European release date changed

Feeling sick? I am! I just discovered that the release date for CMBB over here has been put back to 18 October. Is this another attempt by CDV to further ruin my life, and drive away customers? Jeez but I wish I'd asked someone to send me the US version. I hope BTS seriously reconsiders its partnership.

Originally posted by Coffin 'Enry:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ColdSober:

the release date for CMBB over here has been put back to 18 October.

To echo Prinz Eugen, where does this information come from?

To post this sort of claim without giving the source is, in my view, extremely aggravating and will do little for your credibility.</font>

Hi there CMBB'ers in spe.

CDV still says 20.09.2000 in Germany and

tba. in other contries

Click here and select english to be taken to this information

I guess it's a little (but just a little) anoying to be in the wrong market segment.

(continental hard core CMBO/CMBB fan wanting the same service as the Americans, and not some other country (read Germany) laws imposed upon oneself. Thus feeling a little bit like a second rate customer).

Combat Mission 2 : De Barbarossa à Berlin

Euro 42,50 (F 278,78)

Sélectionnez le produit en cliquant sur ''ajouter au panier'' puis cliquez sur "Valider la commande" dans le menu en haut de page pour remplir votre bon de commande. [paiement par CB ou par chèque]

Sortie officielle repoussée au 18 octobre !!!

Source: store4war.com, part of net4war.com

My French suppliers

Sorry to be "alarmist" or whatever...

ColdSober et al.

Take a deep breether guys and for god sake dont trust what the different retail shops says as release dates.

Here in Denmark I have two shops with these two dates 27.09.2002 and 16.10.2002. They are guessing just as much as we are. In fact they have a slight incitament to post an early date thus hoping to wheel in eager customers.

The only sources to look for are BFC and CDV

(Edited for typos)

[ September 15, 2002, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: HawkerT ]

Originally posted by HawkerT:

Take a deep breether guys and for god sake dont trust what the different retail shops says as release dates.

Of course you are correct.

Unfortunately people have a tendency to stick to the strategy of wish fullfillment. In this context it means that they ignore the CDV announcements, (which does not tell us that much, unless you are German or British), and hope for a vague promise of an earlier date, coming from a retail source. Heck, I have seen people here in this forum, wish for that the non-European version would be released before the 20th of September.

I asked for the release date in a good gaming store here in Gothenburg, and the guy stated 'the 2nd of October, or any date before or after that'. Helpful, huh? smile.gif

M

Hi all,

First of all, there is no "European release date". There are, in fact, different dates for each of the different versions. This has to do with production and/or marketing reasons related to each of the three main areas (Germany, France, UK).

It would appear that the dates are now:

German Version - Sept 20

English Version - Oct 4

French Version - Oct 18?

The latter date has not been communicated to us directly so I can not comment on how accurate it is. The other two have been communicated directly to us by CDV and therefore are as accurate as they can be.

Steve

Thank you Steve.

For your responsiveness and two outstanding games.

I assume that the English version area also includes the Scandinavian countries, correct?

Now, the UK version release date 04.10.2002, is that the date one can expect the game to hit the shelves at the retailers, or is that the date that CDV ships from their production site in Germany (I presume)?

Not that it will make a huge difference, just a "nice to know" for the eager followers in your flok. Well, anyway looking very much forward to the release.

Thank you again.

(Edited for typos)

[ September 15, 2002, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: HawkerT ]