I believe that Grumlin is correct in that his gunners should be able to make such an adjustment once, but with questionable and variable accuracy. This would represent the FO making the adjustment, but then losing the ability to spot further.

Unfortunately, there are very few things in the engine that allow actions to be taken only once, so it's probably not going to happen.

[ December 21, 2002, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Slappy ]

Heh Heh - well thanks for the English lessons guys, but I was on my way out of the door to see the Two Towers and didnt check my wording.

And, yes Slappy is spot on about my point - I just would like to be able to roll arty over a LOS blocking feature without having to expose my FO. At the moment, FO's have to run around waaaay too much, and TRPs are not always available.

btw, anyone who points out errors in this post (grammatical or otherwise) will get a dead hedgehog posted to them.

G :mad:

Originally posted by GRUMLIN:

And, yes Slappy is spot on about my point - I just would like to be able to roll arty over a LOS blocking feature without having to expose my FO. At the moment, FO's have to run around waaaay too much, and TRPs are not always available.

Thanks for clearing that up. In that case I disagree with you, not because of realistic modelling, but because I think in this engine of CM it will give the player too much control.