How about a little bone action to start things off...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! This is something that saved my miserable morning :D

I especially enjoyed to see the Finnish tanks in the last picture (StuG's and T-26). Ooh, my heart, stop beating like that! And even the road wheels on the back of the StuG's! Cool cool! Now you've made all the über-Finns happy ever after (okay, now they start ordering for more ;) )

One more notice: in the second picture from the top there is some German infantry running. Nice to see from the screenshot that they're running different ways (not modeled as three guys just repeating everything like guy nextdoor).

And yet another more notice: BUMP! As this bone thread is worthy of it smile.gif

/kuma

Sergei, Tero and Kuma: do the last TWO bones show Finnish tanks?

The one on the left looks like the ill-fated "Rynnäkkötykki" with a British

gun.

The swastikas are gone, though. Oh well, it takes only a while to put them in.

M

[ September 04, 2002, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Munter ]

Gotta love the ambush cammo on the Sturmtiger.

"Comrade, where did that huge freaking shell come from?"

"Um, it came from that big vehicle pretending to be invisible. The diameter of its barrel is bigger than my wife's waist!"

"Thank you soldier. For your keen observation you are the given the honor destroying it with this molotov. Davai, or somefink!"

Sumfink like that smile.gif

To not only bump, I could also give out some info. Here's a nice www-site of Finnish StuG's (yep, they took out even ISU-152's with these): The Sturmgeschütz in Finnish Service and here's some nice pictures of Liisa.

What worries me in the bone picture is that the tank in forward seems to be Ps.531-32 nicknamed "Hellevi" (it's a woman's name, nothing hellish) got no victories and was propably destroyed during target practice after the war (according to the www-page before).

Maybe I would go after a mod for Ps.531-10 nicknamed "Bubi" which took out 6 T-34's, 4 T-34/85's and 1 ISU-152 (as official record) :D

53101050.jpg Bubi on stage

/kuma

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

...Cant wait to field the ISU-152 and ISU-122!

Chad

Several days ago my tcp/ip opponent tried to charge a Hetzer full speed along a wooden road to get my ISU-152 in the flank. On it's way a SU-76 spotted it and snapped a quick shot, damaging it's gun. When the Hetzer finally arrived at it's ambush position the 152 turned and hit the defenseless tank from about 40meters with AP.

There was no need for the death-clock... :D

Oh, missed this post by Munter earlier! So this is a good excuse for a bump! (While waiting for the actual game smile.gif )

Originally posted by Munter:

Sergei, Tero and Kuma: do the last TWO bones show Finnish tanks? The one on the left looks like the ill-fated "Rynnäkkötykki" with a British

gun.

I think the other one is bone of Russian tanks with no markings. There should be at least Ps.-numbers visible if they were Finnish. Or then I'm just misguided (and misguiding).

The swastikas are gone, though. Oh well, it takes only a while to put them in.

I think the German law of cencoring swastikas applies only to ones with Nazi origins? Even though there was order from USSR after war to replace Finnish swastika with an emblem, it's not applicable anymore. And as far as I know there is no European law (except maybe some German law) banning Finnish swastikas.

But I also understand BFC's need to be on the safe side and cencor the Finnish swastikas just to be sure there's no problems with German government.

For those who don't know: Finnish swastika has it's origins in African (!) good luck symbols. Nazi symbol came around after 20 years. Ideologically there couldn't be anything less in common.

But that's enough with swastika groginess :D

The game is long waited and easy to mod to bypass irregularities of German law smile.gif (Germans: I'm not meaning anything funny, just that what's a good law in German doesn't mean it's good law everywhere).

/kuma

Originally posted by Kuma of Finland:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Munter:

Sergei, Tero and Kuma: do the last TWO bones show Finnish tanks? The one on the left looks like the ill-fated "Rynnäkkötykki" with a British

gun.

I think the other one is bone of Russian tanks with no markings. There should be at least Ps.-numbers visible if they were Finnish. </font>

Sergei, Tero and Kuma: do the last TWO bones show Finnish tanks?

The one on the left looks like the ill-fated "Rynnäkkötykki" with a British

gun.

I think that is a Soviet tank. The BT-42 was built on a BT chassis, this one is definitely a T-26. I think this is a command version of the T-26 with a 76,2mm gun.

I just did not know it came with what looks like a T-28 turret (the round MG mount beside the main gun). Or that it was still around when the T-70 was introduced into service. ;)

Huh? I've never, I mean, never ever, before heard of such thing! I guess that goes to show how little good literature there is about Finnish T-26 and Vickers tanks... a pity, there were more than a heap of them.

Btw. to me it seems like modelling winter war battles with CMBB won't be a big problem, now that we know even ski troops made it in. smile.gif (Although T-28 might be missing... :( )