CM2

CM:BB is CM2. CM II is the engine rewrite that will come later. CM2/CM:BB is scheduled to be released when it is done. So far there is no reason to believe that BTS won't be able to keep to that schedule.

[ February 21, 2002, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

BTS is currently doing their modelling contest for vehicle skins.

That means we at least won't be seeing the game until the contest is finished and all 300(?) vehicles are properly attired.

I remember back in the last century the extended wait between the original CMBO demo and release of the game. That WAS defitintely worth the wait.

Hi,

Wow, some of you are very pessimistic. I have no inside knowledge, but my view is that it is likely CMBB is only a very few weeks away. The reason I believe this is that in late November/ beginning December Steve gave us quite a long, detailed post on the status of CMBB including a release date. Of course, it was only an estimate, but until we are told otherwise I see no reason to believe there has been a change.

I forget the exact phrase used, but even without any wishful thinking, it translated to late March.

All the best,

Kip.

Last I heard from BTS, it will be late 1st quarter of this year. Sometime around April but who knows. From the last report, most of the coding has been finished and they will or are testing it. I am guessing they still need some more skins for the vehicles, hence the model contest. At worst, I hope to spend the hot summer freezing by butt off on the Eastern Front.

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

CM:BB is CM2. CM II is the engine rewrite that will come later. CM2/CM:BB is scheduled to be released when it is done. So far there is no reason to believe that BTS won't be able to keep to that schedule.

No, CM:BB is CM:BB. CM2 is the engine rewrite. I don't think there's a difference between CM2 and CM II. I've never seen CM II around the forums

Somebody help clarify!

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

No, CM:BB is CM:BB. CM2 is the engine rewrite. I don't think there's a difference between CM2 and CM II. I've never seen CM II around the forums

Somebody help clarify!

Back when, I always thought CM2 = CMBB. However, in a recent thread, Madmatt said that CM2 and CMII were the same thing, the engine rewrite, while the sequel to CMBO is just CMBB.

So there.

That must have been a thread I missed. For many months the second installment was referred to as CM2, especially since we didn't know the name was going to be CM:BB. The engine rewrite was referred to as CM II. If this has changed I wasn't aware of it.

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

That must have been a thread I missed. For many months the second installment was referred to as CM2, especially since we didn't know the name was going to be CM:BB. The engine rewrite was referred to as CM II. If this has changed I wasn't aware of it.

Same here.

Michael