Best "CM" Feature

I love the ability it has to engulf your entire life to the point that you would not remember what color the sky was except that luckly it is modelled in the game and the only people you know are the little pixelated men on your screen and that is cool because they all have that new modded winter smock and you think you should get one too and did they get that at the GAP and if they did how because there is no GAPs in France 1944 and you know this because Rexford has not done a penetration table on GAPs and you know he would and baldness might be the look of the future because Matt is bald and this chair sure is comfy and and and and and and and........

Neat feature!

I love almost everything about this game and I've learned so much about WWII history by playing the most realistic WWII war game out there.

I have to say though, I was immediately hooked on this game the first time I played it by one simple thing: My tanks actually went where I told them to go--unlike the ones in Close Combat 2. I was amazed at how I wasn't yelling and cussing out the drivers like I was in Atomic's game and I realized that by switching over to CM, I could lead a stress-free life. So, I immediately quit CC2 and now I'm at peace with both myself and my tank drivers.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I love almost everything about this game and I've learned so much about WWII history by playing the most realistic WWII war game out there.

I have to say though, I was immediately hooked on this game the first time I played it by one simple thing: My tanks actually went where I told them to go--unlike the ones in Close Combat 2. I was amazed at how I wasn't yelling and cussing out the drivers like I was in Atomic's game and I realized that by switching over to CM, I could lead a stress-free life. So, I immediately quit CC2 and now I'm at peace with both myself and my tank drivers.<hr></blockquote>

Agreed, I always hated the tank movement (and the infantry movement somewhat) in CC2. It did have better colors IMO though. I wish I could use the CC2 colors in CM. It would be an unholy supercreature of a wargame!

Wittman & Hobo are dead wrong. I don't know what the best feature is (and it's highly sadistic of you to ask!), but I can tell you the escape key is your enemy if you use a Voodoo card and any FSAA. (although there probably aren't many 3DFX cards in workplaces are there? *grin*)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by -E:

Wittman & Hobo are dead wrong. I don't know what the best feature is (and it's highly sadistic of you to ask!), but I can tell you the escape key is your enemy if you use a Voodoo card and any FSAA. (although there probably aren't many 3DFX cards in workplaces are there? *grin*)<hr></blockquote>

You said it! I hate that damn key now.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Goanna:

Big duh, Iron Chef. But that's because some of us are giving back to the CM community rather than just soaking up other's work and not giving anything back other than being a convenient butt of jokes.<hr></blockquote>

Did you get kicked by a kangaroo today or something? I just got the game a couple months ago, sheesh. If i knew how to make some decent mods, or came up with a scenario people might like, i'd put it out there for everyone.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

I'd still be playing it, as i have yet to use the scenario editor. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

You don't have to use the scenario editor to feel it's effect on you! But I'm pretty sure you would have got bored with QBs and the couple of dozen missions that came on the disk in short order. It's the hundreds of excellent user made missions that keep the game fresh. Sure, mods are great too, but it's new missions (historical or otherwise) that keep everyone playing. Just think of all the games you've had over the years that are gone because you got tired of playing the same old thing. I mean, you can only play Pole Position or Close Combat 2, or any other number of games so much before they get old. And sure, CM will die for all of us some day; but it's the ability to rejuvinate the game with new scenarios and operations that keeps CM going in the long run. That is why it is CM's best feature. ;)

Did you get kicked by a kangaroo today or something? I just got the game a couple months ago, sheesh. If i knew how to make some decent mods, or came up with a scenario people might like, i'd put it out there for everyone.<hr></blockquote>

Why are you always so hostile to others? I've seen about a dozen of your posts over the past couple of months, and they always have some smart @$$ remark in them. I saw how rude you became at the Easy Company obit. thread. What's up? :(

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

You don't have to use the scenario editor to feel it's effect on you! But I'm pretty sure you would have got bored with QBs and the couple of dozen missions that came on the disk in short order. It's the hundreds of excellent user made missions that keep the game fresh. Sure, mods are great too, but it's new missions (historical or otherwise) that keep everyone playing. Just think of all the games you've had over the years that are gone because you got tired of playing the same old thing. I mean, you can only play Pole Position or Close Combat 2, or any other number of games so much before they get old. And sure, CM will die for all of us some day; but it's the ability to rejuvinate the game with new scenarios and operations that keeps CM going in the long run. That is why it is CM's best feature. ;) <hr></blockquote>

I agree, though i never played CC2. I was a big fan of Panzer General, i still have the dos version from like 1994. This game made that game obsolete. PG was good for it's time, but the stats on alot of things were way off the mark wich annoyed me.

Where would be a good place to fond some Maps? CMHQ i assume? I pretty much only play other opponents, but sometimes the quick battle maps are'nt that great. Not awful, but at the same time i would'nt mind trying out someone elses map or scenario. Eventualy i'll probably make my own. I'll make a topic when i do so i can figure out how to let everyone download them if they want.

Stop taking me so seriously....or yourself so seriously....

Everytime so far that someone has taken me the wrong way...ie rude or hotile or what not, i've only been joking. I may not be British, but i can appreciate dry wit. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Then I am taking you the wrong way. :D Maybe your wit is too strong. :Dtongue.gif

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]</p>

PG was good for it's time, but the stats on alot of things were way off the mark wich annoyed me.

<hr></blockquote>

Remember the super destructo artillery? I swear you could not even hope to approach a victory location without first spotting the defending artillery and then bombing the hell out of it.