PATCH IS OUT! Battle front please advise.

At what looks like a reputable german website

http://gamesweb.com/pc/downloads/patches/detail.php?item_id=29252

You can download what they claim to be the CM patch v1.o1.

In a post not to far from this MAT said that patch was not out.

Im very confused as if you goto this sight it really looks like it is.

Think theres been a comunication breakdown somewhere.

What I want to no is: Is this patch official, do BFC approve of it (I dont care what CDV think about it, and I suspect they have released it.)

Is it safe to download or should we wait?

Sorry aslo for satarting a new thread that is very similar to one below but Matt had allrewady posted in that and his anwser left things still ambiguos.

We (I) need to get BFC's official word on this patch at this specific website.

[ November 21, 2002, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Cpt Kernow ]

Originally posted by phil stanbridge:

68mb?? wowsers..

Now we all know, that the BTS guys are fakes only.

The real maker of CM is CDV and the programmers and developers are the same who made Leisure Suit Larry 6.

Although i'm happy that the CDV-patch is out already, it's like a bad joke: BTS is waiting for CDV and they release it, as soon as they can? :eek:

Before anyone starts on Battlefront for all we know it could be a patch that was used to test compatability only and not the final release.

43Mb copy protection is extreme in the least.

I can only think that the patch will include lots of video adverts for other CDV products

(or an early beta of CM:Austerliz to Borodino smile.gif

Originally posted by ScouseJedi:

We can all not d/l now and swift can never play another game against a human.

True IF i haden't installed ANTOHER copy of CMBB and pached that. I think that we all will be running 1.01 soon so i don't see any problems...

And now the U.S. patch is out :D

[ November 21, 2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Swift ]

Originally posted by ScouseJedi:

MatMatt - is there a reason the two versions are so different in size?

Yes, the CDV patch has a quite a few textures that we managed to include at the last minute in the Battlefront CD version 1.0 originally.

Madmatt

[ November 21, 2002, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yes, the CDV version has a quite a few textures that we managed to include at the last minute in the Battlefront version.

Huh ? You mean didn't manage to in the Battlecom version ?

So is the US version going to be replaced by a larger US version with the new textures ? Why put up and old version then - I'm sure folks would rather wait a couple of days than download twice ? Or will there be a seperate textures pack ?

Originally posted by Schoerner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jKMkIII:

Good that I checked forum before going home smile.gif

But oh boy it is slow server, do I now have to still stay 43 minutes at work? :(

Oh, poor boy my condolences.

Becoming paid for downloading the patch is really hard. ;) </font>

Originally posted by Hertston:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yes, the CDV version has a quite a few textures that we managed to include at the last minute in the Battlefront version.

Huh ? You mean didn't manage to in the Battlecom version ?

So is the US version going to be replaced by a larger US version with the new textures ? Why put up and old version then - I'm sure folks would rather wait a couple of days than download twice ? Or will there be a seperate textures pack ?</font>

Originally posted by athkatla:

its too damn big for me to d/l with my 56k modem, is there any other way we can get it, my ISP cuts me off every 2 hours, and it will take considerably longer than that to d/l 68mb on my 56k modem!!

Go to http://www.netvampire.com/ and try their downloader. It has automatic reconnecting to your ISP, will do scheduling, resumes, all sorts of features. I've been using it for years and find it very reliable.