That Olde Peng Challenge Has Me In It's Spell

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

By the way, I just read about a Gotz von Berlichingen, any relation? Although I wonder about that missing 't'...

excuse me twit, but that's Götz

I sometimes forget that newbies, such as yourself, need to be reminded to DO A SEARCH YOU WORTHLESS PILLOCK!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalem, if by some chance you do find yourself bereft of employment shortly, I would like to point out the the position of 'Stuka's dog walker and poop picker upper' is yet to be filled.

Seanachai's resume had to be filed in my round porcelin filing cabinet as it was written in crayon on the back of a twinkie wrapper.

I understand that you can spell your own name (most times) without collapsing and that places you at the top of the list so far.

Post to the usual address:

Handsome/Important Guy,

Australia.

dalem my congratulations lad, I'd not have thought it possible for you to exceed the depths of stupidity already plumbed by your own fine self but I find that in that I WAS WRONG! Yes dalem you are even more stupid than I imagined and I'd like you to know right now that I imagined you to be pretty damned stupid lad ... and I've met you in person don't forget.

A SERF, you who cannot even keep a Governor, is not the property of a single Knight but is rather the chattel of the CessPool as a Hole! Yes, yes, you have first right of refusal should he suddenly and inexplicably grow a brain and be deemed worthy of elevation to Squiredom, but in the meantime he the Pissboy of us all, to be harried and harrassed as we see fit whilst carrying the bucket from Squire to Knight to Olde One and back again.

He is here, as it were, on evaluation. Should his posts show some wit he may gain our attention and be elevated. Speaking of "wit", my first thought is that one who would aspire to be taken to Squire MIGHT wish to alter certain uncomplimentary remarks made in sig lines about HE WHO CONTROLS AND HOLDS ULTIMATE VETO AUTHORITY OVER THE SQUIRES! Just a thought.

So, dalem let's hear no more about Your Serf and the duties he will perform for House Mucilage. The jury is still very much out on this one.

Joe

<hr>

Originally posted by dalem:

Khann-

You have enquired as to your role in life, and seek to better your understanding of your true place in the scheme of things.

This is impressive and bodes well. However, you did question me in front of the other Pooligans. So for that, m'lad, you will spend your first night in House Persiflage in The Box.

Oh heck, you were going to spend your first night in The Box anyway, but I wanted to make you feel as if you'd earned it.

<hr>

Number two, Sir!!

No, I'm not saying what most of you deranged "Pooligans" think I'm saying. There is an association there, if you've watched enough movies. Sure, it's darned thin. Sure, it only makes sense to me. But who cares?

<hr>

Anyway. It is true that you are now a serf, but this is in addition to also being an SSN. I have no idea when you stop being an SSN - I think it's purely subjective. I won't set you with a true quest as such, we need to build you up slowly... Something easily done... Hm. Perhaps this R_leete person, who is naughty in my sight, should be challenged. Is he an SSN? Is he a pox? A poltroon? A doofus?

Yes, yes, try that one. He gets to set the terms of the battle, and you both must provide gripping details of every mouse click and camera shake, here, in the MBT.

<hr>

Very well.

To whit, R_Leete, consider yourself CHALLENGED to battle upon the fair fields of CM:BO.

I would indulge myself and christen you an SSN, a pox, a poltroon, and a doofus, but to do so would be an insult to SSNs, poxes, poltroons, and doofus' everywhere.

Normally I'd put more energy into insulting you, but having seen only a single post of yours thus far, I lack sufficient data regarding your (imagined) strengths and weaknesses to do the job right.

Therefore, on with the game!

I prefer:

- Axis, but play Allies too.

- Small to medium sized battles. The rodents that run on the wheel that powers my computer tend to tire during larger engagements. Plus, I'm a lazy cuss, and this way I won't have to scroll around a huge map quite so much in an effort to discern which rocks you and your troops will be hiding under.

- Computer generated forces, so as to allow the loser (that would be you) the ready made excuse that the AI provided you with such a selection of unusable trash that your defeat and humiliation at my hands had nothing to do with your inept generalship. (Plus, it gets away from the standard "gun hoard/uber tank/gawd-awful-huge arty" stuff that tends to occur when gamey bastiches purchase their own troops. But what do you care, you're probably a gamey bastich yourself.)

