Total Newbie - Some Basic Questions

I am a total newbie and in the midst of downloading the demo. I have played ASL for many years and am intrigued by what CMBO has to offer.

Some questions;

1. Are there add-on demo scenarios?

2. Assuming I go ahead and order the full game, what 3rd party mods are "must have"??

3. What else is important that I need to know?

System specs;

AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz CPU

256 mb PC133 SDRAM

Soyo Socket “A” motherboard (SY-K7VTA-B)

Via KT-133 chipset

52x speed CD ROM drive

Voodoo 5 5500 AGP card w/ Wicked GL driver

SoundBlaster 128 Voice sound card

Thanks all for your patience,

Barkhorn.

1. No.

2. Loads, but while not "must have" from a game performance standpoint, they are fantastic updates to all of the game's graphics. I'm sure people will point you to all sorts of great fan sites for the best ones.

3. The game rocks. If you love the tactical aspect of WWII, you'll love the game. I've gotten more playability out of this game than any other ever (except maybe for Super Tecmo Bowl).

Your system specs are fine. Get the game, you won't be disappointed.

Originally posted by Barkhorn1x:

3. What else is important that I need to know?

Thanks all for your patience,

Barkhorn.

You will be assimilated by the CM Borg and you will be addicted to the game.

the intiation process begins by desiring the FULL CMBO experience after we tease you mericelessly with the DEMO

then you order

you can ONLY get the satisfaction of the full version by ordering direct from BTS which means you have to wait for your game to arrive in the mail

THEN you are hooked

then you get it and start playing and NOTHING else in your life matters as much as your next FIX of CMBO

Sound like fun smile.gif ???

So....

Ready to send in your credit number now?

the sooner you order the full game the less time you will have to wait for your first REAL fix other than the fleeting experience of fiddling around with the DEMO :D

-tom w

Barkhorn,

Welcome to the club. You'll find a lot of former and current ASL'ers amongst the CM community. (I myself am in the middle of a Pegasus Bridge CG right now.) One of the things where CM definitely rocks compared to ASL is the spotting - basically everyone starts HIP until someone gets eyes on that part of the board, and even then units may mis-identify the enemy (green troops have this habit of calling every German tank a Tiger or a Panther). Units can also be spotted via sound contacts, giving you an incentive to move that tank slowly behind that line of woods instead of roaring around at full speed.

Buy the game, you won't be disappointed.

P.S. CM wins hands-down in the setup/takedown department - no Catyushas, etc.

P.P.S. Scenario depot has some scenarios (e.g. Hitdorf on the Rhine, Merzenhausen Zoo) which will seem awfully familiar... ;)

hurry up and order it, what is taking you so damn long.

The sooner you order it the sooner it will arrive.

Remember that lots have changed since the demo. MGs do much more damage, Tanks behave more realisticly and so many changes and tweaks to name here.

Download the patch so when it arrives you're ready to rock and roll.

Thanks for all the replies guys - I will get into the demo this weekend and probably order next week.

Truth is I have already visited the Scenario Depo site and Der Kessel and have downloaded some stuff.

And I did find many familiar ASL scenarios.

I will tell you all how the demo goes.

Hakko - Barkhorn is my nic - after the 2nd highest scoring Luftwaffe ace - I fly sims too.

Regards,

Barkhorn.