I Have Been to the Mountaintop, and Found the Peng Challenge, And Some Old Beer Cans

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Roxy:

AJ,

No SCHWUBERRY for you I'm afraid. I'm savin' it fer me bonny lass, Roxy. Thanks fer pointin' me to it though. Now SOD OFF!!

Serf Treeburst155

Dear She/he,

It's obvious that you could not see the forest for the tree, so don't go bursting a limb tryin to climb tha' haedy ladder o' suckCess.

May I suggest a visit to Sigmund to sort out your freudulent inner-cranial wig-flipping. Better take your Chief Solicitor Mr Spruiker along for the ride too, just in case you trip up in yer 9" stilletos and decide to sue the unlucky local council for pun-itive damages.

Then again, as ya suggested earlier, you are handling yourself very well of late so perhaps you have the matter well in hand. If you need any guidance in such matters, I am sure Yeknod will lend you his. Hand that is. Generous chap, our Seniour Ass.

Glad to be of absolutely NO SODDING HELP WHATSOEVER,

Sir AJ

HumbleHobKnOb

Roxy is history.

So where's me Fallout 2 CD ya wench?

Game Updates:

Goanna, CO of AoS Gruppe Sud has been subjected to a gamey truck assault that seems to work pretty good, even if Satan (our lovable psychotic neighborhood ASL-converting scenario designer) has given him CRACK Pioneers to defend a town with against my Frenchies. His Hotchkisses are burning merrily as well.

He also suspects me of being Meeks while everyone (and the Kitchenspuehle Ausf CIV) knows that he was eaten by a Polar Bear.

Mr Peng: We're playing one of them byte syze thingies. He will surely lose.

Hakko Ichiu: I've seen jellyfish with more tactical competence. He's decided that setting fire to buildings he must occupy is a grand and clever idea. Oh yeah, his tracked thingies are popping like popcorn. Veni vidi panzerschreck.

The Hiram: Everything is on fire right from the start here. We're exchanging turns once or twice every blue moon for the oobvious reasons.

I have a bad feeling about this game.

Representing her is the able Mr Spkr, 35?, of Texas. Unwilling to disclose the legal strategy he would pursue, he did hint at precedent in the cases of the eunuch knight Panzer Leader, and the he-sheep, Mace.

There is this little known understanding between Civil/Public Servants throughout the world. A wink and a nod, or perhaps a quick phonecall, and we can achieve anything, anywhere.

MrSpkr, I would suggest you exclude me from litigation or I'll have a bit of a word with my friends at a certain federal agency, because I realise how much you don't want weekly IRS audits.

Mace

[ August 21, 2002, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

Trust me, it won't hurt a bit. Well, maybe a little bit. Well, maybe a LOT.

*Grunt* Poor Mace tired.

Mace work overtime for great State Guv'mint to introduce new fandangled hi-faluting database system thingy.

Mace can't be bothered to do turns and just wants to go to bed, to begin new day of more system testing and overtime.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

*Grunt* Poor Mace tired.

Mace work overtime for great State Guv'mint to introduce new fandangled hi-faluting database system thingy.

Mace can't be bothered to do turns and just wants to go to bed, to begin new day of more system testing and overtime.

Mace

How can you be tired your employed by the government?

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Roxy:

Representing her is the able Mr Spkr, 35?, of Texas. Unwilling to disclose the legal strategy he would pursue, he did hint at precedent in the cases of the eunuch knight Panzer Leader, and the he-sheep, Mace.

There is this little known understanding between Civil/Public Servants throughout the world. A wink and a nod, or perhaps a quick phonecall, and we can achieve anything, anywhere.

MrSpkr, I would suggest you exclude me from litigation or I'll have a bit of a word with my friends at a certain federal agency, because I realise how much you don't want weekly IRS audits.

Mace</font>

Here's a happy song for you Persephone:-

We're happy little Vegemites as bright as bright can be,

We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch, and tea,

Our mummies say were growing stronger every single week,

Because we love our Vegemite,

We all adore our Vegemite,

It puts a rose in every cheek,

And if you want to hear it you will find it here

www.vegemite.com.au/singalong.asp?area=4

[ August 21, 2002, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: Speedy ]

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

And oh yes, Joe, that bit about

"(A Serf may only be elevated to Squire through the agreement of the Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread, i.e. ME!) a." given your current position (despite my best efforts) as my Liege, Mentor, and Overseer smacks of the type of thing the Evil Empire got hauled into court over, doesn't it? MrPeeper, do we have grounds for a suit here?

Papa

Depends on how much cash you have. Right now, absent cash, I don't think you have enough for a pair of khaki slacks and a navy blazer, let alone a suit.

Of course, that could all change with enough cash.

Steve

P.S. Did I mention the importance of cash?

Morearty just pointed out a suitable solution. Push one, shoot the other
Very good point, since we know there's supposed to be a rifleman in ALL of your kind. Granted, you're no Charles Whitman or Lee Oswald, but I'd suspect even you could nail a head the size of either of those two mooks.

Say it with me now:

This is my rifle

There are many, but this one is mine . . .

PS: What was her name Berli?

I find that the solution vis-a-vis Treeburst155 (spelt but not bolded) and Roxy to be an equitable one. I never liked Roxy ... a brazen wench if ever there was one who would have, depend upon it, created an atmosphere of unbridled lust and passion that would have ill-befit this august group ... probably the other months as well but August for sure.