- Timed TCP/IP, but can do it the PBEM way too. If it's to be TCP/IP, 3 or 5 minute turns are best, with the timer suspended during deployment and 1st turn. Now normally I don't ask for timer suspension during the first turn, but in your case I'm willing to make an exception, to give you adequate time to sniff and pick at your various digits, cavities, and orifices before we begin play. I don't want you distracted. I want you to try to pay attention while I drive a tank back and forth over your naked, crumpled, whining little body.

Papa

Hmmm, perhaps SOME promise, you'll note that Papa Khann (spelt but not bolded) has amended his twisted ways a bit and modified his sig line. This is pleasing to the Justicariate.

It is NOT, however, pleasing to see the number and scope of his conditions! I'm thinking in terms of ... I don't know ... perhaps a match of Jabo! with someone? Anyone ... anyone ... Bueller?

Joe

<hr>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

mass snippage of mindless drivel and general background noises

Just a thought

<hr>

There you go, Joe P'Shaw. Congrats, I knew you could do it.

Well, ok, I had a hunch that you HAD to have at least ONE in you. One semi-coherent one, anyway.

Papa

P.S.

In the oddest way, Joe, I feel myself becoming strangely fond of you.

P.S.S.

I guess now I'll just have to kill myself.

P.S.S.S.

Hey Joe, what aisle do you keep the live ammo in?

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

<hr>

mass snippage of mindless drivel and general background noises

Just a thought

<hr>

There you go, Joe P'Shaw. Congrats, I knew you could do it.

Well, ok, I had a hunch that you HAD to have at least ONE in you. One semi-coherent one, anyway.

Papa

P.S.

P.S.S.

P.S.S.S.

By George, perhaps I'll just have to bend a self-imposed rule here and there and DO IT MYSELF! Yes Papa Khann (spelt but not bolded) you have gained for yourself the signal honor of a game ... WITH THE Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread! It SHALL be Jabo! and you shall be the Axis whilst I attempt to hold the line against the onslaught as the Americans. Not only shall you cry for mercy, but your computer shall whine, moan and beg for a cessation of the trial. When I get done with you you won't even need a gun, you'll be willing to take a round of ammo and pound it into your skull with a hammer!

The setup is on it's way.

Joe

Touché.

Note, however, Herr Olde One, that I did not say I was leaving this world alone.

Papa Smurf

So you're taking folks with you? Outstanding! Please include the following:

Gunny Dummy

Iron Dumb Ass Sakai

LOSERNAME

All Canadians

That sould do for a start

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Papa Khann:

Touché.

Note, however, Herr Olde One, that I did not say I was leaving this world alone.

Papa Smurf

Gunny Dummy

Iron Dumb Ass Sakai

LOSERNAME

All Canadians

That sould do for a start</font>

<hr>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Gunny Dummy

Iron Dumb Ass Sakai

LOSERNAME

All Canadians

That sould do for a start

<hr>

No problem. Happy to oblige. Only I may include an Olde Fart or two as well...

Any additions beyond that shall have to be dependent upon the price Joe P'Shaw can procure for me on the live ammo. Technical writers aren't rich, you know. And judging from the tenor of your posts, I anticipate a LONG list (which, in case you missed it, Herr Olde BurrLickerUpOnceGuy may well come to include one name you'd have opted to leave out).

Joe, does Wal-Mart have blue-light specials?

<hr>

You MEANT all Australians, Berli ... they were both Commonwealth countries so the confusion, especially at your age, is understandable.

Joe

<hr>

Indeed. Though personally I'm leaning toward including BOTH the Australians and the Canadians on the list of names "what will board the bus to the afterworld with Papa". Just name me three good reasons to exclude either nationality. Go on. I'm begging you.

And by the way, Joe, I've returned the setup for that monstronsity you're calling a scenario.

Papa

let's hear no more about Your Serf and the duties he will perform for House Mucilage. The jury is still very much out on this one.

Joe

Dammit. Someone's got to clean up after those giraffes.....

Oh, and let it be known that Panzer Leader writhes in the crushing grip of my superior play no more, as his Green Hamstertruppen were squashed into Hamstertruppen Pies by my rampaging armada. Let it be known that PL gets anotehr Loss.

