NEW rather unrealistic church MOD!!

Juju

Heya all. I’ve just released a brand new set of church textures for CM:BB. It's available at the mod database.

Before I go any further, let’s head off any discussions considering realism first. ;)

CHURCH GROGS, ACHTUNG! When I started this mod I threw realism out the window! It was more a way to test shading techniques than anything else. It’s called a church mod because it replaces the church textures. Feel free to use this building as museum, city library, NKVD HQ or whatever you can think of.

This mod is only released in Ultra-res (meaning it’s resolution is twice that of the original BMP’s. you can count the individual bricks on this one). Since there are hardly ever more than one or two churches on any given map this shouldn’t have much impact on low-end computer set-ups (Unless you play the historical scenario Gordon feels challenged to create. It should feature about 50 of them ;) ). Anyway, I promise I won’t do it again.

The textures are split into two separate downloads (summer and winter).

This is the non-CMMOS version of the church mod. The forthcoming CMMOS version will offer options for white sheets hanging out of windows and lighted top windows -a novelty!- for night scenarios.

On to some (heavily downsized) screenshots. Which is rather a shame cos there's a lot of detail in this mod. They'll probably only last for a day before the site that hosts them pulls 'em down again though. :(

BF_preview1-vi.jpg

BF_preview2-vi.jpg

Lighted top windows for the CMMOS version:

BF_preview4-vi.jpg

surrender anyone (CMMOS only)?

BF_preview5-vi.jpg

Hope y'all like it! I'm off actually playing this game for a change. smile.gif

Juju

Well, shiver me timbers! I'm speachless...

Look, Juju don't listen to any church-grogs or purists, give us MORE, MUCH MORE! Why not something similar för other tall heavy buildings or even a factory buildings makeover... damn, the possibilities are endless...

Truly great stuff,

-Derfel

Thanks guys! Glad you like it.

Originally posted by Derfel:

Why not something similar för other tall heavy buildings or even a factory buildings makeover... -Derfel

Because this one building alone took me ten days! I may do a complete overhaul on my factory mod, though.

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

I think you're starting to get the hang of this stuff. ;) Michael

Heh, 2 years. 'S about bloody time, too, eh? ;)

Ah, very well done, Juju. Of course I told myself that the BB looked so good out of the box that it didn't need modding. Hours of downloads later...

Just a question-is the roof a shared texture with the bldgs? An "onion dome" look would be nice for a few Soviet cities-but all of the bldgs being dark blue w/stars does not sound appealing.

Nicely done, and thanks!

Originally posted by benpark:

Just a question-is the roof a shared texture with the bldgs? Nicely done, and thanks!

Thanks! You got it right; roofs are shared. Which is a pity, otherwise I'd have done an option to remove the tower. But if I do that now, there's a little roof floating in the air. ;)

Juju,

This is outstanding stuff. Thanks for all the time and effort that's obviously gone into making this mod. The litttle pixel ministers will be delighted with their new church (at least until they get flattened in a barrage - seems a shame but what a tempting target for any artillery spotter)

MG-42

May I add my voice to the church choir. Exquisite Juju!

This will another grand addition to my .bmp folder.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

I have never read a review that made me less sure of humanity's ability to finish out the decade, let alone the next millenium.

Obviously this 'Reviewer' [of CMBB] is capable of using a computer, and even finding employment (or at least the right to display their almost inspired lack of intelligence under the auspices of an organization), but it's equally clear that they're both incapable, and unashamed of their inability, to actually come to grips with something that requires more intelligent focus and mental participation than an arcade game. On this planet thousands are daily made homeless, crippled, and even killed in pointless and heart-rending incidents of political, ethnic and religious conflict. If any such incident had managed to whack this reviewer, we'd have to consider it worth the anguishSeanachai, CMBB Forum, 10/12/2002.

[ December 17, 2002, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Once again, thanks for the nice comments!

Originally posted by panzermartin:

Wow JuJu!Is there an interior behind these

doors?!?Because it looks like there is:)!Great work!

you know, I even tried positioning an 'interior' behind the windows, so it would actually look like you're looking into the building, but sadly it didn't work out too well.