CMBB English Language Printed Manual Now Available for Purchase to CDV Customers!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

No doubt complete with the equally "not official" .pdf file.

Martin,

Unfortunately, the "juicy parts" are not what I want. The "how to play" stuff is presumably much the same as CM:BO. It's the "boring" stuff that is needed - the details of where the games are different !

[ September 21, 2002, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Hertston ]

Just ordered it... it would have been terrible after all this to wait two weeks and find you had shipped your whole stock with the US CDs ! That copy is reserved as of 11:55 GMT 21 September, guys..

BTW, don't suppose there is any chance of making it $12 and shipping a CD with the US software with it ? Thought not.. ;)

Martin, I have to ask - have you actually seen the CDV manual ? Seems to me that the 90 pages should really be the stuff for those new to Combat Mission, who will form a far larger part of the market than old CMBO farts like me smile.gif

[ September 21, 2002, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Hertston ]

Although I didn't post in the "Fred"-thread (does that rhyme?), I weren't too happy about hearing of the cdv manual. Now these guys go WAY beyond the call of duty to please us disgruntled europeans. I'm very happy I will be able to read the whole deal again in the hmmm "little office".

I think less than 500 will actually take up on this very fine offer, but still, for those that does it's a god-send. Or demi-god-send smile.gif .

On a different, but semi-related note, I'm a bit disapointed with BFC... (Well not disapointed, that's too strong, but I can't come up with the right word right now) Steve posted 10 times in the Fred-thread, KwazyDog 12 times, "battleing" it out with the (imho) broken record, aka Fred, but have not found the time to answer simple questions from me (campaign-layer in CMII, pdf manual in US version), or say anything about the clips of fireing tanks some of us posted (was it what he wanted?).

I know it's selfish of me to expect any kind of answers from BFC, and they are very busy, but to see 20+ posts from them in that manual thread, devoted to that loud mouth Fred, well, I feel a bit left out, that's all.

But I still love you, don't worry smile.gif

(Hope I don't get banned for this)

[ September 21, 2002, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: SuperSulo ]

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Whole issue should never comes up in first place! BTS screwing on Euro customers. That is not the way to treat Euro customers, I know, I went to business school. MadMatt and BTS all are HYBRIS.

First we have Waffel Grenadiers, now .pdf manual. Now we pay for other manual. Steve you are feeling superior. Attack my positions and not my person. BTS is going quantity over quality, I should know.

All true-blue wargamers know the most important part of game is the manual. More important that game itself. HYBRIS! Steve things he is a demigod. Go away BTS fanboys!

Mmmmmmmm...waffel grenadiers :D

This is the funniest thing I've seen all week!

:D

Charles

Originally posted by Hertston:

Martin, I have to ask - have you actually seen the CDV manual ? Seems to me that the 90 pages should really be the stuff for those new to Combat Mission, who will form a far larger part of the market than old CMBO farts like me smile.gif

Hertston, yes, I've done the layout for it. And I admit, I also couldn't resist going out and buying one, as the complimentary copy from CDV is a little slow to arrive smile.gif

The juicy stuff is as much for new players as for old farts. Both will need to read up on how the (new) orders work, the (new) C&C works, how the (new) interface works and so on. So the explanation of the differences between the two games is also an introduction that new players cannot miss. The PDF part has some more in-depth explanations about armor penetrations, a couple of tutorials and some other stuff which is not vital for playing the game.

Martin

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

I know it's selfish of me to expect any kind of answers from BFC, and they are very busy, but to see 20+ posts from them in that manual thread, devoted to that loud mouth Fred, well, I feel a bit left out, that's all.

Don't. At the rate things are being posted here it's totally impossible not to miss a lot of stuff.

Martin

What can I say.... This is the reason why I support this company gentlemen!

Even though I am not touched by the CDV manual debacle as Africa is luckily not lumped to the rest of Europe, it is good to note that sometimes 5 people do more than the whole personnel division of a Fortune 500 company. :eek:

Ek dank u by voorbaat, BTS.

Kind regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

[ September 22, 2002, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Moon:

Hertston, yes, I've done the layout for it. And I admit, I also couldn't resist going out and buying one, as the complimentary copy from CDV is a little slow to arrive smile.gif

The juicy stuff is as much for new players as for old farts. Both will need to read up on how the (new) orders work, the (new) C&C works, how the (new) interface works and so on. So the explanation of the differences between the two games is also an introduction that new players cannot miss. The PDF part has some more in-depth explanations about armor penetrations, a couple of tutorials and some other stuff which is not vital for playing the game.

Martin

Fair enough.

I know you guys must think we are a bunch of whiners. It may re-assure you that the manual and SS sanitation wouldn't be that much of an issue with anything else - it's just that we really do care about this product and it's predecessor as the "best of the best" in this genre and don't want to see it "spoiled" even in a small way. Apart from that, the .pdf thing really annoys me in general, and it seems like things will only get worse... :(

[ September 22, 2002, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: Hertston ]

Originally posted by Sirocco:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sirocco:

This is so completely FUBAR it's becoming amusing. :rolleyes:

Hi

Now that there is a workable solution it is sort of amusing, agreed smile.gif </font>