Papa Khann has offered a private apology for his ill-tempered remarks of late and has offerred to buy drinks all around on Sunday at the shin-dig (why do they call it that anyway) in Minneapolis. I was gracious enough to accept on behalf of all who can attend. Be sure to contact me via email to confirm your attendance ... presents will be accepted.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Papa Khann has offered a private apology for his ill-tempered remarks of late and has offerred to buy drinks all around on Sunday at the shin-dig (why do they call it that anyway) in Minneapolis.

Because we'll be kicking him in the shins and digging into his wallet to cover the bar tab.

Papa Kahn, bring your Visa, I'm feeling thirsty.

I find that the solution vis-a-vis Treeburst155 (spelt but not bolded) and Roxy to be an equitable one. I never liked Roxy ... a brazen wench if ever there was one who would have, depend upon it, created an atmosphere of unbridled lust and passion

Joe

Clearly Joe, at your advanced age and physical infirmities, you forget the need for unbridled lust and passion...as such, we can assume that you will, in fact, not need the assistance of a Stenographer!

Speedbump

Papa Khann has offered a private apology for his ill-tempered remarks of late and has offerred to buy drinks all around on Sunday at the shin-dig (why do they call it that anyway) in Minneapolis. I was gracious enough to accept on behalf of all who can attend. Be sure to contact me via email to confirm your attendance ... presents will be accepted.

Joe

No, no, no, Joe. I said an apoplexy would do you some good.

Papa

P.S.

Lard, I think Roxy/Treeburst managed to lift my credit card after all. There were a lot of suspicious charges on my last bill. For example, this "Uncle Fervid's Prurient Pastimes". Anyone know where that is?

Recently I began playing "ArtyFest '45" because...well, I guess I felt there wasn't enough pain and misery in my life.

Guess what? That's all been rectified. How? Why, by playing "ArtyFest '45", of course. Why don't you ever listen?

Anyhoo...

I've been told that our own very Justicab, aka Joe Shaw, aka (Many Things That Can't Be Repeated In Polite Company), had something to do with it, even to the point of designing it.

I don't know if this is the truth, but if it is indeed the case, seek help immediately. I doubt that anything can really be done to help you, but I feel better just getting you off the streets.

You are a nasty, evil creature that sucks the very life out of anything that may be considered good and beautiful.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Recently I began playing "ArtyFest '45" because...well, I guess I felt there wasn't enough pain and misery in my life.

Guess what? That's all been rectified. How? Why, by playing "ArtyFest '45", of course. Why don't you ever listen?

Anyhoo...

I've been told that our own very Justicab, aka Joe Shaw, aka (Many Things That Can't Be Repeated In Polite Company), had something to do with it, even to the point of designing it.

Heheh. Me too, Boo, me too. In particular, you can thank me for the very dry whether (a little FIRE, Scarecrow?), and convincing Joe that a few more 200mm+ arty observers on each side, coupled with some randomly appearing green infantry companies was just the ticket for some fun.

Enjoy!

Steve

[ August 21, 2002, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by Speedy:

Here's a happy song for you Persephone:-

We're happy little Vegemites as bright as bright can be,

We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch, and tea,

Our mummies say were growing stronger every single week,

Because we love our Vegemite,

We all adore our Vegemite,

It puts a rose in every cheek,

And if you want to hear it you will find it here

www.vegemite.com.au/singalong.asp?area=4

Thanks Speedy, I wanted a happy song...not a song that would drive me insane.

Persephone

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Anyhoo...

I don't know if this is the truth, but if it is indeed the case, seek help immediately. I doubt that anything can really be done to help you, but I feel better just getting you off the streets.

You are a nasty, evil creature that sucks the very life out of anything that may be considered good and beautiful.

{Blush} Yes, well ... one does try you know. MrSpkr and I are proud as punch that our little effort brought at least a little joy into your otherwise humdrum and listless life. After all, the motto of Ker Dessel is ... When You Want To Play CM In The Worst Way. We trust we lived up to our motto.

Joe

Hey Persephone, How's this?

My Uncle Walter goes Waltzing with Bears,

It's a most unbearable state of affairs,

Every saturday night he creeps down the back stairs,

Sneaks out of the house and goes Waltzing with Bears.

Chorus: He goes Wa-wa wa-wa-wa Waltzing with Bears.

Raggy bears, baggy bears, shaggy bears too.

There's nothing on Earth Uncle Walter won't do

So he can go waltzing, wa-wa-wa waltzing

So he can go waltzing, go waltzing with bears.

I went to his room in the middle of the night,

Tiptoed inside and turned on the light.

But to my dismay he was nowhere in sight,

My Uncle Walter goes waltzing at night.

I bought Uncle Walter a new coat to wear,

But when he comes home it's all covered with hair,

And lately I've noticed there are several new tears,

I'm afraid Uncle Walter's goes Waltzing with Bears.

We told Uncle Walter that he should be good,

And do all the things we say that he should,

But we know he'd rather be off in the woods,

We're afraid we will lose him, we'll lose him for good.

We begged and we pleaded, "Oh, please won't you stay?"

And managed to keep him home for the day,

But the bears all barged in and they took him away,

And he's dancing with pandas and we don't understand it,

But the bears all demand at least one waltz a day.

Waltzing with Bears

Attributed to: Dr. Seuss, Eugene Poddany, and Dale Marxen

I'm sure Great Fred would approve

Lurk