Refresh Monkies take notice!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

We're sorry. Due to our dislike of bandwidth hogs, anything faster than a T1 connection will not be allowed access to our servers as of 2350 (EDT) tonight. Captain Whacked, this means YOU! :D

Treeburst155 out.

Indeed I had heard that 14.4 was the fastest supported speed (or was it 9600) so that people could show their devotion by spending hours watching the download take place.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Hehe....that's such a good idea, Webs, that they probably did exactly that. They probably only need to put in a link.

Treeburst155 out.

I thought I was dreaming when I saw it on the server, and started downloading no problem. The damn forum and main site were down, so I had a bit of a suspicion some hacker but a 58 meg virus up just to torture us. I briefly thought of backing up my entire hard drive just in case, but impatience ruled out...

Sorry folks for the misinformation! We thought CDV was going to release it later and therefore didn't want to get in front of them too much. But I guess when they said Sept 1st they really meant it (and in German time too!). Dang Germans, should have known they would be punctual smile.gif

Long story short, we scrambled and had everything up within a 1/2 hour, but many hours sooner than we expected. Good thing we were basically ready to go smile.gif

Steve