Release of CMBB Shockwave Mod + Preview of CMBB Interface Mod

First of all, I have found a rough fix to the lack of Shockwaves in CMBB.

The CMBB Shockwave Mod affects one half of the explosion animation, combining elements of BTS' original design with an animated spherical shockwave. I have tested and tested many ways of achieving shockwaves in CMBB and this is the result, though it won't be to everyone's tastes.

CMBB Shockwave Mod

Secondly, I have made a CMBB Interface Mod which is 90% completed. It tries to achieve a retro CMBO look with the CMBB interface system. Includes a new easy to read info font. The orders menu is also modded (still needs 5 orders or so to be modded),

CMBB Interface Mod

At the moment I do not have web space to host the interface mod. If anyone can host it (few megabytes) then that would be most helpful. I don't want any credit for the mod, I just want it to be an option for CMBB players.

[ September 05, 2002, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: M. Bates ]

I like the shockwave idea. It looks good in your preview. However, It did not seem to work for me.

Once I renamed the files and copied them to the BMP directory all I got was a strange square shape for your modded frames. In fact, I could not open the BMP files in an image editor since it considered them invalid bitmap files. Could something have gone wrong when you saved them?

I really, really, really want to try them out. Can you send them to me in some other format such as TIFF or PNG. I can convert them (if I can open them) and give it a try. My e-mail is in my profile.

Kudos for the effort. If you (or someone else) can accomplish a nice mod for the explosions then all the explosion gripes will be solved! :D

-Sarge

[ September 05, 2002, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Sarge Saunders ]

Originally posted by Wicky:

Mister Bates,

No joy with the dl link for the 'plosion, could you please e-mail it me smile.gif (see profile )

Cheers

Hi,

If you click the Shockwave link, it takes you to a page with a preview pic and a link to download the zip.

Don't worry, I will email the mod to you (plus anyone else who prints their email in this topic).

Originally posted by Sarge Saunders:

I like the shockwave idea. It looks good in your preview. However, It did not seem to work for me.

Once I renamed the files and copied them to the BMP directory all I got was a strange square shape for your modded frames. In fact, I could not open the BMP files in an image editor since it considered them invalid bitmap files. Could something have gone wrong when you saved them?

I really, really, really want to try them out. Can you send them to me in some other format such as TIFF or PNG. I can convert them (if I can open them) and give it a try. My e-mail is in my profile.

Kudos for the effort. If you (or someone else) can accomplish a nice mod for the explosions then all the explosion gripes will be solved! :D

-Sarge

Hmmmmm.

The bmps were edited on a Mac in Photoshop. I'm at a loss as to why they don't work... I'll email them to you as PNGs.

Once I renamed the files and copied them to the BMP directory all I got was a strange square shape for your modded frames. In fact, I could not open the BMP files in an image editor since it considered them invalid bitmap files. Could something have gone wrong when you saved them

You know, this could be a Mac to PC thing. Did you save these BMP files on Mac? Still, as stated above, please send them by my e-mail as PNG files or something. I will play around with them to see if I can get them to work on a PC.....

-Sarge

Originally posted by M. Bates:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sarge Saunders:

-Sarge

Hmmmmm.

The bmps were edited on a Mac in Photoshop. I'm at a loss as to why they don't work... I'll email them to you as PNGs.</font>

Clicked the link on the page with the pic, this takes me to your hostd d\l page but all I get is a 4k file through IE DL manager which contains the HTML for the page?!? Tried using Interarchy which gives me a 4k text file of HTML of the d/l page.....

Ta for e-mailing it . By the way I'm on a Mac :D

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wicky:

Mister Bates,

No joy with the dl link for the 'plosion, could you please e-mail it me smile.gif (see profile )

Cheers

Hi,

If you click the Shockwave link, it takes you to a page with a preview pic and a link to download the zip.

Don't worry, I will email the mod to you (plus anyone else who prints their email in this topic).</font>

Clicked the link on the page with the pic, this takes me to your hostd d\l page but all I get is a 4k file through IE DL manager which contains the HTML for the page?!? Tried using Interarchy which gives me a 4k text file of HTML of the d/l page.....

Ta for e-mailing it . By the way I'm on a Mac :D

Edit: FOA M Bates Fron the files I notice you've edited them in Photoshop and saved them as PS bmps. I've found you need to reopen them in the mac's Pictureviewer app and then export them and save to get it compatible with CM.

It explains the PC users probs

e-mail me back if you need to.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wicky:

Mister Bates,

Cheers

Hi,

Don't worry, I will email the mod to you (plus anyone else who prints their email in this topic).</font>

Hey I got your e-mail with the PNG files. I like the direction this mod is going. Yet, I am finding "dots" in my sphere.

See image below (note this has been compressed for size):

splodies.jpg

Hi, the "dots" are the result of transparencies (pink pixels) and are intentional.

It was intended to let the background show thru a little, to make the shockwave meld together with the surroundings.

If the transparency of the shockwave is unpopular with people, then I will remove all the pink pixels from the .bmps and concentrate on giving detail to the shockwave blast.

If the transparency of the shockwave is unpopular with people, then I will remove all the pink pixels from the .bmps and concentrate on giving detail to the shockwave blast.

Yes I think I prefer it solid. The picture I posted shows a fairly solid explosion on the far right. The closer one is not to my liking.

Hope this helps and keep up the good work!

-Sarge

(Personally, I liked deanco's clipboard interface best of all! Of course, I mostly use the keys so I almost never see it.....)

Speaking of interfaces, has anyone ever asked why they don't just get rid of the nav buttons on the right side? That would make the interface look a little cleaner, or give them more room for additional information....

Originally posted by Terence:

Bates!

How long did it take you do complete this interface mod? Just curiuos. I'm interested in maybe trying something like this myself, and becoming a mod juggernaut in my own right.

Terence

for all the interface bmps it will probably take a while. i did some just replacing the font and status/experience labels with the ones from deanco's original mod and it took me a few hours cause i was obsessively lining them up.