Invitational Tourney [Part II]

I should get to your turn tonight John (as well as shandorf's and my force purchases for CDIC).

Just hit a couple of evenings in a row where I didn't have much time for gaming....

As for why I'm not on the list, all of my opponents so far have either dropped out or the games have stalled.... I think I might actually finish one here soon though ;)

Ben

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: Ben Galanti ]

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now entering battle against Waldorf Salad (Shandorf) - looks like he took the British as did Ari. Jarmo is doing well and still holds both major flags, but the arty has not run out yet!

Once i get underway with Ben Galanti i shall have enough on my plate for a while.........these few games will be important for the outcome of the tourney.

CDIC

CDIC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captitalistdoginchina:

I am now entering battle against Waldorf Salad (Shandorf) - looks like he took the British as did Ari<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scumdork picked what? But he promised to never use the Brits again. So much for the promises. Where are the basic principles these days ;)

Ari

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ari Maenpaa:

Scumdork picked what? But he promised to never use the Brits again. So much for the promises. Where are the basic principles these days ;)

Ari<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm.... I thought I took Cannucks. Damn. That sucks.

Jeff

There are five players who have not yet completed a game. The only one of these five who appears to be active is Ben Galanti. The others have not sent word that they wish to withdraw, but it's fairly safe to assume they have at this point. I'll keep them on the books just in case.

Treeburst155 out.

Dorosh: My morale is still 98%, and I have almost no losses at all, compared to his 5+ halftracks... still the game has evened now.

TexasToast: He still has that one damned gun! It already destroyed one building, and now almost the second, my units don't like it at all! I used one of my artillery units trying to bomb it, but no luck. I killed that one remaining Priest though. But he is running his infantry into my territory now, not looking too good.

Mick: Is away for the weekend.

Shandorf: He got a Axis Tactical Victory 67 - 33. Congratulations! My average is still improving! :rolleyes: It was 26.33...

Keller ;) and Galanti: I'm going to challenge you!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuerte:

[QBShandorf: He got a Axis Tactical Victory 67 - 33. Congratulations! My average is still improving! :rolleyes: It was 26.33...

[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Treeburst,

You get that? Ahh... My average moves up again... Finally.

If you want I will send you confirmation tonight when I get home.

Jeff

Funny that Fuerte is worried about my remaining howitzer (as effective as it may be), since his hillside is downright bristling with those infernal things. It looks to me like at least 10 perched up there overlooking the town, only a few of which I have managed to neutralize. As if I don't have enough trouble with the storm troopers that have infested the village. Fortunately I have some infantry in his rear areas (so to speak), leading a desperate attempt to salvage the situation.

I'm a little light on games right now, if anyone has an open slot then give me a shout.

TT

More news from the front!! Texas Toast did a real number on Michael Dorosh. The final score was 90-10!! Congratulations, Texas Toast! This drops Michael to the cellar and raises TT's average to 61.00, closing the gap between himself and that Dog In China fella. The standings link has been updated.

Treeburst155 out.

Congrats to Texas Toast - a true pro. I surrendered after it was obvious he had bested me. I did get a lucky hit on one of his...ah, but why tell others what kinds of stuff he likes to purchase?

Well played. Although you know, Treeburst, he DID have that building on his side of the railway tracks, whereas I had none. HMPH.

Battle's joined with Ben Galanti! The news is good and bad. The good news is that a Sherman trundled out from behind the far VL, evidently in support of infantry masked by hills along the rear and moving rapidly to my left. Why is that good news? I K-killed it. Quickly. No friendly losses.

I also own the near VL. So far, his flag doesn't wave from the far one. Maybe it was the mortar fire?

The bad news? Ben has apparently managed to penetrate undetected nearly to my rear with light armor and what I presume to be infantry on halftracks. This force is on my extreme right, is also very close to the edge, and is a bit to the rear of my VL. I'm taking fire, including from what may be mortars.

The guys to my rear are a bit of a shock, but I'm sure the Sherman's immolation is a bigger one to Ben. All in all, a very good first turn in contact.

Regards,

John Kettler

We now have enough completed games to make the standings somewhat interesting. We're actually making some headway. Thanks guys!

Here are some interesting battles that are underway now, based on the standings:

Ari Maenpaa vs Texas Toast

Ari Maenpaa vs CapDogInChina

CapDog vs Jarmo

Shandorf vs everybody who remains active.

Ben Galanti will probably be on the charts soon as he has several games going with active players.

Thanks again, guys, for moving this tournament along.

Treeburst155 out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Shandorf vs everybody who remains active.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! That coment cracked me up.

Well, considering those players who bested me or tied me have yet to play the higher ranked players.. yes.

As for my Fionn game.. Technically we were at the end and it was going to be a draw but Fionn dropped off my radar before we could finish it.

