Looking for an UNbalanced scenario . . .

I've got a pal who I've been regularly whippin' the tar out of, in PBEM games. I'm getting the feeling he is losing interest.

I want to keep playing him, as he's a good friend. He lives far away and it has been a great way to keep current on each others lives.

He is quite a bad player, really. Actually, I'd say the A.I. could beat him most times. As he seems to attack like the A.I.. (I haven't had any FO rushes yet, to be fair.) In one game, I took out 4 of his shermans in ONE TURN! (It was awesome.)

Oops. I ramble.

My question is if anyone has a scenario they've made/played/heard about that is really hard to win from one side. I'd like to use that scenario as a starting point for my pal's victory career! I'd play the underdog side. This way, he'll hopefully keep wanting to play me. (Assuming he can pull off a victory.) smile.gif

Thanks,

KFS

P.S. I don't just want to add a force balance to his side, as the game will notify him of any change in set-up strengths. I don't think he'd like the charity.

There are several that I have played that I believe will fit the bill. All can be found at the Scenario depot (or linked from there).

"Foucarville Roadblocks" (very nice map, and lots of surprises) Tougher as U.S.

"Bocage to St.Lo" (very small and intense)Tougher as U.S.

"A river runs through it" (the only meeting engagement of the lot) Tougher as Canadian

"Any port in a storm (first battle of the series is the only one I have tried)" Tougher as U.S.

"A ten minute break" (this is probably the most unbalanced of the lot) Tougher as Germans

I may have the perfect scenario for you. It started out as a test for bunkers, but keeps expanding.

The german side is 18 bunkers, thats it. No moving parts, about perfect for the newbie. This is about 3000 points. The allied side has 3-4 battalions, something like 20,000 points.

Thing is, so far the Germans almost always win. Oh, it is dark & rainy with an LOS of only about 90 meters and only one way into the bunkers. Send me an email if your interested. :rolleyes:

If you really want him to win you should play the Battle of the Bulge Movie mission. It is something like 30 Chaffees in the open plains vs an equal number UberPanzers. You start at long range too just as a bonus. If he does something stupid then kindly expose some of your Chaffees to make him feel better the TacAI will take care of the rest. I have the scenario email me if you want it.

There's an old one called Max Violence that is definitely unbalanced. I don't know if it would be much fun though. (Every cool Allied weapon in the game stationed en masse on hilltops firing down on a bunch of Axis units trapped in an unescapable valley).

For real historical scenarios - maybe Nan Beach might work although it's not terribly inbalanced (experienced player attacks). It's a nice quick TCP/IP game.