CDV and EU anti-rasicm legistlation

Tero

This concerns the release (date) of the non-German language version product in Europe.

Is CDV quilty of rasicm when it seems to be giving preferential treatment to German language clientel without divulging pertinent data on the release of other versions ?

tongue.gif

[ September 19, 2002, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: tero ]

Sorry for being OT on this, but if Europeans are truly concerned about not promoting racism, they should be more concerned on how they treat minorities and immigrants in their country and not whether some games have Waffen-SS troops in it. Seems moronic to worry about games and not about discrimination of newcomers by their own people or by unethical politicians who exploit those attitudes.

European governments seem awfully quick to jump at human rights abuses in other countries while turning a blind eye to their own abuses

Stick. Wrong end of.

He's talking about CDV giving preference to German-speakers over the rest of Europe. Not about SS runes in the game...

As to the actual point in question...

BURN THEM! BURN THEM!

They're obviously doing it on purpose because hardly any of us bought "Lula: Huge Bazookas". ;)

*edit: Lula, Lulu, Looloo, whatever... smile.gif

[ September 19, 2002, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Fetchez la Vache ]

Originally posted by Soddball:

Two more weeks of this. Two more smegging weeks. Germany is 90 minutes away by plane. Ooooh, I want to torture CDV with huge, long, pointy, stabby things of death. What a bunch of sphincter-chomping retards. :mad:

I relish your posts, Soddball.

I want you to know that even though I may get the game first, as a gesture of solidarity I WILL NOT PLAY IT until you too have the full version installed on your computer.

Sorry for being OT on this, but if Europeans are truly concerned about not promoting racism, they should be more concerned on how they treat minorities and immigrants in their country and not whether some games have Waffen-SS troops in it. Seems moronic to worry about games and not about discrimination of newcomers by their own people or by unethical politicians who exploit those attitudes.

European governments seem awfully quick to jump at human rights abuses in other countries while turning a blind eye to their own abuses

I have to say that I don't know where this is comming from but I would say Western Europe is doing a good a job as possible in helping refugees and immigrants and trying to integrate them into Multicultural Society's. Saying otherwise means not knowing what one's talking about.

To compair games with a big problem like immigration seems to me like comparing apples and pears. :(

And yes I do want to have my copy of CM:BB with Waffen SS units, not to be a racist but to have the game as accurate as possible.

Mies

Just wondering:

How much longer CAN it take to release the sanitized, original language version of the game than it takes to release the sanitized and translated version ? tongue.gif

[ September 24, 2002, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: tero ]

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

There's no "racism" in CDV behavior ... They only go for the $$$$money$$$$, all their decisions (CD protection, sanitization, cut of manual, German market priority) went that way.

What kind of a proportion does Germany make in the CMBB market, Europe-wide ?

How do German €uros differ from the rest of them ? To inexplicably hold back the release of the original language product while getting the translated version out on time does indicate at least to me there is something fishy in the state of Germany. At least in CVD. It seems to me CDV is excersising "positive racism" towards the German speaking minority in Europe.

That's no surprise,

Not really. But still....

and BTS don't seem to get really bothered by

it either :( .

I hope there is something going on behind closed doors.

Tero,

I'm not in the PC game business and only have somewhat vague press references, but AFAIK Germany is a BIG part of the whole European market for wargames, maybe 50% of the whole EU ! Then there is a sizeable English market, and quite small markets everywhere else (including France).

And don't forget CDV is a German company...

So even if 1 German € = 1 French or Italian €, it's quite easy to see why CDV is Germany-oriented.

About BFC : what make you think there may be something underway ?? Last BFC posts about the CDV deal were still praising them, to my despair :rolleyes: ...

There ARE release dates already given: the fourth for UK( and scandanavia?) an, I think, the 18th for everywhere else. this is apparently so CDV can get their marketing and distribution up to speed in other markets. C'mon, it's not that long now. As for renaming the ss, it hardly affected me in the slightest with cmbo, i actually never even noticed until someone pointed it ouot on this forum but I can see why some people got annoyed.

Originally posted by Mies:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Sorry for being OT on this, but if Europeans are truly concerned about not promoting racism, they should be more concerned on how they treat minorities and immigrants in their country and not whether some games have Waffen-SS troops in it. Seems moronic to worry about games and not about discrimination of newcomers by their own people or by unethical politicians who exploit those attitudes.

I have to say that I don't know where this is comming from but I would say Western Europe is doing a good a job as possible in helping refugees and immigrants and trying to integrate them into Multicultural Society's. Saying otherwise means not knowing what one's talking about.

To compair games with a big problem like immigration seems to me like comparing apples and pears. :(

Mies</font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

Pascal, do us a favour. You've made your point, every time you've posted, for the last week. Now shut up. You don't like CDV, fine. You aren't happy, fine. Consider your point made. I'm getting tired of scrolling down a page only to find your persistent whining.

I was replying to a topic, it doesn't look like I went off or was particularly "whining" : I did point out some facts on why CDV did serve first their German market.

You aren't much qualified for shutting up me or anyone else here ... C'mon, you're also quite known as an aggressive troll :rolleyes:

Bye

Originally posted by Commissar:

LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

You mean discrimination of new comers like, oh, lets say, people of Arabic origin? Or unethical politicians that exploit those feelings to get their policy through and draw attention away from other problems? Seems politicans like that are everywhere, right under your nose even....

Anyhow, posts like that should be made in the General Forum, where you can air whatever popular opions you may have.

Guys, this topic has been discussed to death and it looks like this thread is probably heading down hill.

I dont think some of the comments made in this thread about us are fair. We have pointed out many times that we wish there were things we could change with regards CDV contract. The problem is that this is the real world and we cant have it all our own way.

We are trying to do what is best for both the future of CM and Battlefront with our contract through CDV and the deal is a good one. We cant please everyone all of the time (even if we gave CMBB away for free Im sure some would complain that the download is too large smile.gif ), but we are trying our best.

Im going to lock this one up now guys as I think everyone has said their piece on the topic.

Dan