CDV copy protection

from redwolf:

I have to ask people to hold their horses until we have an actual case of this clash actually hurting somebody. Then we need to judge whether it's the copy protection's or the security program's fault. I would be happy to beat the crap out of any safedisk user I can get ahold of with a legally proof case, but this issue is a no-go for now.

A voice of calm and reason! Where'd that come from? Try to fit in a little better around here, will you?

Wait til I get my copy and it doesn't work! I know it's not going to! BTS fix or do somefink!

Originally posted by Becket:

Ugh. If my firewall came with software doing unwelcome things like that I'd send it back. I was thinking of core firewall stuff. Anyway, Daemon Tools should get rid of the problem by running the check from a CD image on a virtual drive.

Well, if it works it is ok. But have you heard of one of the newer copy protection systems which come on some game cds lately? It will scan your hard disk (registry) for the presence of Daemon Tools or any other known Clone CD-Tools and will prevent you from installing or running the game if it finds something. No joke!

Btw, no problems so far runnnig CDV-CMBB from my DVD-drive with Norton Anti Virus in the background.

Back to the battlefield!

Tomlin

Originally posted by Andreas:

I am a Macuser, so don't know what Safedisk can do, but I happily take your word for it. I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit, never mind me smile.gif [/QB]

LOL

LOL about everything you've said on the previous page too. Whats happened to all the nice funny people on this forum. We need more mac users (who most have DVDeez, because Apple thought about the future) on this forum. They seem chippier, like yourself.

Originally posted by Stoffel:

Any news from our German friends regarding this?

My software store adviced me to disable the virus scanner and the firewall to avoid problems with CDV´s copyprotection. redface.gif

I can find only one word for this!

REDICULOUS :mad:

I hope BTS is willing to pay for a new computer if mine gets wrecked by a hacker or a virus after internet playing.

An even more disappointed CM player from Europe :rolleyes:

YEAH!!! CDV SCREWED US! AGAIN!

I TRIED TO INSTALL CMBB WHILE RUNNING A FIREWALL AND A VIRUS SCANNER FROM MY DVD DRIVE AND GUESS WHAT?? :mad: :mad:

It wasn't a problem at all. tongue.gif

Then I read through the well done printed manual, read the parts who were available only as PDF files and printed out the maybe 10 pages I found I would need more often during the first days.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1Sascha:

Installed the CDV version from my DVD ROM drive, with Norton Anti Virus running all the time and no problems so far.

Well, Stoffel, looks like your friend in the PC shop was wrong!

</font>

Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by K_Tiger:

Couldn understand this debate, you all get the game a weak or so before the US guys can put theyr hands on this jewel...gooooo... and play!!!

No kidding. I wonder what other far off land will get the game before I receive my copy. Brazil? China? Australia? Outer Mongolia perhaps?</font>

hmm,it looks like some guys from a specific country(which once I had respect for)try to make a fool out of me :(

You never get me angry though,I am to tolerant for that.

I use Trends antivirus,firewall and anti add/spam software.

And the news given to me actually wasnt a joke,I asked for some advice on users to be sure,not to be flamed :mad:

Now next thing I am waiting for is someone screaming that my crusade against CDV is because I hate Germans :eek:

So lets stop here with flaming/funny remarks and get to the point please.

Which is a simple answer on my question.

Henk

So lets stop here with flaming/funny remarks and get to the point please.

Which is a simple answer on my question.

Henk

Was that the question where you ask BTS to pay up for some imaginary damage to your computer or the one on whether there are problems? ;)

Because the latter one has been answered two or three times, and I guess most people would assume that you are not quite serious about the first one. smile.gif

maybe I should have let that BTS remark aside,yes.

but I was quite angry when I read the email about this copy protection issue.

gave me a feeling like,hell another annoying thing about CMBB.

maybe I overreacted a bit to much,but thats no reason to behave like some of the others did.

maybe I should have let that BTS remark aside,yes.

but I was quite angry when I read the email about this copy protection issue.

gave me a feeling like,hell another annoying thing about CMBB.

maybe I overreacted a bit to much,but thats no reason to behave like some of the others did.

Stoffel, if you simply had asked "hey, I just got a email concerning the CDV copy protection, did any of the guys that have the game already can comment on this?" I'm sure you would've recieved different answers.

Look at your first post: mad emoticons, wild accusations, so what do you expect?

Again to your question: So far I've not heard of anyone having problems with the CDV version, not on any internet fora or in the reviews published so far.