My battle is Ben is about over. I have him surrounded and penned in. I control all the flags except for the one at his deployment area. this one should be a 70-30 battle in my favor. Muahahah! Actually near the begining if Ben would have pushed in the center a little harder after his inital contact with my troops I would have been in trouble but after he backed off I was able to gain the momentum and I haven't looked back since. ;)

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Hmm...holding 4 flags to your zero doesn't seem too "even" to me...better get moving, sonny.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your intelligence might be lacking! I am holding 1 flag and 1 is not clear, so you have only two.

Btw, my computer is having problems, I don't know if it is the display card or the monitor, so my turns may take a while.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>My battle is Ben is about over. I have him surrounded and penned in. I control all the flags except for the one at his deployment area. this one should be a 70-30 battle in my favor. Muahahah! Actually near the begining if Ben would have pushed in the center a little harder after his inital contact with my troops I would have been in trouble but after he backed off I was able to gain the momentum and I haven't looked back since. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, this one is winding down, and not in my favor. I've got to see what I can pull out from it, but it's not pretty.

Your hamster-truppen did a pretty good number on my guys on that first push (well, plus some nasty tree-burst arty shorts that butchered a platoon pretty good tongue.gif ) I think it's the Shandorf "Green Hordes" which really got me. I'm going to have to start doing that I think, those extra manuever units would have made a difference there at the beginning...

As for the news from Kettler's fight, I didn't get a chance to check e-mail yesterday, doesn't sound good though... Ah well, the fight is still young, and I have some tricks up my sleave....

Ben

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ben Galanti:

Yeah, this one is winding down, and not in my favor. I've got to see what I can pull out from it, but it's not pretty.

Your hamster-truppen did a pretty good number on my guys on that first push (well, plus some nasty tree-burst arty shorts that butchered a platoon pretty good tongue.gif ) I think it's the Shandorf "Green Hordes" which really got me. I'm going to have to start doing that I think, those extra manuever units would have made a difference there at the beginning...

As for the news from Kettler's fight, I didn't get a chance to check e-mail yesterday, doesn't sound good though... Ah well, the fight is still young, and I have some tricks up my sleave....

Ben<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Green troops work best when you can advance them in good cover and keep them out of DF from heavy weapons. Buying a company of Green compared to regular saves you somewhere near 100+ points which can buy you a nice 105mm or 120mm spotter. ;)

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

LOL! That coment cracked me up.

Well, considering those players who bested me or tied me have yet to play the higher ranked players.. yes.

As for my Fionn game.. Technically we were at the end and it was going to be a draw but Fionn dropped off my radar before we could finish it.

My battle is Ben is about over. I have him surrounded and penned in. I control all the flags except for the one at his deployment area. this one should be a 70-30 battle in my favor. Muahahah! Actually near the begining if Ben would have pushed in the center a little harder after his inital contact with my troops I would have been in trouble but after he backed off I was able to gain the momentum and I haven't looked back since. ;)

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still waiting for a turn from you...I'm pretty sure I sent the set up in. Or did I?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I'm still waiting for a turn from you...I'm pretty sure I sent the set up in. Or did I?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unbind our shorts. I have it but I also have another setup to do. Setups can take a bit. Patience. ;)

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuerte:

Your intelligence might be lacking! I am holding 1 flag and 1 is not clear, so you have only two.

Btw, my computer is having problems, I don't know if it is the display card or the monitor, so my turns may take a while.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to have even more flags now from my perspective, but I'm sure that the situation is different from yours.

The computer problem: The display blanks after a while, and keeps blank for about 10 minutes, after which everything works perfectly. The whole computer works OK during this blank period, only the display is blank. So it seems to be a over-heating problem, probably the monitor, and it seems to notice that it is over-heating and it shuts itself down for a while. Or it is a video card problem, I'm not sure.

Ben Galanti did not take kindly to my offing his Sherman and subsequently shooting up most of its crew. He expressed his displeasure via a barrage on the center of my position as well as ill understood actions by his light armor(?) and infantry on my extreme right. The armor there is on the move. I've taken a series of measures destined to create all kinds of problems for Ben in the turns to come.

Now, if he'd only send me a turn!

Regards,

John Kettler

Big news from the front! Jarmo has managed a respectable victory over CapDogInChina. The final was 65-35. Congratulations, Jarmo!

This tightens the standings quite a bit. The page has been updated. Check it out! While doing the update I noticed that Texas Toast's stats were wrong. That error has been corrected.

Treeburst155 out.

Action has now become general. Artillery's falling in multiple forms, my infantry's exchanging fire with an MG to my center left front, and I've had a point blank range engagement on my extreme right with Ben's gray ghost became M-8.

Ben's infantry to my front center left decided to move just as my mortar shoot arrived. Much toing and froing ensued as his men scurried from one burst to the next. He has men now on his VL. The M-8 died in a head-to-head, spitting range gun duel. Drilled it through the turret face. No K-kill. I believe nearby GIs are planning quick vengeance.

There have been several large explosions near Ben's VL.

Regards,

John Kettler