Public Quickbattle is on

This may be a crazy idea, but what the hell...

To feed the crowd without CMBB, would anyone like to do TCP battle with me on Saturday, where we both write public reports with screenshots every few turns, in two threads here? That thing probably takes 8 hours or so, but might be fun.

I am thinking of a 2000 or more points Quickbattle with a first go at human-selected forces. I'd like pretty standard parameters like full sight and dry ground. No clue what timeframe offers the best fun, we might default to early T-34/85 availablity or try some early month. I'd prefer to play Soviets. Maybe we should do more than 2000 points since some of the prices raised and we want to try some stuff (like tank platoons).

Anybody in for an opponent? If there are several I would like to choose (no bad feelings please), and if there are more people they can start a second battle anyway.

What's the interest for this circus on the side of the spectators?

[ September 28, 2002, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by redwolf:

This may be a crazy idea, but what the hell...

To feed the crowd without CMBB, would anyone like to do TCP battle with me on Saturday, where we both write public reports with screenshots every few turns, in two threads here? That thing probably takes 8 hours or so, but might be fun.

I am thinking of a 2000 or more points Quickbattle with a first go at human-selected forces. I'd like pretty standard parameters like full sight and dry ground. No clue what timeframe offers the best fun, we might default to early T-34/85 availablity or try some early month. I'd prefer to play Soviets. Maybe we should do more than 2000 points since some of the prices raised and we want to try some stuff (like tank platoons).

Anybody in for an opponent? If there are several I would like to choose (no bad feelings please), and if there are more people they can start a second battle anyway.

What's the interest for this circus on the side of the spectators?

What time zone are you? I'm US MDT, or -7 from GMT. I have not done a TCP/IP game yet with CMBB, and think I just may have a couple free hours Saturday afternoon. Pop me an e-mail to lkerry3@qwest.net to arrange time, etc if you want. If it does'nt pan out no hard feelings.

I am US east cost, so no problem here. (EDIT: "coast" of course, but this freudian slip is too fitting to remove)

It seems the public interest is too low to warrant the "live" reporting.

But I would be happy to turn it into a normal quickbattle if that stays that way.

[ September 26, 2002, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Ya sure. I am at +12 GMT (or 7 hours behind you + 1 day). I guess I had better get up early on Sunday :D

I will take some screenies during the battle and some notes and try to have something for people to read the following day. (or sooner)

[ September 27, 2002, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

The battle will start soon (as soon as the Cpl figures out IRC smile.gif .

Screenshots will be at

http://65.96.131.208/tmp/cmbb-pics/live/

The filenames will have a number in it which indicates the sequence they have been made in. A short text in the filename will indicate what they are about.

As an extra, http://65.96.131.208/tmp/screenshot.cgi

will get a screenshot right off my Windows gaming machine. Whatever I last pressed PrintScreen on will appear on this URL.

PLEASE do not useruse the latter, every 5 minutes or so at the maximum. I will have to switch it off when it interfers with the regular screenshotting.

[ September 28, 2002, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

No contact yet, except for a Soviet airplane attack without damage.

My Pz IV/70 bogged down. With LOS of about 10 meters while trying to get hull-down on that very ridge.

Update: The plane now killed both 251/9. The IV/70 is free again.

Update: the plane attacked one Pz IV to no avail. I see a T-34? marker. In front of my IV/70... But trees in between.!:::!

[ September 28, 2002, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]