<hr>

Originally posted by dalem:

Dammit. Someone's got to clean up after those giraffes.....

<hr>

The sounds you hear are, in order:

1) Me dropping the mop and pail.

2) Me pounding on the interior wall of The Box, demanding to be let out. At least until my status as "personal" Serf to dalem has been properly instigated and approved.

Papa

P.S.

My CHALLENGE to R_Leete, however, stands as stated. Upon further reflection I've concluded that he is a git. And I intend to tote him about on a leash in front of the entire Peng community in order to prove it.

[ June 25, 2002, 02:03 AM: Message edited by: Papa Khann ]

Originally posted by Pooper Can:

****e x 3 .......

Pooper

I've got only TWO words to say to you, so put both ears to the screen yer starin' at and LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY to what I have to say:

<BIG><BIG><BIG><BIG>PILLOCK!!!</BIG></BIG></BIG></BIG>

Thnakyou for your <U>dimwitted</U> inattention. Run along now and play with the other juveniles in the Cess wading pool...

AJ

BScE

Originally posted by Leeo:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by athkatla:

I think I'll sod off...................for the time being!

Isn't this a fallacious oxymoron? That you could think?

Hmmm...

Does not compute. Proper end-point, but the process leaves much to be desired.

(Have I said before that malt liquor is my friend? Ok, the kind of friend that shows you a good evening and then hits you with a bat and takes your wallet, but with friends like that, who needs enemas?)</font>

I prefer:

- Axis, but play Allies too.

- Small to medium sized battles. The rodents that run on the wheel that powers my computer tend to tire during larger engagements. Plus, I'm a lazy cuss, and this way I won't have to scroll around a huge map quite so much in an effort to discern which rocks you and your troops will be hiding under.

- Computer generated forces, so as to allow the loser (that would be you) the ready made excuse that the AI provided you with such a selection of unusable trash that your defeat and humiliation at my hands had nothing to do with your inept generalship. (Plus, it gets away from the standard "gun hoard/uber tank/gawd-awful-huge arty" stuff that tends to occur when gamey bastiches purchase their own troops. But what do you care, you're probably a gamey bastich yourself.)

- Timed TCP/IP, but can do it the PBEM way too. If it's to be TCP/IP, 3 or 5 minute turns are best, with the timer suspended during deployment and 1st turn. Now normally I don't ask for timer suspension during the first turn, but in your case I'm willing to make an exception, to give you adequate time to sniff and pick at your various digits, cavities, and orifices before we begin play. I don't want you distracted. I want you to try to pay attention while I drive a tank back and forth over your naked, crumpled, whining little body.

Papa

OOohhh! 'E do go on then, don't 'e? "Ooohhh, mummy, mummy, I don't wants scones wif my tea."

Anything else, Papa Haydn? Maybe a halftime show starring those darlings of CM, the Audacious Australian Dance Ensemble? Perhaps we can coerce some SSNs to entertain you with sychronized sodding off.

Like I say, give a serf an inch and he'll eat for a lifetime.

P.S.

P.S.S.

P.S.S.S.

Papa...don't try to fight it...just go with your feelings...everything will be OK...I know it's hard to believe this right now, but...Joe really is a nice guy (I think).

Persephone

You MEANT all Australians, Berli ... they were both Commonwealth countries so the confusion, especially at your age, is understandable.

No, I meant Canadians

Seanachai likes Canadians, I don't (neither does Peng)

Seanachai hates Australians, I kinda like them (they make good pets)

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

OOohhh! 'E do go on then, don't 'e? "Ooohhh, mummy, mummy, I don't wants scones wif my tea."

Anything else, Papa Haydn? Maybe a halftime show starring those darlings of CM, the Audacious Australian Dance Ensemble? Perhaps we can coerce some SSNs to entertain you with sychronized sodding off.

Like I say, give a serf an inch and he'll eat for a lifetime.

A response worthy of the MBT

Originally posted by Papa Smurf:

... unfortunately there are things way down deep in the bowels of the earth, FAR older than those things young enough to actually contact dirt...

So new to the thread and already invoking Berli, although not by name...