Mod previews - Der Schweinestall

Thought folks might be interested in seeing what's being prototyped for "Der Schweinestall - Dunkel Grau", the muddy, dirty, early war German Vehicles rule-set of CMMOS.

DerSchweinestallPreview.jpg

It will be a companion to "Der Schweinestall - Dunkel Gelb", the muddy, dirty, "yellow" German Vehicles rule-set and "The Pig Pen", the muddy, dirty, Russian vehicles rule-set.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Gordon

Class A work as usual Gordon. Flags are nice but you're bound to get flak over them. I'd like to see some little white insignia or somefink here and there though to give it a little contrast though. But of course you're not finished. You are the master though...

ianc

Captain Wacky and akdavis,

Yes, the flags will be optional.

illo and Ozzieboy,

Like most things, you can never please everyone. There's a clique that wants the flags bright and clean so that they're easily seen in game and there's a clique that wants them faded and dirty. So, of course I'll probably offer both. smile.gif

Warlord69,

Well, I'm hoping that the pig pen team will crank through all the vehicles. The more volunteers, the faster it will happen.

The Oak,

Well I guess I'll have to make sure that I never travel to Germany. :( I never could understand the restriction.

ianc,

By "white insignia" do you mean unit markings, etc? Yes, those are planned, but AFAIK, most ostfront Tiger units received their Tigers in the dunkel gelb base color rather than dunkel gelb (or repainted them shortly after receiving them). If anyone has documentation on Tiger units that saw action painted dunkel grau, I'd appreciate hearing about it. The only one that I know of definitively is s.Pz.Abt. 502 near Lenningrad).

Pascal,

T-34 model 1940, T-34-85 model 1943 and T-34-85 model 1944 are done, and the complete KV series is nearing completion.

As soon as CMMOS v4.00 is ready and we get the pig pen team running full boar (get it! pig pen - boar) :rolleyes: there will be a big release.

Gordon

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ozzieboy:

Nice. I'd just make the flags dirty as well.

Naaaah !! Serious tank commanders made them washed by crew every morning !! :D:D </font>

Looking through "Tiger I on the Eastern Front" it appears that other units to have gray Tigers were the LAH and GD Tigers around Kharkov in early spring '43 and at Kursk the DR was supposed to still have a few gray ones camoed with yellow, that were received from the LAH.

GD Tiger in early 1943, flag looks clean, tank looks dirty :D

Tiger.jpg