Invitational Tourney [Part II]

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Maybe Jarmo isn't lucky at all. It could be that Lady Luck is just pissed off at The Pool and all who claim to be members thereof. ;)

Treeburst155 out.<hr></blockquote>

You're just jealous. tongue.gif

Jeff

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galanti: We are fighting in a fog, have not really seen each other yet. He is bombing at my supposed positions.

Mick: We are close to the end. He finally decided to attack with that tank destroyer (SP gun?), and killed my Churchill with the first shot. I guess that my 152 mm upper hull plate was not enough. Meanwhile I am bombing his and it seem my own positions as well. I don't like this British artillery at all. It is very slow and unaccurate.

Originally posted by Fuerte:

Mick: We are close to the end. He finally decided to attack with that tank destroyer (SP gun?), and killed my Churchill with the first shot.

--

Hurrah, the beast is dead at last! My plan for once was executed as envisaged... distract the Churchill with a schreck team and pot him with the Nashorn... now if I can avoid his nasty arty for two more turns.. I might make this close. Did I mention that I hate bridges and fords? LOL.

I'll have to take a closer look at those Nashorns. It got through the Churchill front armor, eh? Luck, I say. Pure luck! :D

___

88mm at around 100 metres will pretty much go through anything... no luck at all, just pure joy!!

The Nashorn has an 88!? I didn't know that. I've been playing this game since June 2000 and I don't think I've ever run into a Nashorn. I'll have to check out some of these less often used units. In any case it is still pure luck if YOUR troops hit anything at all at any range with any gun. :D

Treeburst155 out.

I look forward to making you eat those misguided and absolutely inaccurate remarks in the near future! That's right, Mike, old son. Strap on your holster, pardner... and clear the main street... I can hear the rumble of the mighty Nashorn even now! :cool:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mick_Oz:

I look forward to making you eat those misguided and absolutely inaccurate remarks in the near future! That's right, Mike, old son. Strap on your holster, pardner... and clear the main street... I can hear the rumble of the mighty Nashorn even now! :cool: <hr></blockquote>

Well, THIS Mike is waiting to get rolling on our tourney game...(!) Hope your schedule clears up soon. I'm anxious to redeem myself.

Mike, I sent you an email and it was bounced....read as follows:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Mike, can I get a list of guys who have definitely dropped out? I see you have Fionn on the maybe list and I was unaware he was on it.

<hr></blockquote>

Hi Michael...

Should be able to get a setup move off to you later this afternoon, my time, or evening. At work at moment, so can't get to it until then. Sorry for the wait.. but then again, your men might thank me for allowing them a few more precious hours of life ... lol.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mick_Oz:

Hi Michael...

Should be able to get a setup move off to you later this afternoon, my time, or evening. At work at moment, so can't get to it until then. Sorry for the wait.. but then again, your men might thank me for allowing them a few more precious hours of life ... lol.<hr></blockquote>

No rush, just making sure my boys aren't forgotten. My troops are usually in a hurry to die, and I rarely disappoint....

News from the front!! Fionn has decided that his last year of medical school is more important than the Invitational tournament. I think he needs to get his priorities straight myself. :D

This new development puts Shandorf in 2nd place. I find this somewhat depressing. :D

The standings have been updated.

Treeburst155 out.

News from the front!! Fionn has decided that his last year of medical school is more important than the Invitational tournament. I think he needs to get his priorities straight myself. :D

This new development puts Shandorf in 2nd place. I find this somewhat depressing. :D

The standings have been updated.

Yeah, well.. Jarmo is pasting my infantry with his Cromwell and Churchills. All I can now hope to do is remove points form his score instead of adding them to mine.

Lucky bastard.

Jeff

Shandorf,

You will be finished as soon as you complete your game with Jarmo! Then you can begin the long wait for the others to finish. You're hoping they can bring down Ari Maenpaa and also chop each other up real good, leaving you on top. Ari still has seven games to complete.

Treeburst155 out.

Shandorf,

You will be finished as soon as you complete your game with Jarmo! Then you can begin the long wait for the others to finish. You're hoping they can bring down Ari Maenpaa and also chop each other up real good, leaving you on top. Ari still has seven games to complete.

Kiiirist on bike! You kidding? Damn! And to think my last game has to be this really sucky one against Jarmo. Dammit. That lucky little rat bastard.

Well, it should be a tight race for second after my score comes in for that game. I am just hoping for a 50-15 loss on my part. It is really bad.

Jeff

The MickOZ/Fuerte battle has come to an end. Mick outscored Fuerte 42-31 using the German forces. Congratulations, MickOZ!!

Redwolf,

Here is how Ben Galanti works around problems with the standings page:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>John, as for the scores, I've had some trouble too with the pages. I don't know what problem you are having specifically, but I know I have to replace the spaces between the words in the page name with a "%20" (without the quotes) for it to work on my browser.<hr></blockquote>

Treeburst155 out.

Hi, Treeburst,

you definitivly don't want to use spaces in URLs, that break the specification quite badly. Every browser displaying your page violates the spec and should be deleted :)

If you replace it with the %20 stuff on your webserver, older hotlinks etc should continue to work.

I'm proud to announce that Master HTML programmer, Treeburst155 has fixed the problem some of you were having with the standings page! After several months of hard work and study I have learned to remove spaces from file names. Redwolf deserves no credit for this brilliant discovery of mine. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Finally Shandorf is retreating.

He put up a tough fight even after losing his tanks. Infantry advancing and schrecks swooshing at my tanks. Luck didn't desert me and all the screckshots missed. After a few turns the pressure of my four tanks was too much.

The flag area is mine, rest of the fight will be spent driving out and hunting down the remaining german infantry.

I finally get to see the standings! The ones from Rumblings of War make fascinating reading.

Most of the few survivors from the original group have yet to play me, and Fionn's departure for medical school (all the best on that, Fionn!) has removed one of my completed games.

Treeburst155, in your view, given that I've presently got three games going in Rumblings (CDIC, Holien,Tom), have completed one other (Kingfish), plan to add one or two soon, and in light of the short deadline for that tourney, do you think it's a good idea for me to start another game in the Invitational, or should I wait until I've fulfilled my Section II play requirements?

Regards,

John Kettler

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: John Kettler ]</p>